i get a new phone lets say everry 3 months or so? well i reallyy want a sidekick for the next phone i get. i knoww you blackberry lovers buttt does anyone have a sidekick? i think ill stay with my berry **** i really wanna know what sidekicks are like.

do sidekicks have sim cards? im hating my curve right now...everyone is bragging about the bb messenger but i cant get it to work!
    03-04-08 07:50 PM
    i had a sidekick, the service sucks, ended up getting rid of it really quick. it has cool features, but the BB services kill the sidekick, better email and web browsing on the BB. you can access AIm and all on either, but id say stick with the BB.
    03-04-08 07:52 PM
    i had a sidekick before my pearl and i can't even tell you how much better it is the pearl has way better features
    03-04-08 07:54 PM
    ohh ok cool. well i really love how the sidekick looks lol im kinda shallow with phones... any good apps? ive had my bb for 4 months? i just text and email whats color ball? ive neverr really looked into this stuff. i have downloaded themes they are cool!
    03-04-08 07:55 PM
    funny u bring this up. i have a brand new sidekick slide in the bottom drawer of my night stand with the stickers still on it. i look at it and the manual but i like my blackberry better.

i'm looking for a back up curve or 8800 series
    03-04-08 08:00 PM
    funny u bring this up. i have a brand new sidekick slide in the bottom drawer of my night stand with the stickers still on it. i look at it and the manual but i like my blackberry better.

i'm looking for a back up curve or 8800 series
    omg sell it or something! umm idd like one :hint hint:
    03-04-08 08:03 PM
    idk know. i might need a back incase.......

something happens to my bb and i have to wait for a new one.
    03-04-08 08:12 PM
    oohh aww ok
    03-04-08 08:16 PM
    i still own my sidekick lx i mean tgexting is fun with the lx and not alot of apps besides myspace there internet is ok with the g network decent id say.i just got my curve 2 days ago and i like it as well i change in between at times i have my sidekick days and now my curve days lol
    03-04-08 08:29 PM
    i still own my sidekick lx i mean tgexting is fun with the lx and not alot of apps besides myspace there internet is ok with the g network decent id say.i just got my curve 2 days ago and i like it as well i change in between at times i have my sidekick days and now my curve days lol
    lol i wanted to do that with the blackjack and the curve but i gave my sister the blackjack
    03-04-08 08:30 PM
    i have had all the sidekicks since the sk2 including the i.d. but now that i have a curve i wouldn't tell my worste enemy to get a sidekick. coming from the sidekick to the curve was probably one of the best decisions i ever made..haha it was that serious
    03-04-08 08:55 PM
    i get a new phone lets say everry 3 months or so?
    You must be rich or something.......btw if you decide you don't want your Curve, can I please have it? So I can sell it on eBay for some money to spend on my spring break 08 baby baby!...
    03-04-08 09:15 PM
    Umm... What's a sidekick? I guess I'n just to into BB's to know what a sidekick is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 09:31 PM
    I came from a sidekick 3 to a pearl and the pearl blows it away! I even sold the sidekick to get the 8700 for a backup.
    P.s. The screen resolution sucks compared to any blackberry

03-04-08 10:30 PM
    went from, a side kick 2,to the side kick 3,to the tmobile dash,to the tmobile wing.to the pearl,now i own the bb curve and i will never go back...i love my curve
    03-04-08 10:46 PM
    Sidekick doesn't even come close to the Curve!! I think of a Sidekick as more of a teenagers play toy, and the Curve as an adults productivity tool.
    03-04-08 10:50 PM
    Well I have had experiences with the sidekick 2 and they are cool the way they swivel and all but mah cousin has a sidekick lx and she say the OS is very strict so say good bye to feedom! "once u go BLACKberry u don't go back"

03-05-08 11:15 AM
    ive had a sidekick since it came out. still do. lol its addicting i cant lie. just get both if you can if not. the blackberry curve is still overall better to me. get jivetalk. and bbmessenger is easy to set up.
    03-05-08 11:17 AM
    Sidekick doesn't even come close to the Curve!! I think of a Sidekick as more of a teenagers play toy, and the Curve as an adults productivity tool.
    This is a stereotype promoted by marketing, nothing more. There is a pretty large overlap between the capabilities of the Sidekick and the Curve. I had Sidekicks from the first B&W model to the LX, and only recently switched to the Curve. I'm 54, btw, not a teenager.

The strengths of the SK are:

1. Ease of use. The SK's user interface is well thought out, logical, efficient. The BB interface feels kludgy in comparison. There are lots of examples, such as configurable home screen hot keys on the SK; just type when in the browser to go to a page or search; ability to select multiple photos at once for attaching to emails (or for deletion); etc.

2. Multi-tasking. Although the BB/Curve OS also multi-tasks, the SK does it better. The Curve can get seriously laggy if you try to load a large web page while playing music while in an IM conversation, etc. This is probably because the Curve is a bit underpowered. The SK has 64 MB of RAM plus another 64 MB of reserved flash, so it can swap things in and out more efficiently. If you jump around a lot and keep a lot of things running, you'll notice the difference.

3. IM client. The native IM client on the SK is famously good. This isn't as big a deal as it used to be, now that JiveTalk is available for the BB, but you have to buy JiveTalk; it's not part of your basic bundle.

4. Cost. T-mobile's SK data plan includes unlimited data and unlimited texting. The unlimited texting would otherwise cost $15. So if you add that to a T-mobile Blackberry data plan it comes to $35, plus your regular call minutes. I realize that there are people here who don't care about money and keep multiple phones and plans so they can switch back and forth on a whim, but for at least some people, cost is a factor.

5. Keyboard. The keyboard on the SK is the best in the industry. It's roomy and has dedicated number keys, and is a pleasure to use. Of course, in order to have that spacious keyboard, the device itself has to be larger than the Curve, and the keyboard has to be in landscape orientation, which is why the SK has to be a swivel or slide device. Not everyone likes the larger size of the SK but there's no denying that the keyboard is superb.

6. Screen. This applies to the LX only, with its gorgeous Aquos 400x240 pixel screen. That extra width really makes many web pages easier to look at.

7. Sync. On the SK, contacts, bookmarks, notes, emails, calendar items, and to-do items are synced wirelessly as soon as they are changed. There is no need to sync via USB cable with a desktop machine. If your SK is lost or destroyed, as soon as you get a replacement and activate it, all your data flow right in, and you don't have to do anything.

8. Desktop interface. This is possible because of the active sync. You can access the core features of your SK from any computer on the internet in real time, via the desktop interface. Write or delete emails, notes, add contacts, and so on, and your phone is updated to reflect the changes within seconds. With the Curve, you need BES to come close to this.

The strengths of the Curve are:

1. Reliability. When there's an email outage with RIM, it makes the newspapers. Outages and delays were regrettably all too common with the SK. If there's any single reason why I switched, this is it.

2. Email support. Although the SK's email support is pretty good, the Curve's is better, in most (but not all) respects. You can have more email accounts on the Curve. Gmail and Yahoo mails are delivered just about instantly. You can choose to delete mail from the device and the server or just the device (this is a very good feature). BUT...the SK allows you to edit quoted text in email replies, and is smart about handling the '>' quotation indicators. The Curve, inexcusably, doesn't allow editing of quoted text at all. You have to include either all or none of it. The Curve doesn't have a Trash folder, either.

3. Camera. The Curve's camera not only has more megapixels, it's a better camera, and functions better in low light.

4. Video support. You can view videos on the Curve, and by all reports when OS 4.5 finally arrives, you'll be able to record them too.

5. Customizability. You can either buy or create ringtones from any source on the Curve. On the SK you must buy them from the Download Catalog. The same is true for themes, although there is a workaround for themes on the SK. For some people, ringtones are a Big Deal, and the Curve definitely gives you more options.

6. Software. On the SK you can only purchase software from the Download Catalog. On the Curve you can get software from various online sources. The software on the SK, especially games, is pretty good, and the prices are good, but if it's not in the Catalog you can't get it anywhere else. There's a pretty good variety of software available for the Curve.

7. Size. I mentioned this already, but the Curve is more compact. After having a SK on my hip for almost five years, I like being able to slip the Curve (in it's case, of course) into a pocket.

8. Call quality. The SK wasn't terrible, but the Curve is better. Most people tell me my calls sound better, and I hear less distortion when talking to them.

Those are the main things. Most people who say the Sidekick is "just a toy" don't really know much about it.
    03-05-08 12:45 PM
    don't get the sk. people will harrass you on CB.

lol
    03-05-08 12:49 PM
    I bought the sidekick slide because I wanted the bigger screen coming from my Pearl. I had the SK 2 weeks before I decided to go back to my Pearl and then I got bit by the Curve bug and I bought an unlocked one on eBay and I absolutely love it. I hated my sidekick! It was huge and froze up ALL THE TIME! I love my Curve and won't ever be able to go back to anything but a BB. Go for the CURVE!
    03-05-08 01:05 PM
    Would you be interested in possibly selling your pearl? I own a curve but would like to a pearl as a backup.
    03-05-08 01:11 PM
    You must be rich or something.......btw if you decide you don't want your Curve, can I please have it? So I can sell it on eBay for some money to spend on my spring break 08 baby baby!...
    lol im far from rich. i get my phones on ebay lol i lovee ebay thanks for your help! if i get a sidekick ill deff keep my curve.
    Last edited by xlovetheBERRYx; 03-05-08 at 06:53 PM.
    03-05-08 06:45 PM
    I got rid of my sk for the berry.. The email and net is better being that you dnt have to dwnload the pics and the web is better just cuz but thats it! the network always has outages and hn tht happns u cnt even use the aim net or email... I'd say stay with berry!
    03-05-08 08:38 PM
    does the bberry curve have a character limit on AIM? the sidekick's is very long and I am wanting to switch to a curve. i was just curious about AIM.
    03-18-08 01:14 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD