In the last 3 days, this has happened to my bold 3 times..
    when trying to open the messenger, i get the following error:

uncaught exception:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

After i hit OK, I can't open the messenger from the "messages" menu (where all my texts/emails/bbms go). I can open existing conversations that appear in the messages screen, but I can't start a new one by going to Menu->Instant Messaging. Now, i can go back to Apps>BBM and open it and use it just fine, but then my messages screen shows every convo twice (once for the 'crashed' bbm, and one for the newly opened one).
    Doing a battery pull solves this, but I really don't want to do that every single day..

Any ideas?

I'm running the default o/s that came with it (v 4.6.0.167 platform 4.0.0.157)
    Last edited by playtothebeat; 05-04-09 at 12:41 PM.
    05-04-09 12:38 PM
    In the last 3 days, this has happened to my bold 3 times..
    when trying to open the messenger, i get the following error:

uncaught exception:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

After i hit OK, I can't open the messenger from the "messages" menu (where all my texts/emails/bbms go). I can open existing conversations that appear in the messages screen, but I can't start a new one by going to Menu->Instant Messaging. Now, i can go back to Apps>BBM and open it and use it just fine, but then my messages screen shows every convo twice (once for the 'crashed' bbm, and one for the newly opened one).
    Doing a battery pull solves this, but I really don't want to do that every single day..

Any ideas?

I'm running the default o/s that came with it (v 4.6.0.167 platform 4.0.0.157)
    I was having a similar problem with new conversations (of the same) opening up. To tell you the truth it seemed to be a problem on RIM's end. It was a couple of months ago when they were making changes to their system in Waterloo. I haven't really had it since.

So since you're getting error messages it's possibly a software issue. Or, you might have way too many open conversations. About how many do you normally have open?
    05-04-09 12:56 PM
    i probably have like 10 convos open, but this has been the same for the past month, and the error rhas only come up in the last 3 days (and by the way, i did close a couple convos yesterday thinking it was an 'overload', only to get the error about an hour ago..)
    05-04-09 01:07 PM
    anyone else?
    05-04-09 03:32 PM
    yeah, my bb randomly crashes in the middle of bbm convos. really kind of annoying. how do i find out why my bb's crashing?
    05-02-10 02:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD