Dear Verizon,

We appreciate your superiority in the wireless communications industry. It must be awesome to be at the top and make all the peons suffer to no end. Your overseas competitors (as well as some on the same continent) saw it necessary to allow their customers to upgrade their Storms so that they are not finding new and innovative ways to sell their Storms and finaggle their way out of lengthy contracts. What is the hold up? Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if you just spoke up and told the truth. Instead, we are kept in the dark, left to ourselves, and coming up up with numerous rumors that hold no water. If you really are trying to wait it out for the latest and greatest OS so you lay claim to it, then at least inform us. Overall, the Storm is great, but perhaps RIM should have made a deal with a more willing company, that gives value to their customers. Instead, at this point, it seems RIM made a deal with the devil. Verizon, seek redemption, shed some light on the subject, take us out of the dark and remind us why we chose Verizon in the first place.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

SP
    05-04-09 02:23 PM
    05-04-09 02:28 PM
    LOL, I agree with a lot of what you said. I personally think Verizon is being too cautious when it comes to officially releasing the OS
    05-04-09 02:34 PM
    I agree with what you say but Verizon Wireless does'nt give a crap with what you have to say vent all you want.As long as they get my $180.00 a month and your payment they can care less.
    05-04-09 02:41 PM
    dammit people, if you want to whine and cry go here!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/
    05-04-09 02:54 PM
    Your $180, plus mine. Add to that the 1,000,000 other Verizon customers who bought Storms and you are talking $180,000,360 per month. I get it now. Throw that into a 24 month contract and Verizon makes 4.32 billion dollars from us peons. Just when we thought we were getting ahead, another corporation makes us look like the little pieces of feces we really are. They pride themselves on their great customer support, which I have actually experienced, however, after I purchased my Storm, I feel as though I am a second class Verizon customer. Call in to their support line and the second you mention Blackberry Storm, it is, "Oh, a Storm, let me transfer you." You think you are actually going to get some help, but what a friend at Verizon told me was they were actually transferring us straight to a dungeon staffed with con artists who were able to negotiate a cheaper 800 number rate with Verizon. He said all these con artists are in a dungeon because Verizon wishes to keep them in the dark as well. Sounds plausible, doesn't it?

SP
    05-04-09 02:56 PM
    We could always band together and send Verizon bags and bags of peanuts to the corporate offices... or perhaps something that would cause less problems if someone is allergic. How about a single toilet paper roll from each of us. It's safe, hygenic, and you get to TP Verizon in a legal way. They'll get the point.
    05-04-09 03:10 PM
    Boo hoo! I feel so bad for all of you! If I could, I would give you all a big hug!!
    05-04-09 03:17 PM
    We could always band together and send Verizon bags and bags of peanuts to the corporate offices... or perhaps something that would cause less problems if someone is allergic. How about a single toilet paper roll from each of us. It's safe, hygenic, and you get to TP Verizon in a legal way. They'll get the point.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    05-04-09 03:18 PM
    Has anyone seen my Violin? I misplaced it on another post and I can't find it. Just asking.
    05-04-09 03:24 PM
    We'll send them the toilet paper because they've been **** on us so badly, and they need to get their act together and clean up their mess
    05-04-09 03:30 PM
    I said it before...

If people really really really want to get VZ's attention, organize a call-in. Arrange to have a bunch of people dial 611 at a specific time everyday for a week and simply say "Please update the Storm"

At about 10k incoming calls at the same time, their phone support system would become overloaded. The danger is that it could be perceived as a DoS attack
    05-04-09 03:32 PM
    The Storm is a disaster, I would not be surprised if the "Storm 2" has a different name.
    Maybe RIM should create a new line: Jankberry Storm
    05-04-09 03:36 PM
    The Storm is a disaster, I would not be surprised if the "Storm 2" has a different name.
    Maybe RIM should create a new line: Jankberry Storm
    Thought you got an iPhone?

Or do you have to wait for your economic stimulus check before you can splurge?
    05-04-09 03:42 PM
    Why is it every so often people come along and post this kind of drivel? I mean, we go a month or so and it's nice and peaceful, then all of a sudden it's like someone somewhere kicks over a rock and out comes all the crazies.
    05-04-09 03:49 PM
    Has anyone seen my Violin? I misplaced it on another post and I can't find it. Just asking.
    Hahahahaha. That's hilarious!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 03:56 PM
    I agree with what you say but Verizon Wireless does'nt give a crap with what you have to say vent all you want.As long as they get my $180.00 a month and your payment they can care less.
    That's the inconvenient truth. Rim stock (ticker RIMM) has shot up over 50% in a time where many equities are tanking. They think they are doing everything "right". What 5 or 6 complainers say in a third party forum won't get through their front door, let alone the CEO boardroom.

That's how I also know that the storms haven't been "returned in droves" and "there is a 100% return rate on the storm", etc..... And even if it WERE true their overall bottom line tells me they wouldn't care.

Hey, I sympathize with those who are upset....but what can you do but sell the storm, drop verizon and get another phone?

05-04-09 04:13 PM
    That's the inconvenient truth. Rim stock (ticker RIMM) has shot up over 50% in a time where many equities are tanking. They think they are doing everything "right". What 5 or 6 complainers say in a third party forum won't get through their front door, let alone the CEO boardroom.

That's how I also know that the storms haven't been "returned in droves" and "there is a 100% return rate on the storm", etc..... And even if it WERE true their overall bottom line tells me they wouldn't care.

Hey, I sympathize with those who are upset....but what can you do but sell the storm, drop verizon and get another phone?

Make these issues as public as possible. Tech News organizations is the next step.
    05-04-09 04:28 PM
    Guys - VZW is obviously waiting for the Tour to launch before they issue an update for the Storm so half of you buy the Tour too
    05-04-09 04:36 PM
    That's exactly what I did, and I got VZW to waive my early termination fee!
    05-04-09 04:44 PM
    That's exactly what I did, and I got VZW to waive my early termination fee!
    My point exactly... That is the only option a person has that means anything or will help a person with a big beef.

05-04-09 05:19 PM
    if you're so unhappy just jump ship, get a different phone. i personally agree with their testing process due to security issues that don't impact me but impact people i know.

with that being said, it is a super slow process, i agree. however it can't really be any other way without changing their role and responsibilities in the testing process.

some day they will streamline the process and we'll get OS versions a week or two after they get sent from RIM. however, the time between builds won't change unless they start developing superior software versions. the only reason we haven't gotten anything yet is because there is nothing worth getting. every single OS build being sent has SUCKED ASSSSSSS!!!!! would you rather have 5 crappy versions or one good one?
    05-04-09 05:58 PM
    Freakin' classic.

I love this ****.
    05-04-09 06:05 PM
    if you're so unhappy just jump ship, get a different phone. i personally agree with their testing process due to security issues that don't impact me but impact people i know.

with that being said, it is a super slow process, i agree. however it can't really be any other way without changing their role and responsibilities in the testing process.

some day they will streamline the process and we'll get OS versions a week or two after they get sent from RIM. however, the time between builds won't change unless they start developing superior software versions. the only reason we haven't gotten anything yet is because there is nothing worth getting. every single OS build being sent has SUCKED ASSSSSSS!!!!! would you rather have 5 crappy versions or one good one?
    5 crappy versions purely for mollification purposes.

VZ / RIM should release an OS a day. That'll keep people too busy upgrading to whine here
    05-04-09 06:06 PM
    that sounds like some sort of contest,
    "OS-a-day"!

load every OS, run for a 24 hour period, and return a list of found bugs, whoever finds the most wins a brand new BLACKBERRY STORM (comes pre-loaded with .65)!
    05-04-09 06:51 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD