I have this buddy of mine that I am trying to add to my BB Messenger.

I sent him an invite and he accepted. and he got added to my BB Contact list. but when I wrote him a message, the message did not get delivered and there was an 'x' on the buddy icon. Same happened with him.

We deleted each other and this time he sent me the invite. Same thing again.

can anyone tell me why this is happening and how we can fix it?

thanks!
    05-06-09 03:26 AM
    The x on the buddy icon simple means the person has lost coverage or could be in a low coverage zone.

This doesn't mean that both of you are in no coverage zones....for instance...if your friend is in a no coverage zone if you try to PIN (BBM) him you will see the red x on his icon and if he tries to PIN you...he will see the x on your icon, simply because he is not connected.

So I am pretty sure, 1 of you have not so great reception or a very poor signal of some sort.

Have you both tried being on WI-FI when you send...I am sure this would help and would prove that the issue is with the actual EDGE connection of one of you.
    05-06-09 03:34 AM
    I thought about this, but the weird thing is I can send messages to others via BBM and he can send messages to others via BBM.

We just can't send it to each other....
    05-06-09 03:55 AM
    You guys are just meant to be BB friends... j/k.

This happened to me. I just did what you tried to do, but over and over with a batt pull on my phone. Deleted..batt pull, re-added til it worked.

I know what you mean. It was a little square with a red x next to it.
    05-06-09 05:44 AM
    Yeah...... sounds like you are in for a round a battery pull roulette!!!
    05-06-09 07:31 AM
    well since we're on the topic of BBM , I was wondering if my phone is turned off for a period of time , will I still recieve BBM messages from the people that msged me while my phone was off? after i turn the phone back on , i should still retrieve the messeges?
    05-06-09 03:07 PM
    well since we're on the topic of BBM , I was wondering if my phone is turned off for a period of time , will I still recieve BBM messages from the people that msged me while my phone was off? after i turn the phone back on , i should still retrieve the messeges?
    from what i know is that on their end they will see a clock icon next to the messsage.. once u come back online those messages will be sent automatically to you..
    05-06-09 03:22 PM
    thanks for the tip.
    05-06-09 04:26 PM
    Yeah...... sounds like you are in for a round a battery pull roulette!!!
    when in doubt, pull it out lol
    05-06-09 08:29 PM
    You guys are just meant to be BB friends... j/k.

This happened to me. I just did what you tried to do, but over and over with a batt pull on my phone. Deleted..batt pull, re-added til it worked.

I know what you mean. It was a little square with a red x next to it.

I tried this battery pull idea over and over again over the last few days and it did not work.

anyone else has another solution?
    05-08-09 09:32 AM
    I have a similar problem, bbm will not work selectively with some of my contacts overseas, I've tried deleting, re-installing, up and downgraded SO, so many battery pulls it is not funny anymore... please somebody advise.
    05-09-09 11:06 AM
    Having similar sending UK to US, we can receive each others requests, but then just show pending...VERY frustrating
    05-09-09 11:54 AM
    Having similar sending UK to US, we can receive each others requests, but then just show pending...VERY frustrating
    I have found that if you used their email address and had the above experience, using their pin will usually work. Likewise, the opposite is true; If you used their pin to add them, try their email address, and that will usually work.
    05-09-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD