Greetings fellow 8900 fans, I have an issue with my 8900 and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and had some suggestions or fixes for me. (I checked the first few pages and didn't see any similar threads)

My problem is whenever I want to take a picture or start the video recorder (I usually use this for the flash as a flashlight) it takes at least 10 seconds for the app to start and another few seconds to snap a picture or start recording video.

I noticed without my media card in the camera comes up very fast but the video camera doesn't work at all obviously.

Is there any way I can speed this up? Is my memory card bad? Anyone else have these issues?

Here's the relevent info:

Carrier: TMO
    Mem Free: 154
    Memory Card: Kingston 8GB I have about 5GB of music and maybe a few hundred megs of other stuff.

I haven't really been impressed with the reports of the inc updates to the OS so I'm kinda holding off for 5.... But if this issue is fixed in a later version I'd be willing to update.

Thanks in advance.
    05-06-09 08:03 AM
    I just pulled the phone out pressed the camera button and it focused and flashed in 8 seconds.

Once in the camera function was able to start video camera in 6 seconds.... it might be OS related.

I am running the 4.6.1.231
    05-06-09 08:13 AM
    i had the same problem with my video camera taking 10-12 seconds to start recording to fix i just formatted the card in the bb by going options, memory then hit the menu button and format
    05-06-09 08:21 AM
    I've used several OS version... this was always an issue until I upgraded to .206... now it's only a couple seconds for the camera to focus and take the picture... a very big improvement.
    05-06-09 08:32 AM
    Just tried it on mine and it took a snap in about 5-8 seconds.

I'm running .231 and haven't seen an appreciable lag on other releases
    05-06-09 09:07 AM
    Less than 6 seconds to start up and picture for me. Running 5.0 with SanDisk 16GB memory card and 135mb free memory. Are other apps open?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 09:47 AM
    Less than 6 seconds to start up and picture for me. Running 5.0 with SanDisk 16GB memory card and 135mb free memory. Are other apps open?

Yes of course other apps are running but even if I do a battery pull and try the camera before I start anything else it takes wayy too long to come up. Even "5 to 8 seconds" seems too long. Ill try formatting my card in the BB itself to see if that helps... I had previously formatted anddefragged under windows to see if that would help and it did not

Thanks for the replies!

05-06-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD