TetherBerry is proud to finally announce the first and only USB Tethering solution for the Mac with your BlackBerry! We invite you to try out our beta, at no charge until we launch our release candidate.

Simply follow the instructions below:

1. Download TetherBerry to your Mac by clicking on the link:
Leopard Mac Version: http://www.tetherberry.com/d/TetherBerry.dmg
    (It is known to work on Leopard and will be supporting Tiger soon.)

2. Run the setup file and install our software. Make sure to set your TetherBerry adapter to run in DHCP mode,

3. Download our BlackBerry software by opening the following URL with your BlackBerry device, from the browser:
http://tetherberry.com/d/tetherberry.jad

4. The first time the TetherBerry application is run on your phone you will be asked what type of connection to use. Please try Default first as this works for most of our users. If you are having problems connecting you can change the setting through the menu to be Direct as this is the next best option for most people. As a final resort, try the BES/MDS option.

5. You should be asked to plug in your BlackBerry to your PC, if you haven't already done so. If you have a password set on your BlackBerry the software on the PC will ask you for that password. You only have 10 attempts!

6. You should now be able to surf the web. Please turn off any bandwidth consuming applications like BitTorrent to ensure high speeds.

7. If you are seeing an error for "Tunnel Failed", this means you need to set the correct APN and make sure all permissions have been granted to TetherBerry on your BlackBerry device.
    05-05-09 11:54 PM
    Thanks for sharing... all I need now is a mac!
    05-05-09 11:55 PM
    Nice, will download as soon as my phone resets.
    05-06-09 12:06 AM
    Great, would test out if I didn't break my mac.
    05-06-09 12:06 AM
    TetherBerry is proud to finally announce the first and only USB Tethering solution for the Mac with your BlackBerry! We invite you to try out our beta, at no charge until we launch our release candidate.

Simply follow the instructions below:

1. Download TetherBerry to your Mac by clicking on the link:
Leopard Mac Version: http://www.tetherberry.com/d/TetherBerry.dmg
    (It is known to work on Leopard and will be supporting Tiger soon.)

2. Run the setup file and install our software. Make sure to set your TetherBerry adapter to run in DHCP mode,

3. Download our BlackBerry software by opening the following URL with your BlackBerry device, from the browser:
http://tetherberry.com/d/tetherberry.jad

4. The first time the TetherBerry application is run on your phone you will be asked what type of connection to use. Please try Default first as this works for most of our users. If you are having problems connecting you can change the setting through the menu to be Direct as this is the next best option for most people. As a final resort, try the BES/MDS option.

5. You should be asked to plug in your BlackBerry to your PC, if you haven't already done so. If you have a password set on your BlackBerry the software on the PC will ask you for that password. You only have 10 attempts!

6. You should now be able to surf the web. Please turn off any bandwidth consuming applications like BitTorrent to ensure high speeds.

7. If you are seeing an error for "Tunnel Failed", this means you need to set the correct APN and make sure all permissions have been granted to TetherBerry on your BlackBerry device.
    So you have to also plug this into a PC to get it to work on the Mac??? Doesnt make much sense to me for some reason.
    05-06-09 12:24 AM
    So you have to also plug this into a PC to get it to work on the Mac??? Doesnt make much sense to me for some reason.
    Short answer: No

Long Answer: PC doesn't mean "Windows based machine". PC means, personal computer. Yes, Apple pokes fun at "PC" in their commercials, but really- any computer, whether it runs Windows, Linux, or OS X, technically can be a "PC".
    05-06-09 12:28 AM
    I've tried this with my Storm, as well as my 8330...no luck. Will try an 8830 tomorrow.
    05-06-09 02:13 AM
    Works for me. I had to use direct connection but all is well.
    05-06-09 03:48 AM
    Can't wait to try this!
    05-06-09 05:21 AM
    i cant get it to work on the tetherberry gui it says blackberry not found i have the bb pluged in and i have the tetherberry app running on that
    05-06-09 05:24 AM
    i cant get it to work on the tetherberry gui it says blackberry not found i have the bb pluged in and i have the tetherberry app running on that
    I had the same problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall a couple times to get the new mac beta to work. So I created an uninstaller. I will post the link below for anyone who wants to download it.

Disclaimer - By downloading the application linked below you release the creator and host of any damage that my be caused by downloading or using the application.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/963163/Un...etherberry.zip
    05-06-09 05:42 AM
    I am using a Storm and can connect via Bluetooth. Is there a speed advantage to this? Of course, it sounds interesting, but I want to understand if this is appropriate for Storm users.
    05-06-09 05:44 AM
    yes very good script but all you have to do is delete the (en2) network connection then move the tetherberrygui app to the trash and reinstall tether berry but thanks you rock!!
    05-06-09 06:01 AM
    awesome! i just signed up 2 days ago for the beta test
    05-06-09 06:18 AM
    This doesnt work for me still..i get bb not found.....
    05-06-09 06:27 AM
    yes very good script but all you have to do is delete the (en2) network connection then move the tetherberrygui app to the trash and reinstall tether berry but thanks you rock!!
    There is also a system extention and two package receipts. I had a hard time finding the system extention so I thought the script would be a little easier.
    05-06-09 06:43 AM
    This doesnt work for me still..i get bb not found.....
    Try this. On your BB go to Options -> Memory -> and make sure Auto enable mass storage is set to yes.

Mine wont work if it is set to no or prompt. It must be a bug. Let us know if that fixes it.
    05-06-09 06:45 AM
    Hello! I hope I haven't sent this twice!
    I installed all applications, but I get " Failed to load BlackBerry Interface." I set DHCP to enabled, yes to Auto Mass Storage. Also, in my network connections it is saying that I have a cable unplugged. Help!
    05-06-09 11:21 AM
    any idea when tiger support will be available?
    05-06-09 11:29 AM
    Sweeeeeeet!!!
    05-06-09 11:30 AM
    that s a good news

i downloaded everything just need time to use it.
    probably later tonight..

is Tetherberry Mac free to use or there is a trial?
    i
    05-06-09 11:43 AM
    when using Tetherberry, will i get charged for using broadband connection from verizon or is it completely free?
    05-06-09 11:55 AM
    I will test this out tonight!! I just got my Mac and set up tethering via Bluetooth but it keeps trying to connect via my BB before the airport for some reason...gonna hafta bring it in to the Genius bar. But if this works even better!!
    05-06-09 12:07 PM
    Try this. On your BB go to Options -> Memory -> and make sure Auto enable mass storage is set to yes.

Mine wont work if it is set to no or prompt. It must be a bug. Let us know if that fixes it.
    ok, that makes tetherberry recognize it but now I don't have a 'network adapter 2' any more..any other ideas? I have tried reinstalling but adapter 2 doesn't reappear....
    05-06-09 12:17 PM
    ok, its working great now!
    05-06-09 12:22 PM
172 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD