Is there an app that will tell you how much memory is being used by each app? I don't recall what the size of each app I installed was, nor do I know how much memory they use to cache their data.
    05-07-09 09:56 AM
    This is not possible. There is no API to determine memory usage of individual applications.
    05-07-09 10:42 AM
    Giant Cashew has it, we got nothing yet... Get MeterBerry, well worth it!
    05-07-09 10:48 AM
    I wish someone would just write an app that will just display constant free app memory in the 50's. Even though it's not true, it won't matter anyway because your phone will run fine anyway. But at least people can pretend it really made a difference. Come on app writers, make it happen. The crowded boards and I will thank you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 10:50 AM
    Press CTRL-ALT-DEL and click on Task Manager then goto the Processes tab

I gotta warn you though, CTRL-ALT-DEL on the virtual keyboard is a lil tricky
    05-07-09 10:51 AM
    Lol at the last two posts..

Meterberry is nice though

05-07-09 10:53 AM
    The BB App World keeps a list of apps you've downloaded and also uninstalled and it displays app size. It helps me a little...
    05-07-09 10:57 AM
    I wish someone would just write an app that will just display constant free app memory in the 50's. Even though it's not true, it won't matter anyway because your phone will run fine anyway. But at least people can pretend it really made a difference. Come on app writers, make it happen. The crowded boards and I will thank you.

I like this idea!! +1
    05-07-09 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the legitimate responses. I did get Meterberry yesterday. Normally I don't concern myself with remaining memory. But starting yesterday my phone was constantly displaying an hour glass and I couldn't even unlock my phone. I had updated several apps yesterday and was hoping that something might help me pinpoint the problem. It wound being Viigo Alpha.

Phillyphreak is obviously a tool. Sure the remaining memory doesn't necessarily mean anything and it might not affect the phone's performance but knowing it can help determine the source of a problem. Further, I didn't ask for something to tell me how much memory I have available. I asked to see how much memory a given app is occupying. When I can't make phone calls, unlock my phone, or install anything new without a reboot there is clearly a problem. So statements like yours are inaccurate at best.

Last edited by jeepguy_1980; 05-07-09 at 11:17 AM.
    05-07-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD