does anybody have any ideas as to when the next software update for the storm is going to be released? i've been checking crackberry every single day for more than 2 months now and it is nowhere in sight...I'm getting so impatient!

seriously we keep getting false alarms: "within the next two weeks" (posted on April 14), "april 30th", "may 1st"...blah blah blah. im sick of all these fake dates, everybody is hearing different stuff from whoever they think is reliable and it appears to all be LIES!

verizon needs to jump on the bandwagon and start releasing the update, just like all the other guys!

i'm almost sad the april fool's storm discontinuation blog wasn't a reality...

i'd love a recall on this piece of s***!!!!
    05-04-09 09:30 PM
    nobody knows...its like a joke now. We hope by the end of Summer ...i guess
    05-04-09 09:32 PM
    Wrong Forum. This is the trendy one to be posting in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/
    05-04-09 09:33 PM
    Its called a 'Search' button. Find it, use it, live it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 09:35 PM
    JFC, I'd hate to be a mod here...
    05-04-09 09:50 PM
    What exactly are you waiting for? Im on .114/hybrid and things are pretty quick and stable. I think that if you are still on .75 you should upgrade, and if you have already upgraded to one of the stable leaks, an official VW release wont be much of an upgrade for you.

Trust me, if and when an official upgrade is released, people will still complain, and the waiting will begin for the next release that will 'fix everything'
    05-04-09 10:16 PM
    If you've been checking every day then you would've seen 1,000+ other posts asking the same thing.

No one knows, not even VZW at this point...
    05-05-09 06:11 AM
    If you frequent crackberry that much there's really no reason why you shouldn't have updated to one of the latest leaks unless you are a bes user.

05-05-09 06:17 AM
    If you frequent crackberry that much there's really no reason why you shouldn't have updated to one of the latest leaks unless you are a bes user.

Only if you're a BES user and your BES Admin has locked down device updates The rest of us BES users have been updating merrily
    05-05-09 06:32 AM
    And if you're a BES admin like me then you do what you like
    05-05-09 06:35 AM
    does anybody have any ideas as to when the next software update for the storm is going to be released? i've been checking crackberry every single day for more than 2 months now and it is nowhere in sight...I'm getting so impatient!

seriously we keep getting false alarms: "within the next two weeks" (posted on April 14), "april 30th", "may 1st"...blah blah blah. im sick of all these fake dates, everybody is hearing different stuff from whoever they think is reliable and it appears to all be LIES!

verizon needs to jump on the bandwagon and start releasing the update, just like all the other guys!

Its best to search things before you post them.(use the forum search tool at the top of the page) For some reason people get uptight if they have to read the same thing more than once, even though by reading the subject they could have just skipped the thread. Blackberry has the .75 OS. There are sever leaked versions that have come out. Athough they are not official they have have worked wonders for the storm. I started out with .113 OS then put on .132 and i am currently running .141, I like .141 the best, give me faster browsing, better, less lag ect. Some think the radio on .132 is better than .141. Its your choice. They are both very stable. I think once you download one you will become an addict like the rest of us.
    Hope this helps
    GoodLuck!
    05-05-09 08:35 AM
    Octember the first.

05-05-09 09:01 AM
    Octember the first.
    |diot! Octember the first is a Saturday. No way Verizon would leak an OS on a weekend! Get your facts straight before posting.
    05-05-09 03:54 PM
    I just installed v4.7.0.172 on mine and my wife's yesterday and it is a noticeable improvement on speed, memory and even the camera speed.
    05-05-09 03:59 PM
    Hopefully it'll be one day soon can't hardly believe anyone at Verizon tech support some say soon and others act like they don't know what your saying to them! I'm already on my 5th storm and so far this one is brand new and still has bugs to where my phone lag's a little bit I'm sick of dealing with the phone and the tech support hardly helping some of them are quick on getting off the phone let alone trying to help you
    05-05-09 04:00 PM
    Well i'm with vodafone and I just, this minute, got a update is available for you BB device via email? Can't do it via OTA though? Haven't got time now to check it out via DM.

Anyone else had this?
    05-05-09 04:03 PM

Not a clue. If you aren't in the know, VzW is slow when it comes to software and device updates (cause supposedly their test program is rigorous and lengthy).

05-05-09 04:10 PM
    thanks everybody for your input. i guess for now we'll have to just ride out the storm...

literally
    05-05-09 10:44 PM
    [i hope you question is you just be sarcastic. if 1 person had the official status of the OS you would DEFINITLY know. you should forward this post to verizon, and rim, because now that you started this thread, its only going to have more posts making up bull**** stories of when its coming, or people posting that they "talked to their local verizon store and they told them when.

MODERATORS, based on the number of people who post different questions, answers, or whatever it may be, these posts just take up more space in the forums.....this needs to be stopped!!!!!!!!!!

please. thats what moderators do. this is so stupid, and the question is just ignorant.

THE SECOND ITS RELEASED, EVERYBODY WITH A STORM ON VERIZON WILL KNOW RIGHT AWAY.

QUOTE=ZachSpeed1;2472148]does anybody have any ideas as to when the next software update for the storm is going to be released? i've been checking crackberry every single day for more than 2 months now and it is nowhere in sight...I'm getting so impatient!

i'd love a recall on this piece of s***!!!![/QUOTE]
    05-05-09 11:03 PM
    I hope the mod's dont stop these posts, I find them amusing. Somebody shares special inside info, then a bunch of people assume that they know something because they either claim to work for RIM or VW, or have a brother that does or ........ It cracks me up how so many posters sound like they they have some top secret info, and how many readers actually believe these guys (even though they are wrong about every possible release).

I was kidding months ago when I guessed for a mid summer OS upgrade, now that seems optomistic!

So please dont close these threads, it is interesting reading while we wait and wait and wait for an official update.
    05-05-09 11:50 PM
    Okay, here's what's up

.141 finishes testing tomorrow. Its leaning towards fail. I'd it passes we'll see it as soon as Friday. I'd its not out by thurs next week you prolly won't see it as official.

And 5.0 is right behind but nobody knows what build or if ota even quality.

05-06-09 12:05 AM
    patches, I crack up everytime I see your avatar... lol!
    05-06-09 12:12 AM
    as i've been a ninja for quite some time, it just became fitting once my info was deemed "legit" by the CB kids....hence "ask a ninja"

btw there is a youtube "show" that goes by the same name...its almost as good as mythbusters!
    05-06-09 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD