I have been really considering this for the past few days. I am really into communication on my devices so emailing instant messengers face book etc are more important then watching videos etc.

you think it would be dumb to get a tour and keep the storm as just a backup phone?

Or would you sell the storm and get the Tour....

sad thing is I really really do like the storm and I have been contemplating this for a while....

but man I want to type out long emails ;/
    05-04-09 03:28 AM
    Well I know as an iPhone user switching to the Tour I'm going to keep my iPhone for the media capabilities.
    I'm just going to use it as an iPod and as a browser over WiFi, but that's really it.
    05-04-09 04:16 AM
    Well I know as an iPhone user switching to the Tour I'm going to keep my iPhone for the media capabilities.
    I'm just going to use it as an iPod and as a browser over WiFi, but that's really it.
    ya thats the same thing I thought when I switched from the iPhone to the storm however i did have a verizon env at the time of owning the iPhone as well.

But the iphone now sits in a drawer and I use the ipod classic 80 gig as my ipod I am just not sure...

Its just I need a phone I can really hammer crap out on "blogging emailing etc"

before I grabbed the storm "being my first blackberry" I new I was semi scared about it because I work at work with them and new the addiction before I even owned one...

but now I see that the addiction is actually more beneficial then anything as with the storm I am on my computer a ton less and living out in the real world more then I ever was yet getting my things done.

But I really like the idea of a regular keyboard.
    05-04-09 04:35 AM
    I think the number one thing that has sold me on getting out of my iPhone is the poor battery.
    Every morning I use the iPod and surf the internet for about an hour, that's the most intensive thing I do almost all day. By the time I get back home the battery is almost dead. That's from not even using it. (And the WiFi is not on)
    I just really am longing for the better battery, physical keyboard, and superior messaging options. That's why I'm already sold on moving to a Berry.
    05-04-09 06:29 AM
    Current Storm users are discussing that here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...tching-175630/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 06:36 AM
    I think both phones compliment one another. But the decision is yours.
    05-04-09 08:17 AM
    I have been really considering this for the past few days. I am really into communication on my devices so emailing instant messengers face book etc are more important then watching videos etc.

you think it would be dumb to get a tour and keep the storm as just a backup phone?

sad thing is I really really do like the storm and I have been contemplating this for a while....

No I don't think keeping two devices is dumb. I use multiple devices all the time. For instance, 9000/9630 during the work week, and I use the Storm on weekends when relaxing and wanting to browse, watch/play media etc.
    Today's economy isn't the best, but if funds allow for you to carry/use two separate devices, I say go for it, as two is better than one.
    05-04-09 08:41 AM
    I say go for it, as two is better than one.
    but three is better than two!!!
    05-04-09 01:01 PM
    but three is better than two!!!
    The word is that CX changes blackberries like he changes socks and probably has a blackberry for everyday of the week, and half of them haven't been released yet. lol
    05-04-09 01:45 PM
    The word is that CX changes blackberries like he changes socks and probably has a blackberry for everyday of the week, and half of them haven't been released yet. lol

hahhah

ya it must be fun to jam on things that nobody even hardly knows about
    05-04-09 10:51 PM
    Ditch the piece of crap storm. Get a real BlackBerry.
    05-05-09 01:21 AM
    Ditch the piece of crap storm. Get a real BlackBerry.

I am probably going to keep the storm as kind of a backup blackberry just in case
    05-05-09 01:46 AM
    I'd sell the storm on ebay before the storm hype is over and get the new berry =D
    05-05-09 02:40 AM
    Selling it isn't a bad idea, if you don't think you're going to use it.
    I know I'm going to use my iPhone for the iPod so I'm not selling mine. :P
    05-05-09 03:19 AM
    i know but its like at this point I rely on a bb so heavily that it would be nice to have one on the side in case something happens or whatnot.

I do want to say I like the input and appreciate all the feedback
    Last edited by noaim; 05-05-09 at 03:26 AM.
    05-05-09 03:24 AM
    That's a good idea, you never know when any device will crap-out on you.
    05-05-09 03:28 AM
    That's a good idea, you never know when any device will crap-out on you.
    or I drop it in the toilet lol
    05-05-09 03:30 AM
    Hey, you never know haha.
    I know a guy who got his iPhone and a week later he accidentally dropped it in the toilet.
    True story.
    05-05-09 03:34 AM
    I have lost a phone before so for me its not unheard of
    05-05-09 04:09 AM

If you stream any kind of media and don't mind the multiple line charges, keep the Storm. It may be useless for the work stuff you want but the screen sure is gorgeous.
    05-05-09 08:11 AM

Nothing wrong with keeping the Storm as a 2nd string player. I used to switch back n' forth between my 8830WE and my 8130 all the time. Some days you just want to use one device more than the other.
    05-05-09 11:53 AM
    Nothing wrong with keeping the Storm as a 2nd string player. I used to switch back n' forth between my 8830WE and my 8130 all the time. Some days you just want to use one device more than the other.

see that is kind of what I was thinking too.. Like if I go away for a weekend then the storm would be rocking I think this may be the best choice!
    05-05-09 03:41 PM
    the storm is purely a media phone, if communication is your desire you should get a tour. The storms big screen and wifi + 3g capability are for media watching. The lack of a physical keyboard makes typing nearly impossible. It is slow and clunky and requires you to look at the screen as there is no tactile feedback. Why would you buy one in the first place if you use text messaging? or like to type long emails?
    05-05-09 07:43 PM
    the storm is purely a media phone, if communication is your desire you should get a tour. The storms big screen and wifi + 3g capability are for media watching. The lack of a physical keyboard makes typing nearly impossible. It is slow and clunky and requires you to look at the screen as there is no tactile feedback. Why would you buy one in the first place if you use text messaging? or like to type long emails?

the storm 9530 does not have wi-fi neither does the 9500

as far as why I would buy one in the first place I do rock about 35-40 words per minute on it but I can get in the 60's on world edition... - but I wanted the nice screen size and media capability's in with my business. None of the other blackberry's on Verizon really offer close to the media capability of the storm but the tour is looking pretty dang close minus the screen size.

there is semi tactile feedback as you know you have pushed the screen...

but I can type better with a keyboard no doubt...
    05-05-09 07:47 PM
    the storm 9530 does not have wi-fi neither does the 9500

as far as why I would buy one in the first place I do rock about 35-40 words per minute on it but I can get in the 60's on world edition... - but I wanted the nice screen size and media capability's in with my business. None of the other blackberry's on Verizon really offer close to the media capability of the storm but the tour is looking pretty dang close minus the screen size.

there is semi tactile feedback as you know you have pushed the screen...

but I can type better with a keyboard no doubt...
    If you can type better on a keyboard, and your main concern is communication (with keyboard), wouldn't common sense say not to buy a storm?

The tour doesn't seem that much different in media capability to me as the curves and past bb's. Other than increased memory and speed, and 3G. I dunno, just trying to help you make a decision. My vote is for a bb with real keyboard. Good luck in your search!
    05-05-09 09:45 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD