so every month ive been getting charged for using data (i have the unlimited data plan)
    and every month the clientcare rep just credited me and told me it would be fixed next month
    obviously that didnt happen
    so today i got on the phone with the people who deal with the data network and he said that polar mobile (the hockey news app) has been charging me because im subscribing to them?
    am i just stupid and didnt realize that this app isnt free? (app world says it is!)
    also i got charged for using Poynt too

anyone else having to deal with this problem???
    05-07-09 04:53 PM
    Really? I should check my next bill. I've been using Poynt for months and my bill is still the same amount. I hope the hockey news app is free or else I'll delete it from my 8330 asap.
    05-08-09 01:32 PM
    I have had Hockey new since day one and have never been charged a fee.
    I use it almost every day, it's one of my favorite apps. I did not have to give them any information so I don't know if they could charge me...
    05-08-09 01:44 PM
    i have also had it since i got my phone....and no charges.....not sure what the deal is there
    05-08-09 02:10 PM
    Sounds like xalbs is not on an unlimited plan as firstly thought. Perhaps on their computers it is indicated differently. I've been on unlimited since last year when Telus started the promo.
    05-08-09 02:32 PM
    If he wasn't on unlimited, they wouldn't have credited him the bill each month. It sounds like a Telus rep just wanted to get him off the phone, so claimed he was being charged by another company.
    05-10-09 04:16 AM
    I love the hockey news app. Never been charged a penny for it. Use it all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 03:02 PM
    so every month ive been getting charged for using data (i have the unlimited data plan)
    and every month the clientcare rep just credited me and told me it would be fixed next month
    obviously that didnt happen
    so today i got on the phone with the people who deal with the data network and he said that polar mobile (the hockey news app) has been charging me because im subscribing to them?
    am i just stupid and didnt realize that this app isnt free? (app world says it is!)
    also i got charged for using Poynt too

anyone else having to deal with this problem???
    I just double checked and instead of it showing Data EVDO usage it shows up as Wireless Web Browser. I show 'subscriptions.polarmobile.com ' and 'pws.ipoynt.com'. Luckily I have a feature that covers both wireless web and data but it sounds as though whatever data plan you have isnt covering you for Wireless Web Browser. It seems odd to me that these apps would use WAP.
    05-19-09 01:45 AM
    I just double checked and instead of it showing Data EVDO usage it shows up as Wireless Web Browser. I show 'subscriptions.polarmobile.com ' and 'pws.ipoynt.com'. Luckily I have a feature that covers both wireless web and data but it sounds as though whatever data plan you have isnt covering you for Wireless Web Browser. It seems odd to me that these apps would use WAP.

Thank you
    06-01-09 03:17 PM
    i have unlimited, just went back a couple bills, no charges, and i've been using this app a lot
    06-03-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD