Dumb question.....Which one? I would like to have my itunes transfered to the Storm(which is on the mac side of my computer) but not at the expense of losing features. Im confused about which way to go...I really do not want to reload itunes and all my music and pictures to the windows side of my mac.....HELP!!!

have pocketmac for blackberry for installed on the mac side already...Im picking up the Storm tomorrow. I just dont know weather I should use the windows side and install the software that comes with it or use the mac side.

This is my first time using a BB and need some direction. If I use the mac side will I still be able to download stuff from this site? Or will being on the mac side screw up the BB os?
    Last edited by havok1071; 05-03-09 at 01:49 PM.
    05-03-09 01:46 PM
    Not really an expert here but from my experience in the forums mac users seem to get more than their fair share of problems, maybe windows is the way to go?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 02:02 PM
    Dumb question.....Which one? I would like to have my itunes transfered to the Storm(which is on the mac side of my computer) but not at the expense of losing features. Im confused about which way to go...I really do not want to reload itunes and all my music and pictures to the windows side of my mac.....HELP!!!

have pocketmac for blackberry for installed on the mac side already...Im picking up the Storm tomorrow. I just dont know weather I should use the windows side and install the software that comes with it or use the mac side.

This is my first time using a BB and need some direction. If I use the mac side will I still be able to download stuff from this site? Or will being on the mac side screw up the BB os?
    Don't bother with Pocket Mac. IMHO it's horrible.

What you will get for your iTunes is Blackberry Media Sync. Pocket Mac doesn't sync iTunes anyway.

I had absolutely no luck trying to run Pocket Mac but in my case all my contacts are on Gmail so I just synched gmail with my Storm. Then use either VMware or boot camp with Windows and download Desktop Manager. It's the only way you can back up and you may need it for upgrades and such, though most people are using the Loader now.

There is a product you can purchase for Mac called "The Missing Sync" and that will sync your contacts and everything else, but that also doesn't sync iTunes.
    05-03-09 02:06 PM
    The new application on rim's site says it converts the mp4's to mp3's so that was not a dumb queston it's call blackberry media sync..theres a mac & windows version...go get it!!
    05-03-09 02:08 PM
    Thanks everyone....I appreciate the input. im gonna download the media sync
    05-03-09 02:46 PM
    Don't bother with Pocket Mac. IMHO it's horrible.

What you will get for your iTunes is Blackberry Media Sync. Pocket Mac doesn't sync iTunes anyway.

I had absolutely no luck trying to run Pocket Mac but in my case all my contacts are on Gmail so I just synched gmail with my Storm. Then use either VMware or boot camp with Windows and download Desktop Manager. It's the only way you can back up and you may need it for upgrades and such, though most people are using the Loader now.

There is a product you can purchase for Mac called "The Missing Sync" and that will sync your contacts and everything else, but that also doesn't sync iTunes.
    Hi,
    MissingSync DOES synchronize iTunes and playlists, except DRM protected files of course. PocketMac is awful, MissingSync works, but is quite expensive, about 40 Dollars. If You have already installed PM, You will have issues with MissingSync, if You do not remove PM entirely before installing MS.

You will need Win anyway if You want to update Your firmware. This is impossible via Mac.

You can copy iTunes music directly from Your Mac to the Storm MediaCard via USB/Finder. There is a directory "Blackberry" and within a folder "music". Any song copied there is available in the BB MediaPlayer.

I use MissingSync for syncing contacts, calendar, notes and music/video. Furthermore, I have VMware Fusion and Win XP SP3 on my Mac to update Firmware. Works great.

I recommend the Mac section of Crackberry. Lots of good advice there.
    05-03-09 04:05 PM
    Hi,
    MissingSync DOES synchronize iTunes and playlists, except DRM protected files of course. PocketMac is awful, MissingSync works, but is quite expensive, about 40 Dollars. If You have already installed PM, You will have issues with MissingSync, if You do not remove PM entirely before installing MS.

You will need Win anyway if You want to update Your firmware. This is impossible via Mac.

You can copy iTunes music directly from Your Mac to the Storm MediaCard via USB/Finder. There is a directory "Blackberry" and within a folder "music". Any song copied there is available in the BB MediaPlayer.

I use MissingSync for syncing contacts, calendar, notes and music/video. Furthermore, I have VMware Fusion and Win XP SP3 on my Mac to update Firmware. Works great.

I recommend the Mac section of Crackberry. Lots of good advice there.

My sentiments exactly. Well put. I do like having Missing Sync for day to day contacts/cal backup, I have it set up with Bluetooth so it just does its thing every few hours when its near the MacBook. Love that!
    05-03-09 04:12 PM
    If the missing sync or blackberry media sync don't allow you to put songs you purchased with iTunes on your blackberry you might as well just use your USB cable....

open the files on your mac hard drive and drag them to the music folder on your storm, thats what I do at least.

Unless i'm misinterpreting the DRM protected songs...
    05-03-09 04:17 PM
    There is also a free program called Double Twist that I use & it works great to sync my music. Also I agree with missing sync. I just turn my MB on & it syncs with my Storm.
    05-03-09 05:07 PM
    If missing sync works on music files and iTunes then its got to be a newer version then what I have.

All my music Is MP3 with no protection and it would not sync it! This was around 9/08.

05-03-09 06:34 PM
    If missing sync works on music files and iTunes then its got to be a newer version then what I have.

All my music Is MP3 with no protection and it would not sync it! This was around 9/08.

Hi Hookbill,

Markspace released Version 2.xx of MissingSync a few weeks ago. There are still minor issues, but You can send playlists and files from iTunes to Your Storm. It copies ALL unprotected files, be it mp3, m4a, m4b etc. For the usual contacts, calendar and notes synchronize functions: This can be done wireless using Bluetooth now. For the music You still need a cable.

I have about 1400 songs on my Storm, works great.
    05-04-09 01:23 PM
    yeah, I don't know why more people aren't using doubletwist. It's a solid program and free.
    05-04-09 01:51 PM
    yeah, I don't know why more people aren't using doubletwist. It's a solid program and free.
    Could be because we've never heard about it? But I thank you for letting us know. Will do a google now.
    05-04-09 02:20 PM
    Where can I get it?
    05-04-09 02:20 PM
    05-04-09 02:24 PM
    05-04-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD