Does anyone with the Otterbox Case for the storm have the Seidio charging cradle? Will it fit? I know it's supposed to accept the phone with skins and hard cases but I think the Otterbox case is pretty large isn't it? AND YES I SEARCHED FIRST! Thanks
    05-03-09 07:57 PM
    Well I dont have the Seido charger but the otterbox for the storm makes it "huge" (although awesome). Looking at the pictures in the crackberry store I am 95% sure it would not fit
    05-03-09 08:02 PM
    Very good question! I want to know as well. I would rather not buy the charger and find out it doesnt fit.
    05-03-09 08:10 PM
    I have ordered the charger already,which I plan to use with my Incipio Feather case.
    I just have a lot of dust under my screen and was thinking about the otterbox case for this reason.Problem is I was thinking about getting a replacement because of the dust, but have my storm setup just the way I want it and am not sure about going through all the trouble with my Apps and a new phone with a Different PIN. What to do I don't know. I geuss I'll just try to look past the dust for now.
    05-03-09 08:15 PM
    I think it is very safe for me to say the phone won't fit in the charger. Even if the thickness isn't a problem the length of the usb connection probably would be. Should be a big deal since you can just take the storm out of the otterbox to charge it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 08:27 PM
    I don't see the case fitting ANY cradle....
    05-03-09 08:34 PM
    The Otterbox will not fit in ANY cradle
    05-03-09 08:48 PM
    I don't see the case fitting ANY cradle....
    The Otterbox will not fit in ANY cradle
    Not even close!!
    05-03-09 08:51 PM
    the case is HUGE !! i almost bought one at the Verizon store, but it made the phone so HUGE that i didnt even like it, and i LOVE my storm.
    05-03-09 08:55 PM
    the case is HUGE !! i almost bought one at the Verizon store, but it made the phone so HUGE that i didnt even like it, and i LOVE my storm.
    I felt the same way on the first day, but after you realize just how protected your storm is, you get past it. I didn't realize just how much I subconceincously spent tome trying to protect it. Now I don't worry about anything. But yes, it is big.

05-03-09 09:50 PM
    The Otterbox for Storm is horrible. Touch screen works fine. To bad noone can hear me talk.
    05-11-09 10:29 AM
    People hear me talk just fine. Besides, it's not like you cannot use Bluetooth. The only annoying thing about my otterbox is that I have the old version where I can't hit the keys properly in landscape version, and I guess it's not very pocket friendly because of its size.

05-11-09 11:01 AM
    The otterbox is for men and me don't need cradles.

(sorry to all gals I offended)
    05-11-09 11:03 AM
    The Otterbox for Storm is horrible. Touch screen works fine. To bad noone can hear me talk.
    Touchscreen didn't work for me. Bottom part of the screen and top (eg phone number in phone log) did not respond. An email to Otter and they posted me a new, redesigned one free of charge. The only problem now is that German customs are not letting it through because they say it's worth more than the dollar stated (minimum value for a replacement).

I can't comment on how well the new design is so ....

What a fiasco.

Good support from Otter however. It is a well designed box and I'll certainly use it when taking the storm out cycling.
    05-11-09 02:32 PM
    People hear me talk just fine. Besides, it's not like you cannot use Bluetooth. The only annoying thing about my otterbox is that I have the old version where I can't hit the keys properly in landscape version, and I guess it's not very pocket friendly because of its size.

contact otterbox...they may replace it for you depending upon where you purchased it.
    05-11-09 03:52 PM
    i case up when i leave the house, when i'm at home my phone is naked, and i use the OEM cradle. i doubt the otterbox will fit in anything except the clip made for it...however this is purely speculation. i'd suspect the rubber gasket covering the usb port would cause a problem
    05-11-09 04:34 PM
    I just got the OtterBox for my Storm today and I found a store that had one in stock so I could actually try it out. I pretty sure it is the second generation because I don't have any of the issues some are talking about. I love this case. I can hear fine and other hear me fine as well. No problem in typing either. I get a discount for VIP so I only paid $40 with tax. As far as size my hands are pretty big so it fits me well. It's all those years of construction use.
    05-11-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD