I just want everyone to know how much I love this charging pod that I bought from crackberry! (was worried that my non-us credit card would be denied for a bit) I look at my Curve nestled in its gleaming silver cradle charging away and the BB logo glowing ominously. I think this is one of the most soul satisfying purchases I have made for the year so far. Thanks Crackberry for having it at such a great price. Much Love!
    03-05-08 01:31 PM
    Yes the pod is a wonderful looking device, and it a great accesory to have.
    03-05-08 01:33 PM
    I have one as well, and I love it! Very wise purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-08 01:36 PM
    Is anybody using one of these cradles with a seidio hybird case? I have heard that you have to remove any skin to use this charger. Is that true?
    03-06-08 03:38 AM
    Is anybody using one of these cradles with a seidio hybird case? I have heard that you have to remove any skin to use this charger. Is that true?
    Yes this is very true! It is still a great buy though.
    03-06-08 12:01 PM
    Hello All,

Just got my Charging pod and I can't seem to use it with the USB connection. It charges but i can't seem to sync it with the computer. Any ideas anyone!

So far I really like the way it looks!
    03-08-08 10:39 PM
    Hello All,

Just got my Charging pod and I can't seem to use it with the USB connection. It charges but i can't seem to sync it with the computer. Any ideas anyone!

So far I really like the way it looks!
    You can't use the USB connection through the cradle. Like the above person points out, the brass-colored connections on the back are used to charge the BlackBerry in the cradle, those connections can't be used to transfer data via USB.
    04-10-08 05:29 PM
    Is the always-on light so bright that it disturbs sleep. If so, is there a way to disable what appears from the description to be a night light?
    I agree this was the best $25 I spent. Considering getting a 2nd one for my desk at work.

The light is bright .... and you cannot turn it on/off, but you can do like I do & set something in front of the light while I sleep (I use a microfiber cleaning cloth to clean my screen every night & I fold it up & lay it in front of the charger).
    04-11-08 12:46 AM
    I just want everyone to know how much I love this charging pod that I bought from crackberry! (was worried that my non-us credit card would be denied for a bit) I look at my Curve nestled in its gleaming silver cradle charging away and the BB logo glowing ominously. I think this is one of the most soul satisfying purchases I have made for the year so far. Thanks Crackberry for having it at such a great price. Much Love!
    Agreed. I just got a charging pod for my Curve, and it's very cool. I just wish it held the device more securely. My BlackBerry kind of just rests in there. If you bump it, the phone falls out. All and all, it's totally worth the price...you can even get it for less than $20 if you do a little Web searchin'.

Oh yeah, you can also charge a Pearl device with the Curve Charging Pod, so if you use both devices, like I do, you don't need to buy two pods.

AZA
    04-23-08 08:28 PM
    I agree this was the best $25 I spent. Considering getting a 2nd one for my desk at work.

The light is bright .... and you cannot turn it on/off, but you can do like I do & set something in front of the light while I sleep (I use a microfiber cleaning cloth to clean my screen every night & I fold it up & lay it in front of the charger).
    I do the same thing in blocking the light. My charger sits on my table next to my bed where I keep my watches so I just slide a watch in front of the light to block it.

Now my Wii's blue light is a little more annoying and not as easily blockable...
    04-24-08 11:44 PM
    Agree! I love it too, where did you finder cheaper?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-08 12:45 PM
    I do the same thing in blocking the light. My charger sits on my table next to my bed where I keep my watches so I just slide a watch in front of the light to block it.
    Personally the light is too bright and i'm not interested in finding something to put in front of it every night...so it's going to my desk at work.

I was thinking of putting some electrical tape to cover up the light, but thought that was just not the right thing to do to this sleek looking accessory.

Anyone have a suggestion for a cradle that doesn't have a always on light?

At the Crackberry store I noticed the Seidio USB cradle, but it appears you need to attach the cable to the side. I also saw the Innov BerryBUDDY cradle, it appears with it you put your BB in the cradle and slide it to the left to get the built in microUSB connector to slide into the BB.

-Bruce
    Last edited by bruce24; 04-30-08 at 11:42 PM.
    04-29-08 10:53 PM
    Too bad it's not listed in the Verizon accessory story yet.
    05-09-08 05:38 AM
    I just ordered mine from Amazon for $16.84! they just went on sale...screaming deal!
    05-10-08 07:15 PM
    I just received my pod and I really like it. It looka great on mt desk between the 2 flat panels, and keeps my bb topped off....
    Last edited by Evalast AV; 05-14-08 at 03:55 PM.
    05-13-08 10:58 AM
    Looks really cool, wouldn't mind to have on for my curve..

Later
    05-14-08 05:12 PM
    For those of you asking, Seidio makes a docking pod for skinned Curves (CHARGING CRADLE FOR 8300 CURVE - BD2-CRDSITFBB8300-BK)

They also make one that has a USB connection (SEIDIO'S RIM BLACKBERRY USB DESKTOP CRADLE - *BD2-CRDSIBBX1-BK)

Hope this helps!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-15-08 02:31 AM
    I received my Pod today at my office, love it. Thinking of building one of these into my Home Theatre Chair at home ( I know I'm sick lol ) but I need the exact dimension of the length of bottom part of the pod, ie the longest part of the Pod which sits on the desk. Can one of you nice folks give me an exact measurement if you have one at home ? Thanks
    05-16-08 09:26 PM
    It really sucks that it can't be used with the skin on... seems it would be a big pain to have to take it off and put it back on every time.
    05-16-08 10:02 PM
    I just ordered mine from Amazon for $16.84! they just went on sale...screaming deal!
    Thanks, great deal!
    05-16-08 10:11 PM
    I got 2 pods for my curve. 1 at home and the other at work.....

another guy posted in another forum, you notice the BB light blinks when data is active....
    05-16-08 10:13 PM
    Hey yester, would u be nice enough to answer my post a few above yours since u have ur Pod at home ? Many thanks
    05-16-08 10:29 PM
    I will get you spec's in the morning.... Cool?
    05-16-08 10:30 PM
    perfect, thanks much !!!!!
    05-16-08 10:31 PM
    Hey bro I am at work till 9. I will do it later tonight for ya... Just letting you know I have not forgot...
    05-17-08 03:48 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD