So, on my Add/Remove Programs list I have 4 different listings for BlackBerry Device Software v4.7.0 for the BlackBerry 9530 smartphone... 3 are 137.00MB and 1 is 151.00MB. 2 of the 131MB ones say I used them yesterday (which is when i put .141 on) and the other says I used it today (which I don't believe I did use it) and the 151MB version says I haven't used it since 1/22/09. Is it ok to uninstall some of them? And, which ones should I get rid of?
    Thanks!
    05-06-09 03:01 PM
    you can safely uninstall the older one. and any others with the exception of the ,141 version... it is not necessary to keep the older versions after you upgrade to a higher OS...
    05-06-09 03:04 PM
    If you have the uriginal installer files then you can honestly remove all of them. They only need to be installrd during your install. I personally remove all but the current one I am installing then remove it once I am done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 03:05 PM
    Alright... Cool, thanks for the quick replies!
    05-06-09 03:06 PM
    You should try to install the older versions before installing the new ones just to be safe and avoid any potential problems

05-06-09 03:07 PM
    You should try to install the older versions before installing the new ones just to be safe and avoid any potential problems

I don't think so, the OP said he installed 141 yesterday, he is just asking about removing some of the OS's installed on his computer, which IS a good idea. Please read the posts carefully before providing answers.
    05-06-09 06:02 PM
    I don't think so, the OP said he installed 141 yesterday, he is just asking about removing some of the OS's installed on his computer, which IS a good idea. Please read the posts carefully before providing answers.
    I thought his advice was spot on.

He said "You should try to uninstall the older versions before installing the new ones just to be safe and avoid any potential problems"

Other than his typo I fixed what is wrong with advising someone to remove older OS versions from their computer prior to installing a new one?
    05-06-09 06:49 PM
    I thought his advice was spot on.

He said "You should try to uninstall the older versions before installing the new ones just to be safe and avoid any potential problems"

Other than his typo I fixed what is wrong with advising someone to remove older OS versions from their computer prior to installing a new one?
    Well if leaving out the "un" is spot on, then I stand corrected, but the original OP was having some confusion about what to do.
    So I suspect from what you are telling me, him saying to "install" the older versions before installing the new one means the same thing as "uninstall" then I may need new reading glasses and/or went to different english classes than you!
    Last edited by DJM1947; 05-07-09 at 12:11 AM.
    05-06-09 09:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD