I know that the voice part 'should' work. The question is, will I be able to get emails and web service? I looked at telus' site and it's inconclusive. They say that I have cdma service but no conclusive info for data.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks
    03-05-08 04:55 PM
    I'm not sure, but be aware of the roaming charges that you will incur. They will be very hefty, especially for the data, if it indeed does work.

BgDM
    03-06-08 10:31 AM
    verizon 8830 worked for me in cozumel, phone worked, so did data, used it for about a week, and it cost about 13 dollars in the data charges
    03-06-08 07:12 PM
    I am on Telus, and I was in Mexico and was able to get data sometimes - off and on. On Telus's website it shows Mexico as NOT being able to do email and web, Products and services / coverage map / international roaming / global roaming maps - TELUS Mobility - Ontario, however I was getting 1XEV connectivity and data for parts of my trip. Sorry for no definitive answer, but I thought I'd give the most info I could!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 05:20 AM
    Thanks! Kind of strange that coverage is spotty. Should have gone with Robbers (Rogers) GSM units instead. I think the GSP based models receive data
    03-31-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD