Does any pne know of a way, or even if this will work, to transmit wirelessly from a storm to an FM receiver like a Sirius does? I'd like to listen to Pandora in the car but it sounds pretty bad coming out of the phone and I don't have an aux. Input jack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 06:43 AM
    You need something like this.
    Belkin : TuneCast� II FM Transmitter

Since the storm uses a standard size headphone jack you have many choices on the market.
    It has been a while since I used one of these so do your research because some of them have really bad transmitters.
    05-03-09 06:53 AM
    No. The Storm does not have a transmitter. Use Bluetooth and a MOtorola T505

05-03-09 09:51 AM
    You can buy the minijack ones from Radio Shack. I used one in a friends truck and it wasn't too bad. A little static at first, but it cleared up nice.
    05-03-09 10:39 AM
    I use a Jabra SP700 Bluetooth Speaker phone with FM Transmitter!

Works great! I Love it, Listen to music, Pandora, ect...
    05-03-09 10:53 AM
    You can pick up the cheapest around $30. It works great, and when a phone call comes in the music/podcast stops and you can take the call over your speakers.
    05-03-09 10:59 AM

Reading up on this... does it turn off after inactivity?

After reading around the T505 seems pretty decent, it can be had OEM on ebay for 50 bux shipped or from amazon 62 bucks shipped with prime.
    Last edited by manofice; 05-05-09 at 10:42 AM.
    05-05-09 10:26 AM
    i use slacker and pandora like crazy !! i have aux input jack on the front of my sony cd player in my car...so i got the wire to connect them to my storms headphone jack.........works great
    05-07-09 06:22 PM
    You could always buy one of those cassette tape adapters. That's what I use.

05-07-09 06:31 PM
    Reading up on this... does it turn off after inactivity?

After reading around the T505 seems pretty decent, it can be had OEM on ebay for 50 bux shipped or from amazon 62 bucks shipped with prime.
    Yes, i believe after 30 minutes it turns off. Check Moto's site for sure.
    05-07-09 07:24 PM
    I bought a cheap $10 FM transmitter in the Walmart automotive section. It actually works pretty good believe it or not. Slacker and received calls through the stereo.

Only problem is sometimes when dialing out the mic doesn't seem to work in speaker. Most of the time it's fine. For $10 it's great.
    05-07-09 07:56 PM
    I use a Belkin that turns off after 1.5 minutes of non-use. It works great on my Storm but my incoming calls don't play through the speakers. Is there something I need to do to get that? Oh, I only paid $40...don't get talked into a $100 bluetooth set-up...it's not needed. The guy at VZW store tried to set me up with this complicated bluetooth thing.
    05-07-09 09:12 PM
    Ebay, get one for $10 with free shipping. Unless you want hands free and music, forget moto bluetooth
    05-07-09 09:15 PM

Question, I know you can have it tuned to a specific FM channel, what if you're listening to say 95.1 and have your storm connected to the bluetooth device via bluetooth and the optimal channel is say 100.6. If I receive a call, will it go onto the devices speakphone and then I would have to physically change the radio station to have the sound come out 100.6?
    05-08-09 11:44 AM
    Yes, i believe after 30 minutes it turns off. Check Moto's site for sure.
    I have been using the T505 for about 6 months and it works great. It will stay on until the battery dies. I have used on 12 hour trips without fail!
    05-08-09 12:44 PM
    Would the Bluetooth function on my BB Pear not transmit on my Nissan Maxima 07? It is equipped for Bluetooth calls from the phone, but I don't know if that will do music.

Should I do an FM transmitter or just use the built in aux jack on the front of the radio?
    05-12-09 12:23 PM
    with the price of fm transmitters i would honestly just go buy a new car radio for like 80. most of them come with aux and aux is muchh better quality than fm transmitters. the only thing the fm transmitters have to offer are bad quality and a load of static that overwhelms your music so. my dvice is pay a little bit more for much better quality. and a sexier lookin cd player in yur car =]
    05-12-09 01:36 PM
    Question, I know you can have it tuned to a specific FM channel, what if you're listening to say 95.1 and have your storm connected to the bluetooth device via bluetooth and the optimal channel is say 100.6. If I receive a call, will it go onto the devices speakphone and then I would have to physically change the radio station to have the sound come out 100.6?
    I don't know that it goes to the optimal station. It would have to be set prior... at least, that is how it worked on mine.
    05-12-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD