I've been experiencing problems with my Bold as far as the memory leak goes. I will start out with the max my phone has & within an hour of it just sitting idlly it will drain down to nearly half. I'm not running anymore apps than usual, (facebook, twitterberry, & myspace) & i'm not really using them. I close out all apps when i am finished & put the phone on standby. I'm concerned that this is my phone that is having the issue and not just the opperating system. I don't believe that i have the latest opertating system installed, but if it helps to install it i will be more than happy to.
    I'm incredibly sick of my memory sinking below 12 when it should be running at about a 34. That's a huge difference.
    If anyone has any suggestions or fixes please, i need your help.
    05-05-09 08:38 AM
    facebook app is a known memory leaker! But i believe that if it is configured properly (not to run in the background), it will not leak memory...

The latest official release is 4.6.0.266 and you can find the link as a STICKY at the top of the bold forum. You will notice significant improvements in battery life and memory management in these latest releases.

Checkout How to install / upgrade your operating system
    Last edited by ST79; 05-05-09 at 08:48 AM.
    05-05-09 08:44 AM
    Try downloading OS version 4.6.0.266. I ALWAYS have a solid 40-50mb of free memory all day with using facebook, weatherbug, googletalk. I also have google maps, aim, youmail, bbappworld installed as well. It only drops below 40 when i load memory intensive stuff like photos or video. And no bugs!

I had .234 and then .247 but this is the best i've ever had. The OS also speeds up the interface in every way by a lot! Highly recommend using it.
    05-05-09 08:45 AM
    Thank you for all of the help!
    I appreciate it greatly!
    05-05-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD