Hey guys, i am an avid crackberry memeber. I do alot of reading so i consider myself pretty knowldgeable, there are still a few things i know i can learn though. First off, my storm is DEAD. I turned it on yesterday, got the hour glass and the white load up screen and about 30 seconds later, it went off and i can not get it to come back on. THere is no red blinking light when i plug it in. I can take out the battery and plug my phone into the wall and i get nothing. On my curve if i plug it in with no battery, i atleast know there is power going to the phone because it turns on, and i get a battery logo with a red slash through it, on my storm, i get nothing. I bought it new, and unlocked it, for ATT. I am not a Verizon customer, as i understand all the consequenses when buying a phone and not being on a carrier the phone is supposed to be used for. Ive read everything to try to revive the storm, but i am thinkin i am now SOL. Any advice would be appreciated, but i think i have an expensive paper weight on my hands. If nothing works i think i am putting it up on Ebay as a like new broken storm is going for about 200. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    05-06-09 03:10 PM
    anyone know of any ideas at all?
    05-06-09 04:57 PM
    Sounds like a paperweight to me . I would sell it on ebay and get what ya can from it.
    05-06-09 05:05 PM
    Well something close happened to me I read some were here to do the following

1- press the off button several times
    2-pull battery and plug charger continue to press off button
    3-put battery back in and press off button again several times

Then a battery with a thunder across should come on the screen hope this helps if you already new this then sorry just trying to help good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 05:20 PM
    hey thanks for the help, ill let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies!!
    05-06-09 05:35 PM
    I also had something similar to me. It turns out that my battery completely died. I took it to the store, they tried a new battery, and it worked. So hopefully all is not lost for you
    05-06-09 05:38 PM
    hey thanks for the help, ill let you know if it works. Thanks for the replies!!
    I forgot to say if you do see the display I mention let it charge a little because that just means your phone fully drain. And it will take a minute for it to go back safe operational level.

05-06-09 07:28 PM
    mine did similiar the other day. it turned on booted up then went black and would do nothing. pluged in into a Usb port and nothing no lights nothing. pluged it into the wall for 30 mins and it began to show signs of life.
    then it turned on and no issues. the bb tech told me it was too dead to boot and it needed to recharge.
    05-06-09 08:01 PM
    well ive tried many things but i will try to leave it on a charger for a good hour. I havent tried that yet. I really appreciate all the replies. Im so close to putting it up on ebay but i love the phone so much, i really dont want to give it up. I went to Verizon today and because im not a customer they would not help me. I asked if they had a spare working battery i could try, it would seriously only take 2 seconds for me to pop it into my phone to see if it powers on and they said no. I didnt put up a fuss as i understand they are there to make money, not help an ATT customer, so well see if the charge works, if not, ill have to try a new battery, maybe order it online.
    05-06-09 09:33 PM
    mine did similiar the other day. it turned on booted up then went black and would do nothing. pluged in into a Usb port and nothing no lights nothing. pluged it into the wall for 30 mins and it began to show signs of life.
    then it turned on and no issues. the bb tech told me it was too dead to boot and it needed to recharge.
    well my storm came back from the dead. It turned out to be a prblem like the one stated above. Thanks to everyone who helped.

05-09-09 08:32 AM
    Dead batteries suck. Seriously though, glad everything worked out okay.

05-09-09 09:43 AM
    number one if you download the new .141 os to your bb you will not have any problems with your battery, number 2 just hook your bb up the desktop manager and use your backup files to correct the problem, that is if you backed up your information.
    05-09-09 12:59 PM
    number one if you download the new .141 os to your bb you will not have any problems with your battery, number 2 just hook your bb up the desktop manager and use your backup files to correct the problem, that is if you backed up your information.
    Thanks for the tip on the new OS ill have to give that a shot. Im kinda lost with the bb desktop manager solution. I never lost anything while my phone would not turn on.
    05-09-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD