So, after doing a wipe of my phone (b/c my camera wasn't working and it was suggested by mult peolple), I put .141 back onto my phone. My camera still doesnt work and when i try to restore my phones 3rd party apps w/ my .ipd file it says there are no changes to what is on my phone. but... none of my apps are on my phone. When opening my pin folder from my backup i see all the files of apps that i want back on my phone. like tiltris, my theme, viigo... etc..... Anyone know what i should do...
    Plus with the whole camera thing, it just stopped working on sunday... should i put .75 back on and take it into VZW and ask them to look at it or what?
    T.I.A.
    -Matt D
    Last edited by MattD; 05-06-09 at 08:14 PM.
    05-06-09 08:08 PM
    Your not alone. Just my .02 cents ... i'm wiping and going back to .75 now. im ready to literally make some one from RIM eat this f&*king thing!!!!
    05-06-09 08:12 PM
    wait i think i did it wrong... lemme double check.
    05-06-09 08:17 PM
    tried again... but found an older .alx... the only thing that was found was google maps...
    05-06-09 08:23 PM
    whatever.. guess i'll just redownload everything unless someone has a better idea or solution
    Last edited by MattD; 05-06-09 at 08:37 PM.
    05-06-09 08:24 PM
    I think the camera issue is a hardware issue not an OS issue. I've tried every official and leaked OS including hybrids and never had an issue where the camera was not working. The performance of the camera varied with the difference OS versions though.
    05-06-09 08:41 PM
    yea, it's worked since i got the phone back in feb... then all of a sudden on Sunday it stopped working.
    05-06-09 08:46 PM
    anyone have any opinions or solutions to how to restore my 3rd party apps?
    05-06-09 09:17 PM
    bumpzilla!
    05-06-09 11:16 PM
    i am having the same problem with my Vodafone Storm. Camera wont start up, battery pull, reinstalled OS but nothing ...it still gives the error..
    i even removed unwanted stuff did a battery pull...still nothing..
    i;m thinking its a hardware issue.

Any help on this !!!!
    05-07-09 03:00 AM
    yea, it's worked since i got the phone back in feb... then all of a sudden on Sunday it stopped working.
    I don't know if you got the problem with your 3rd party apps solved yet, but I just came across this thread.

The .ipd file is what DM creates when you back up your phone settings. Did you also back up your 3rd party apps using the DM Device Switch Wizard, and then copy and save the temporary file onto your desktop or somewhere else? If you did, that folder, which would be named the same as your pin, should have your 3rd party apps and the .alx file to restore them to your phone using the DM Application Loader (using Browse to navigate to the folder and select the .alx file).

If you did not backup your 3rd party apps this way and wiped your phone, then I'm sorry to say that you will have to redownload those apps.

Next time you are going to wipe and install, do this:

1. backup 3rd party apps using DM Device Switch Wizard (if you need help on this, see this link, it includes a video showing how to do it: How to: Back Up & Restore 3rd Party Apps
    2. backup phone using DM Backup and Restore
    3. wipe using JLCmdr or other program
    4. install your OS
    5. restore your 3rd party apps using DM Application Loader
    6. restore your phone backup using DM Backup and Restore

I haven't heard of others having problems with the camera not working because of .141. I had a problem with the video camera not running smoothly with .141, which didn't work well in general on my phone, which is why I am back on v4. Sorry but I don't have any suggestions on the camera problem.
    Last edited by 808Storming; 05-07-09 at 04:18 AM.
    05-07-09 04:06 AM
    yeah, my restore w/ my .ipd file for my contacts and everything worked... but now when i'm trying to restore my 3rd party apps w/ my .alx file it says nothing is different. I opened my folder w/ my 3rd party apps in it and the apps are there but like it isn't acknowledging on the phone... w/e, i just reinstalled them... nbd. but yea, still no camera. think i'm just gonna go back to .75 and take it to VZW and see if they can fix it or ask for a new one and not a refurb like ppl are getting through insurance.
    05-07-09 12:44 PM
    Yes, go back to .75

If it is still broken take it to VZW.

About the 3rd party Apps, do you see all the files associated with them in the same folder as your .alx ?

If it is just the .alx and nothing else then you didn't really backup any of the the apps. (NVM saw you already did check this...)

Reinstalling them though should not be too much trouble....especially if they are mostly from app world.
    05-07-09 03:00 PM
    Reinstalling them though should not be too much trouble....especially if they are mostly from app world.
    Yeah, one of the crappy things is I had talklock beta and now its not in beta anymore and I would have to purchase it... super lame!
    05-12-09 03:26 PM
    Yeah, one of the crappy things is I had talklock beta and now its not in beta anymore and I would have to purchase it... super lame!
    You can only backup applications if you check the option to do so when you use DM or apploader (or you can follow the advice of this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/)

If you didn't elect to back them up before you wiped or if you didn't back them up per the above thread link, you will have to reinstall them. If you did elect to back them up in DM or apploader and they didn't restore, then either something jostled with the USB during restore or you have a hardware issue, and not a software one. I've run every OS from .75 to .141 and I've never had a problem with third party apps being restored or with native apps (like the camera app) simply not working. Like I said, you either jostled your connection during restore or you have a hardware issue.
    05-12-09 03:45 PM
    You do NOT restore apps with the ipd file, that is data only. You do not do this through Backup/Restore, rather:

To restore your apps in DM go to Add/Remove Applications and then browse to the location of the Pin folder, open it and click on the alx file. This will add your apps to the installer. Then go back to the installer and drop through the list of apps and check the ones you want to install and then proceed.
    05-12-09 04:52 PM
    Like I said, you either jostled your connection during restore or you have a hardware issue.
    Hopefully its a hardware issue and it'll be replaced
    05-12-09 08:18 PM
    Yeah, i messed up my post at first.... i used the ipd file to back up my data which worked fine, but then i used the alx file to restore my 3rd party apps.
    05-13-09 07:35 PM
    Good, does that mean you got your apps back?

How about the camera, is it working?
    05-13-09 11:33 PM
    nope. it says there is no difference between what the file has and the apps my phone already has installed. but when i open the folder the app files that arent on my phone are there... w/e, i just redownloaded them. though when i had talklock it was the free beta and now you have to purchase it...
    no, no luck w/ the camera.
    but i still haven't had the time to put .75 back on my phone... been busy working my crappy part time job looking for a real full time job since i just graduated college!
    05-13-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD