Hello, just a simple question. I own a verizon branded Blackberry Storm, which is unlocked. Will this phone work for Telus Mobility?
    05-05-09 12:36 PM
    I'm not sure but I think Telus is CDMA. If so it won't work.
    05-05-09 12:38 PM
    doesn't telus have this phone available though? which you can get unlocked and use for rogers/fido etc. So why wouldn't it work in reverse?
    05-05-09 01:09 PM
    Because if Telus is CDMA you can't unlock phones to work. They only work like that if they're GSM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 01:12 PM
    not trying to carry this on, but in the options, mobile network you can select Global, 1XEV and GSM/UMTS for network technology on my phone, if I'm not mistaking doesn't telus use 1xev..? so in theory shouldn't it work if it's registered with telus..?
    05-05-09 01:22 PM
    It has nothing to do with unlocking. Unlocking is for GSM. CDMA is different. You wouldn't need to unlock it to work on telus you woudl need to get them to add the ESN to their systems.
    05-05-09 02:00 PM
    Robrowald is absolutely right.

CDMA involves the phone company having to set your phone up.

GSM (using a SIM card) does not require anything from the phone company's part.

If you have an unlocked phone, you can use any SIM card for GSM use.

With an unlocked phone, it will work with CDMA, however, you need to have the phone company set up your phone.

I think you need to go in and have them do it on your phone physically (CDMA) if i'm not mistaken....
    05-05-09 02:03 PM
    Telus Mobility has a strict policy of not activating phones not from their network.. The same thing with Bell Mobility. You'll need a new phone if you want to use their network. However, a unlocked Storm will work fine on Rogers or Fido.
    Last edited by theONLYallan; 08-12-09 at 06:35 PM.
    08-12-09 01:21 PM
    You could use an unlocked Storm on Rogers.
    08-12-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD