Hi there. I have the Storm and am so-so happy with it, and I'm intrigued with the Tour.

The only think I love about the Storm is the internet access.

Does anyone know about the quality and maneuverability of the internet on the Tour?

Thanks!

Kraig
    05-08-09 08:53 AM
    Hi there. I have the Storm and am so-so happy with it, and I'm intrigued with the Tour.

The only think I love about the Storm is the internet access.

Does anyone know about the quality and maneuverability of the internet on the Tour?

Thanks!

Kraig
    I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking. But yes the Tour will be as good as the Storm with regards to browsing. Actually it will be better than the Storm. The browser has been tweaked, and supports JS better.
    05-08-09 09:21 AM
    I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking. But yes the Tour will be as good as the Storm with regards to browsing. Actually it will be better than the Storm. The browser has been tweaked, and supports JS better.
    Or maybe the OP means, what is the web browsing experience like on the Tour as compared to the Storm. Since the Storm has a much larger screen, web browsing I would think is a more enjoyable experience.

Whats the screen size of the Tour, 2.8"?
    05-08-09 11:42 AM
    Thanks for your replies...

Yes, my poorly worded question (as I re-read it) was mainly wondering if the browsing experience would be good on Tour. I find the browsing on the Storm to be great and it's nice to have a 'mini-computer' in my hand.

And I hope that Tour has the same (or better, as you say) experience.

Thanks!

Kraig
    05-08-09 12:30 PM
    the storm will always have the edge in screen size that is not to say that you wont be able to surf pages on the tour its just it will be a "different" experience.
    05-08-09 02:06 PM
    Using both I can say that the Storm internet looks a lil better based on the screen size but as CX said the pages load a lil better on the 9630. I used to only use Opera really but now I am starting to use the BB Browser more as it has gotten much better.
    05-08-09 05:31 PM
    Glad to know the browser is going to be better!
    05-12-09 01:21 PM
    But will the storms browser get better enough with OS 5.0? Enough to be equal with the tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 02:04 PM
    But will the storms browser get better enough with OS 5.0? Enough to be equal with the tour?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I dont think they will just leave the storm in the dust..

However I truly believe that the future of mobile browsing is something like Bolt or third party that really takes the time to make it happen and devote a ton of energy into just the browsing side of things.
    05-12-09 05:19 PM
    question guys...can you view videos from a web browser on the tour? like that is running java? thanks for the reply
    07-14-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD