Longtime palm user new to BB
    please help& direct me these forums seem so overwhelming!
    My 8330 is on the ups truck as we speak
    TIA
    05-07-09 10:21 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

Check out this guides:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

Enjoy your 8330. it's a great phone!
    05-07-09 10:32 AM
    Welcome. I would definitely read the 101 series. They helped me understand what to do and where to go. I am still very new as well and I still refer back to these almost on a daily basis.
    05-07-09 10:34 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry Forums. Keep coming back. It's amazing what you can pick up just by reading through the threads.

I have to remember back to when I came over from 10 yrs on the Palm myself...

In general, you can use MS Outlook like you are used to using the Palm Desktop. BB Desktop Manager, however, is used to sync data between the BB and Outlook. It is not a Palm Desktop replacement. Outlook is or you can use Google Calendar as well as other apps like them. I'm not sure of all that is available, but others on the forums will be happy to get you the info you need based upon how you work (and play.)

It will all make more sense once you have your precious BB in your hands. Read the manual and search the forums for threads that contain the information you are seeking. When you post, use a specific title so others can help you out more quickly with the answers you are looking for.

Welcome to your new addition!

Excellent point joni4! BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    05-07-09 10:55 AM
    thank you all!
    05-07-09 11:09 AM
    Welcome, welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 11:15 AM
    thanks everyone!
    Irwin I've been a palm user since '99 too! lol
    05-07-09 12:52 PM
    thanks everyone!
    Irwin I've been a palm user since '99 too! lol
    My first Palm entry: March 1, 1999

You're gonna love your Berry. And I meant your new addiction, not addition.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-07-09 at 08:23 PM.
    05-07-09 01:06 PM
    My first Palm entry: March 1, 1999

You're gonna love your Berry. And I meant your new addiction, not addition.
    ok so i have it in my hands now, won't be able to connect it prob till next week( long story) meanwhile i can play with it i suppose....

really not sure what the hype is all about
    centro was a decent phone...
    05-07-09 09:40 PM
    I had a Treo 650 for the last several Palm years, but it was getting long in the tooth. Web access was slow and while my Palm still worked well, Palm was not showing any interest in upgrading the desktop & the new phones were Win mobile and I wasn't sure the Pre was going to be what I wanted. Centro was too small for my hands. BB has been very reliable. Had to get used to Outlook and the differences in syncing vs Palm.

I guess it was time for something new. I am still running OS 4.3 'til I feel comfortable enough to upgrade to 4.5. My BB is a tool for me; not a toy so the reliability has been a plus. Also, BB is moving forward while I felt Palm was stagnating.

Give your BB a few days & after you get everything txfered, then decide for yourself. I would be more than happy to help w/ your txfering your data as the 'switch device wizard' didn't work for me. I can help you with the txfer if you like. Just post when you are ready. I'll watch for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 07:54 AM
    thanks a lot!

I am not sure I'll be transfering everything till i know for sure pre won't be an option for me, hopefully it'll be out by 17th as everyone says...

i think i like it I put angels & deamons audio book to get ready for the movie & was playing the game it came with during my commute so i am testing this baby out.
    getting used to the rollerball thingy, interface but missing the touchscreen

Is adobe on the cd that came with it? If not where can dl for free? I'd like to put a few books on the card & they are in the pdf formats
    05-08-09 08:44 AM
    Morning.

I forgot to even ask what model BB you have.

I know that I can read .pdf attachments, but don't believe adobe reader is on the cd (off the top of my head.) I would think the best bet is to find a 3rd party app and install on the BB. I know they exist, but can't find the threads right now.
    Last edited by Irwin II; 05-08-09 at 11:14 AM.
    05-08-09 10:52 AM
    Morning.

I forgot to even ask what model BB you have.

I know that I can read .pdf attachments, but don't believe adobe reader is on the cd (off the top of my head.) I would think the best bet is to find a 3rd party app and install on the BB. I know they exist, but can't find the threads right now.
    morn

titanium curve 8330 from Sprint
    05-08-09 12:24 PM
    ok so I couldn't take the second replacement centro unit restarting & lagging on me again tonight! can you believe it 2nd defective unit in like 72 hrs!!!!
    I had no clue about all these icons appearing after data was added hehe
    pretty cool
    I guess I'll tackle adding email & all the other stuff tomorrow I'm pooped !
    I'm going to transf all the other centro stuff later since when i get work email connected everything else gets erased anyway
    05-08-09 09:30 PM
    hhhhmm so i installed the desktop & there is an option to migrate palm info but the device wizard gets frozen on that step
    05-09-09 05:21 PM
    Check out some links in my thread. Also start reading the 83xx series threads to learn more about your model.
    05-09-09 06:43 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, psixichka! Enjoy your new BB and look forward to having you here on the forums.
    05-09-09 07:13 PM
    Morning (again)

As I remember I had the same problem. Are you getting any error messages or does it just freeze?
    05-10-09 10:26 AM
    Morning (again)

As I remember I had the same problem. Are you getting any error messages or does it just freeze?
    morn

it freezes

i tried again this am
    same thing happens
    05-10-09 10:29 AM
    What version of Desktop Manager do you have?

Where is all your data. On the Palm?
    05-10-09 10:36 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    Good luck with the issues you're having, and trust us, you will soon understand what all the "hype" is about!!
    05-10-09 10:37 AM
    What version of Desktop Manager do you have?

Where is all your data. On the Palm?
    yup on the palm
    it's palm desktop by acess version 6.2.2

Welcome to CB!
    Good luck with the issues you're having, and trust us, you will soon understand what all the "hype" is about!!
    lol i think i get it lol & it's only been 48 hrs haha
    05-10-09 11:08 AM
    Hence my statement about your new addiction......

DM version?
    OS version on the BB?

I think the best way to go is to get all your data into Outlook and then sync that to your BB.
    05-10-09 12:03 PM
    Hence my statement about your new addiction......

DM version?
    OS version on the BB?
    all the latest versions

I think the best way to go is to get all your data into Outlook and then sync that to your BB.
    ooohh how do i do that?

thanks a lot
    05-10-09 12:07 PM
    I had to change my Palm conduits (using the Palm cd) so that my Treo syned with Outlook. All the organizer data should then be in Outlook.

Just make sure you map the Contacts info so it transfers to Outlook as you want it to. I was in a hurry and didn't; now I have to cut n paste to get the data correct in all my contacts. Pain in the ___!

Let me know if this doesn't make any sense.
    05-10-09 12:21 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD