Quick questions, do I wait for the 8900 to drop with AT&T or should I just go with TMobile? I just came back to blackberry from my iPhone, still use it for other stuff, but need a BB for work?
    05-05-09 04:48 PM
    I doubt there will be any significant changes with the ATT version. However, you need to decide on coverage area, cost (your company may take care of it) and any other carrier differences that interest you. I doubt the bb will be very different.
    05-05-09 04:52 PM
    T-Mobile is cheaper.
    05-05-09 05:09 PM
    If your coverage with AT&T is good and you like it, then just wait for the Javelin.

If you decide you can't wait, do your research and make sure T-Mobile has good coverage in your area before you make the switch.
    05-05-09 05:09 PM
    One mo-time; T-Mobile!
    05-05-09 05:57 PM
    I wouldn't use AT&T if the phone AND service was free..... But I guess if u have a lot of money to throw away, ATT might work out 4 ya

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:05 PM
    T-Mobile FTW! Def. go with T-Mo! No question about it!
    Last edited by branden3112; 05-05-09 at 06:38 PM.
    05-05-09 06:36 PM
    go to t-MO-ney instead of at-t -ack.
    05-05-09 06:39 PM
    you need to decide on coverage area

This is your #1 priority!

If coverage is relatively equal where you use your phone, then T-Mobile will probably be a better option for a couple reasons.

1. Prices are generally lower, for both voice and data.

2. T-Mo supports UMA calling (calls made over Wifi for greater flexibility)
    05-05-09 06:42 PM
    Yup just make sure you have coverage where you go and go with tmobile. Stay away from the flex plan or whatever they call it because the CS is overseas and sux. Normal tmo plan subscribers get excellent service.
    05-05-09 06:44 PM
    T-Mobile would be the best way to go. Cheap plans, and add-ons, also, UMA feature, and best customer service...
    05-05-09 06:52 PM
    Depends on where you live. T-Mobile doesn't have as good coverage in my area so for me it's worth it to pay more for AT&T and be able to use my mobile everywhere.
    05-05-09 07:00 PM
    This is your #1 priority!

If coverage is relatively equal where you use your phone, then T-Mobile will probably be a better option for a couple reasons.

1. Prices are generally lower, for both voice and data.

2. T-Mo supports UMA calling (calls made over Wifi for greater flexibility)
    The above is absolutely the best advice for you here. The #1 issue is coverage. If T-mobile does not have coverage in your area, specifically at your house and surrounding areas around your house, then it is just not worth it. That is the problem I have and the only reason I do not have coverage currently with T-mobile. I do realize that you can do UMA calling at home but also realize that if the coverage is bad around your house then if you begin a call over UMA and then need to leave your house then you will drop the call once you get out of WiFi range, just keep this in mind.

If you have good coverage in your area by both carriers then the hands down winner on the 8900 is T-moible. AT&T does not have UMA at all so you will lose out on that feature completely with AT&T. Also as indicated previously, the prices are much better with T-mobile for the same (if not better) services.
    05-05-09 07:13 PM
    remember that the 8900 for tmobile has uma support so if you have a lot of wifi coverage at home or work, you might be better getting it from tmobile also i had the iphone 3g on att and i got so many dropped calls it was ridiculous with my 8900 i havet had one
    05-05-09 07:24 PM
    I wouldn't use AT&T if the phone AND service was free..... But I guess if u have a lot of money to throw away, ATT might work out 4 ya

thats another thig, when i had att my bill was always like 30 dollars more than it should be
    05-05-09 07:26 PM
    I say it depends on the coverage like everyone else. I have Tmo and I have wireless in my house and still have problems with using wi-fi in the house and no one can explain. Even if I'm in the room with the router I still can barely get wi-fi. And I drop calls all the time when I'm at home. If it wasn't for the $149 unlimited family plan I have I wouldn't have it at all. If AT&T ever goes down on prices even a little I will be switching over.

Oh, Tmo's Customer Service is great when they can figure out how to fix the problem. I have little patience so that's why I'm complaining a little.
    05-05-09 07:45 PM
    The above is absolutely the best advice for you here. The #1 issue is coverage. If T-mobile does not have coverage in your area, specifically at your house and surrounding areas around your house, then it is just not worth it. That is the problem I have and the only reason I do not have coverage currently with T-mobile. I do realize that you can do UMA calling at home but also realize that if the coverage is bad around your house then if you begin a call over UMA and then need to leave your house then you will drop the call once you get out of WiFi range, just keep this in mind.

If you have good coverage in your area by both carriers then the hands down winner on the 8900 is T-moible. AT&T does not have UMA at all so you will lose out on that feature completely with AT&T. Also as indicated previously, the prices are much better with T-mobile for the same (if not better) services.
    Then again, if u don't get tmo signal @ ur house u can add hotspot @ home, and its like having ur own personal cellphone tower in ur house(as long as u have internet)

05-05-09 08:05 PM
    All about coverage coverage coverage. See which one has better coverage in your area n decide. What's worse than gettin an awesome BB if u can't use it

05-05-09 08:33 PM
    T-Mobile by far
    05-05-09 08:35 PM
    Depends where you live but I read that a few months ago AT&T took down quite a few edge towers or something. Might affect the data speed.
    05-05-09 10:20 PM
    +1 for deciding by coverage where you use your phone the most. If its equal, hands down tmob.

Ive been on T Mobile for almost 2 years now, coming from att and its much, much better, especially when it comes to customer service.

On the other hand, if you decide to go with ATT, why not go for a 3G BB like the Bold?
    05-05-09 10:44 PM
    I am going to go with T-mobile for 2 reasons:

1. I live in Chicago and we have wifi everywhere and I mean frinkng everywhere which is great.

2. I still have my iPhone and still plan on using that, plus as I found out yesterday T-Mobile offers Blackberry with only data packages for $40.00 and since my company is giving my $50 per month, then I am set.

I will use my iPhone for day to day stuff, like tweeter, facebook, etc and stickly use my 8900 for work related email and plus I can tether it to my laptop (I think?), but anyway that should be cool, since I really don't want two cell numbers.

Thanks for all the advice
    05-06-09 06:27 AM
    Here is my 2 cents... and that might be all it worth, but here goes anyways:

If both cell phone providers are equal, meaning they both have good services in your area... sometimes one just works better than the other and that is the one that you should ultimately choose if you don't want to gripe about that later... but if they are both equal, I choose T-Mobile... personally I prefer to keep a little more of my own hard earned cash in my own bank account rather than give it to AT&T.
    05-06-09 06:57 AM
    T-Mobile is great, if the coverage in your area is good, It is worth giving it a try , if you don't like it you have 14 days to terminate the line!!
    05-06-09 07:04 AM
    Like everyone else said, decide by coverage and go from there
    05-06-09 10:36 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD