View Poll Results: Which do you prefer...StormSlider or PatternLock?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • PatternLock

31 56.36%
  • StormSlider

24 43.64%
    I have read alot of reviews and i need help deciding........so should i get Storm slider or Pattern Lock?
    05-05-09 09:32 PM
    most people use slider I think. I'd recomend that since it takes very little thought and is consistent.
    05-05-09 09:36 PM
    i personally like stormslider (hence all the troubleshooting i do w the app, haha) but i have and use both...
    for me, it's double password security
    05-05-09 09:38 PM
    i personally like stormslider (hence all the troubleshooting i do w the app, haha) but i have and use both...
    for me, it's double password security
    both.
    10char
    05-05-09 09:39 PM
    Patternlock has worked better and more consistently for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 09:40 PM
    I never used pattern unlock, but storm slider is very smooth, would love if DMG would lock it in portrait though, cuz landscape to portrait is slow.
    You should make this a poll.

PatternLock for SURE.
    I'd recomend that since it takes very little thought
    ........hmmm. Not sure how to take that one!
    05-05-09 09:41 PM
    Do you need a lock that's different than the one that comes on the phone? Use StormSlider. Do you need extra security to guard your phone in addition to the built in password? Use PatternLock.
    They both come from great developers, so they both could end up being worth your money depending on what you need.
    I haven't used StormSlider, but the different options that you can do with pattern lock is pretty nuts. I bought it a while ago just thinking it was a neat way to lock my phone and now there's GPS functionality with it as well as the ability to lock the screen in only portrait mode and have it stay there. As well as have different backgrounds whether its in portrait of in landscape. There's a whole lot of customizable options that I think makes it a great app.

But yea this might've been better as a poll for the OP.
    05-05-09 09:51 PM
    Get a lot more from patternlock than you do with storm slider.
    Patternlock has tons of options and let's the user customize the settings , ie color etcetc.
    Like said earlier, PL now has gps that will not lock in certain areas if set up.
    Bang for your buck, beautiful, easy, secure and fun. Got to say patternlock.

These are paid actors and have been sponsored by patternlock...

No.. But really! PatternLock!

05-05-09 09:56 PM
    Patternlock has tons of options and let's the user customize the settings , ie color etcetc.
    Like said earlier, PL now has gps that will not lock in certain areas if set up.

What he said!
    05-05-09 09:57 PM
    Do you need a lock that's different than the one that comes on the phone?

My question exactly. I've used Storm Slider and thought it was cool but other than that the built in lock works just fine for me.
    05-05-09 10:17 PM
    My question exactly. I've used Storm Slider and thought it was cool but other than that the built in lock works just fine for me.
    It's all preference. I like PatternLock because of the add security feature. The default lock was just okay...but PatternLock and StormSlider take it a step further. Both are great and that's why I use both.
    05-05-09 11:39 PM
    Unless you have need to have your phone password or pattern protected, I would use Storm Slider. Works great, clean and free. I'm even thinking of getting the pay version (assuming there is one since the one installed is listed as free version) or donate, whichever is applicable.
    05-06-09 01:08 AM
    You should get both because they are both equally awesome apps. I use pattern lock with the actual lock button and let storm slider activate 2 minutes after the screen dims. Works out pretty good.
    05-06-09 03:28 AM
    Patternlock user here. Incredible app!!
    05-06-09 03:30 AM
    Wow.... the poll portion of this thread is looking to be pretty useless for the OP.... nothing like a dead tie to answer the question "which should I get?"

:-p
    05-06-09 06:18 AM
    So you have to push the screen in when using patternlock?
    05-06-09 08:16 AM
    I recently purchased stormslider. I was initially mislead by some poster here who claimed stormslider does not lock the phone during a call. It does. (btw what nitwit sanctioned releasing the storm without this feature ? I could not make a call reliably until using stormlock/stormslider as I kept hitting the mute or speaker button with my ear/cheek).

I did have some glitches with stormslider but prompt support from the author pointing me to here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/st...4/#post2367413

soon had me up and running. I still am not quite sure about the claim of being able to lock using storm slider from the lock button. Doesn't work here.

But in general a must have application.

I find it ridiculous that RIM did not include it or something like it as part of the base product. Frankly I think their QA and design generally sucks big time for the Storm and they have done their reputation a pile of harm releasing it when it was not ready.
    05-06-09 08:22 AM
    I've become quit a fan of storm slider. Even the code unlock interface is nice. Comes in very handy. And it simply blends in with the storm's looks. Man I sound like a commercial..lol
    05-06-09 08:49 AM
    I've used both, and I must say, for me, Pattern Lock is it!!!
    05-06-09 09:05 AM

I couldnt say it any better - PL!!!!!
    05-06-09 08:01 PM
    i use both, hence my sig (double password security) haha
    05-06-09 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD