is that it does not completely load a webpage. Take for example the full crackberry front page on the storm. If you wait for it to fully load it looks nice at first. But then when you scroll farther down the page you get a gray screen and have to wait for the rest of the page to load. I believe this is why the browser is so laggy and slow on full pages. Also, when you zoom in on the storm it is very slow and often has to reload that section of the page again. If you use safari on the iphone it is so much easier to use when a webpage has fully loaded. You can move all around the page with no lag and zooming is instant.
    dont get me wrong, i love the storm but some things i cant stand
    05-03-09 10:08 PM
    is that it does not completely load a webpage. Take for example the full crackberry front page on the storm. If you wait for it to fully load it looks nice at first. But then when you scroll farther down the page you get a gray screen and have to wait for the rest of the page to load. I believe this is why the browser is so laggy and slow on full pages. Also, when you zoom in on the storm it is very slow and often has to reload that section of the page again. If you use safari on the iphone it is so much easier to use when a webpage has fully loaded. You can move all around the page with no lag and zooming is instant.
    dont get me wrong, i love the storm but some things i cant stand
    Ya want some advice download Opera Mini. Its great for loading up pages like Crackberry.com
    05-03-09 10:13 PM
    I agree + use opera. It has a smooth interface + is much faster then the bb browser. It will be interesting see how skyfire compares once it clears beta. Supposed to support flash so hulu anyone!?
    05-03-09 10:44 PM
    I agree + use opera. It has a smooth interface + is much faster then the bb browser. It will be interesting see how skyfire compares once it clears beta. Supposed to support flash so hulu anyone!?
    Skyfire should be awesome. Bolt was a dissapointment, but Skyfire really looks promising.
    05-03-09 11:07 PM
    Skyfire is not going to be for the Storm...
    05-03-09 11:08 PM
    I agree! Opera is much better....BUT equally infuriating. Opera made storm specific would be the ticket! Bolt just flat out sucks canal water. Skyfire sounds sweet....we'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 12:57 AM
    I agree! Opera is much better....BUT equally infuriating. Opera made storm specific would be the ticket! Bolt just flat out sucks canal water. Skyfire sounds sweet....we'll see.

Skyfire does sound pretty sweet!
    05-04-09 12:58 AM
    I think the BB browser is actually closing the gap on Opera now. Opera used to be muuuuch faster but with the latest OS versions, it's catching up. Plus with all the functionality and security of the BB Browser, I'd stick with that.
    05-04-09 12:59 AM
    try wap.crackberry.com , the mobile site, its very fast for checking forums
    05-04-09 07:40 AM
    I think the BB browser is actually closing the gap on Opera now. Opera used to be muuuuch faster but with the latest OS versions, it's catching up. Plus with all the functionality and security of the BB Browser, I'd stick with that.
    i dunno man, in my experience the blackberry browser always loads 26/27 images or 104/105 images and just hangs there. it's like it's lying to me
    05-04-09 07:50 AM
    I hadn't heard that. Flash needs wifi but flash isn't the only benefit skyfire offers. Betcha see skyfire for the storm eventually

05-04-09 08:19 AM
    Never tried the others but bb browser is hit or miss. Sometimes it's fast and smooth and then there are times when it's a joke...
    05-04-09 08:21 AM
    Initially... But it will come out eventually. Hulu works great on it
    05-04-09 08:43 AM
    I saw on another thread that it was confirmed by the folks at Skyfire that it will not support the Storm. It may still work on the Storm, but in a crappy way most likely given the touchscreen difference.

To stay on topic though... the Storm's browser has failed my expectations and it's the reason why I'm ditching it soon. You basically can't even enable JavaScript without killing the speed and for any pages with a lot of content, it takes a dump as well and becomes almost un-scrollable.
    05-04-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD