I just returned from BestBuy and bought the Jawbone 3rd generation (JBT03) bluetooth earpiece.

It is claimed that to all that it before, and even better (lol). I will post some results as I test it with the storm.

From what I've read about the previous models, people complained about how it fit on the ear, that it dangled.

This newest model has the earloop but also fits in the ear via the provided (sm / med / lrg) earbuds to keep it snug in the ear which makes the earloop, an option to use.

Meanwhile, if anyone else has this device and have been using it already, I'd be interested in reading your experience with it.
    05-04-09 03:56 PM
    Does it look/fit like the previous model?

Currently in the market for a new BT to replace my venerable but old Z9(flashed w/ Z9i firmware).
    Last edited by cmorty72; 05-04-09 at 04:33 PM.
    05-04-09 04:31 PM
    I would be interested in hearing how it works, but I am using an old bt150 and it works great, although sometimes does feel loose, but never had it drop or fall off.
    05-04-09 05:18 PM
    Didn't know there is JB3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:07 PM
    The Jawbone 3 is also known as the Jawbone Prime. It has bluetooth 2.1 support and comes in a couple of different colors now. It is also suppose to have better noise cancellation algorithms. I personally used both the Jawbone and the Jawbone 2 and loved both devices. I am sure the Jawbone Prime will be no different.

Jawbone 3 -- Engadget
    05-04-09 06:59 PM
    I always had an issue with the Jawbone1 and 2 using the Voice dialing mode. . After several calls it would lockup the Storm. Called Jawbone and was told that it was an issue with the device and the Storm. Has this been corrected?
    05-04-09 07:46 PM
    If you have a jawbone, DO THIS...

Custom Molded Earpieces from AverySound.com
    05-04-09 09:06 PM
    If you have a jawbone, DO THIS...

Custom Molded Earpieces from AverySound.com
    XX- Is it worth the 70 bucks for this? I have a jawbone v1 and it works great, but not sure if want to fork over the money for a custom job...
    05-04-09 09:48 PM
    XX- Is it worth the 70 bucks for this? I have a jawbone v1 and it works great, but not sure if want to fork over the money for a custom job...
    I have it for the V1 and it is all that....

Once in, I can't shake it out of my head...
    05-04-09 10:24 PM
    Update1:

After the initial full charge, which took around 30 mins, I was able to pair it quickly. In the past, with other BT headsets, I've put them in the "pairing" mode and the blackberry found them automatically with BT already turned on the phone. With Jawbone3, I had to manually tell the Storm to 'add a device'. No big deal but thought to point it out.

I held conversations with three different people. The reaction/feedback from the other end was very positive. All said I sounded very clear. While driving at 40mph, with the window rolled down, no wind noise was detected at the other end. I repeatedly asked if they could hear ANY wind noise, I was told by all three a firm NO.

Traveling freeway speeds (70+mph) with the driver window rolled down, I was told they could hear 'some' wind noise but they ALSO heard me clearly. In normal situations, I would typically take the call with the driver side window rolled up. I just wanted to test how bad of a wind noise can be heard, if I had it rolled down all the way. I was glad to hear positive feedback.

All in all, I'm very happy with the performance. Sorry, I've not owned any previous models of Jawbone so I have no comparison feedback. I do have the tiny Jabra JX-10 Series II, and this product appears to be a far superior to the Jabra.

The only downside I see so far, is the ear loop. The end that gets inserted in a tiny hole at the end of the jawbone, that part of plastic on the earloop is fairly thin. I can see that breaking if not taking care in handling the jawbone. "Supposedly" the earloop is optional to use. For me, I found it to be a requirement as none of the provided 'gels' fit well enough to support the jawbone3 on its own - without the earloop. I'm going to play with this a bit more in the next few days - just to rule out improper installation on my part.

I have taken some pics of the product, its packaging etc etc.. but don't know how to go about posting them. I'm assuming I'll have to host them somewhere else and post a link or something. (sorry, still a noob at this) If an expert here can give some tips. I'll get the pics and a link posted quickly.

Since I wasn't able to post any pics yet. I'll point a couple of positive things about the hardware. The charger and cable provided by Jawbone3 is similar to the iPod charger/cord configuration. The AC prongs are foldable for easy travel. The end that connects into the AC plug, it is a USB connector so if you travel with just the cable, one end is plugged onto the Jawbone3, the other end can be plugged into any USB port. This, in my opinion is very convenient.

Referencing the question above: No, I haven't tried voice dialing as of yet with this unit but plan to test that out in the next few days.

I'll continue to add additional updates throughout this week as I test more.
    Last edited by gadgetzilla; 05-05-09 at 02:47 AM.
    05-05-09 02:43 AM
    i bought a jawbone 2 and found that no matter which of the ear pieces that i tried i could never find one that was comfortable for long uses, and by long i mean more than 2 minutes. the other thing i never found a ear hook (can't remember what they called them) that would actually keep the thing in place in my ear. i wound up taking it back within hours of buying it. how does this one attach to your ear as compared to the jawbone 2?
    05-05-09 05:53 AM

I agree with xxfire. It is definetly worth the $70. The fit is so perfect that it is never in danger of falling out. Also, the sound clarity and noise isolation makes it so that I have to usually keep the volume on the lowest possible setting!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 06:39 AM
    Cheaper than a custom molded insert is what i ended up doing. I have the ear gel insert thing from a Jabra which is a little elongated - goes in the ear. this helps anchor the Jawbone just enough to keep it in for long conversations
    05-05-09 08:42 AM
    I feel bad for the people I see walking around with a Bluetooth that isn't a Jawbone. I have become so used to mine that I have to use it when I play PS3 instead of the Moto H700 I used to use. There is simply nothing better and I am sure JB3 is no different.
    05-05-09 08:57 AM
    I always had an issue with the Jawbone1 and 2 using the Voice dialing mode. . After several calls it would lockup the Storm. Called Jawbone and was told that it was an issue with the device and the Storm. Has this been corrected?
    I truly belive this is a Storm issue rather than Jawbone issue as I have experienced this with Jawbone 2, Plantronics Discovery 925, Jabra 530 and Motorola H710. I think it is something for RIM to correct on the Storm. Have posted on this forum about this in the past.
    05-05-09 09:09 AM
    I feel bad for the people I see walking around with a Bluetooth that isn't a Jawbone. I have become so used to mine that I have to use it when I play PS3 instead of the Moto H700 I used to use. There is simply nothing better and I am sure JB3 is no different.
    I tried the Jawbone 2 on 2 occasions. Also tried the new earbuds. I never got a good fit. It always seemed like I would loose it or it would not properly rest against my face. I got the Plantronics Discovery 925. Sound quality is excellent on both ends and it stays compfortably in my ear with the large size plastic ear buds that they supply no matter how hard I shake my head. Why can't Jawbone just use the "same" plastic earbuds. The "improved" rubber ones did not have enough grip to stay in my ear.
    05-05-09 09:19 AM
    I still have the original Jawbone with the Jabra ear gels. Been using it for 2 years.

If the Jawbone doesn't fit your facial contour, it will not work well for you. The nub has to rest on your cheekbone. I found that if I did not trim my sideburns, it would interfere with the JB.

The Jawbone Prime has additional voice sensing circuitry that will kick in if the sensor nub lifts off your face during use.
    05-05-09 09:54 AM
    I got the V1 before it hit the streets. Won it at CTIA at the Tessco booth. Its a little worn down but around the corners but still works great.
    05-05-09 11:05 AM

Screw it. I will let you know how the custom fit job goes
    05-05-09 09:41 PM
    Just got my Storm at the end of May and got the Jawbone Prime because I couldn't locate the original Jawbone I had.

Found the original Jawbone recently and I noticed that the prime requires a manual connection each time I want to use it and it doesn't always connect immediately. When I turn on the original Jawbone, the Storm picks it up right away. Is there any fix for this (Storm to Prime instant connection)?
    07-30-09 07:09 PM
    I am pleased to report that I have been using the PRIME with the Storm OS .148 and have not had the previous issues that I reported. I also use it without the earloop.

07-30-09 07:37 PM
    I had the first two versions of the Jawbone and didnt like either one of them for one reason or another. My GF has the second version and there's times when she comes in nice and clear than there's time when her voice sounds so muffled I cant understand a thing she's saying.
    07-30-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD