Ok so i have had such a hard time with this and im sure im not the only one... i am going to write up a little tutorial for you guys so here it is:

This is to get the .141/5.0.0.90 hybrid working on a Storm 9530.

LINKS

Main thread

x86 Installer

x64 Installer

.132 Leaked OS

NOTE: You do NOT need the .141 leaked OS, it is in the installer.
    (there are also other files there that you can look at, but these are the necessary ones to get it working.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Tips:

Make sure you do not have any OS's installed on your computer. This creates the least amount of errors.

Download your specific Installer and the .132 leaked OS before you start

Dont have too many things running in the background
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A big thanks goes to lyricidal for helping me compile this tutorial and building the programs to make this upgrade possible. MAKE SURE TO DONATE TO HIM!

if people use the my installer over 132, they will have the full 141/5.0 (141 radio)
    if they do the Java files only over .132, they will have 141/5.0 with .132 radio

Step 1. Install the .132 leaked OS on your computer.
    Step 2. Go to your Hybrid installer that you downloaded and run and click install
    Step 3. Shrink A OS should have popped up
    Step 4. At the top, where it says Select your OS Install Folder:, make sure you choose your .132 folder (it is located C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162)
    Step 5. Go through what you want and what you dont want in the check boxes and shrink it!
    Step 6. When you are done with that, hit Launch Loader.exe next to the shrink button
    Step 7. Go through the steps and make sure to backup. (you will go through a few steps)
    Step 8. You are at the upgrading screen... it will take about 20 minutes... the device initialization takes the longest so be patient
    Step 9. Ok, its rebooting... now on your blackberry, go to ->options -> About -> Third line should read v4.7.0.141. Platform 174 (if it doesnt, recheck your work and start over)

------------------------------------------------------
    quick rundown of Swap-A-Radio:

Click Browse, choose your latest OS install folder (in this case C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174 if you're swapping .141's)
    click the radio you want to change to (.90)
    and wait til it gives you a message box saying it was swapped
    then Launch Loader.exe and update your phone
    If im missing a step, please tell me... im really tired, but i hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by theidoctor; 05-03-09 at 04:02 PM.
    05-02-09 11:56 PM
    You're tutorial doesn't answer the question I have from my reply.
    05-03-09 12:03 AM
    Don't forget that some suggest to delete the Vendor.xml file prior to installation.
    05-03-09 12:04 AM
    why are you installing .132 on your phone, then installing the hybrid and installing on your phone again?
    05-03-09 12:06 AM
    how do you know what (x86 or (64)??? i have been trying this all night

Ok so i have had such a hard time with this and im sure im not the only one... i am going to write up a little tutorial for you guys so here it is:

This is to get the .141/5.0.0.90 hybrid working on a Storm 9530.

LINKS

Main thread

x86 Installer

x64 Installer

.132 Leaked OS

NOTE: You do NOT need the .141 leaked OS, it is in the installer.
    (there are also other files there that you can look at, but these are the necessary ones to get it working.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Tips:

Make sure you do not have any OS's installed on your computer. This creates the least amount of errors.

Download your specific Installer and the .132 leaked OS before you start

Dont have too many things running in the background

Step 2. Plug in your storm to the computer.
    Step 3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe --> and run the apploader
    Step 4. Go through the steps and make sure to backup. (you will go through a few steps)
    Step 5. You are at the upgrading screen... it will take about 20 minutes... the device initialization takes the longest so be patient
    Step 6. Ok, its rebooting... now on your blackberry, go to ->options -> About -> Third line should read v4.7.0.132. (if it doesnt, recheck your work and start over)

Step 7. Go to your installer that you downloaded and run the hybrid and click install
    Step 8. Shrink A OS should have popped up
    Step 9. At the top, where it says Select your OS Install Folder:, make sure you choose your .132 folder (it is located C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162)
    Step 10. Go through what you want and what you dont want in the check boxes and shrink it!
    Step 11. When you are done with that, hit the loader.exe next to the shrink button....
    Step 12. REPEAT STEPS 4-6

If im missing a step, please tell me... im really tired, but i hope this helps!!!
    05-03-09 12:14 AM
    If your computer's operating system is 32 bit, use the x86 installer. Use the x64 installer for 64 bit operating systems.
    05-03-09 12:20 AM
    Does anyone have anything good or constructive to say? I may try running this tomorrow afternoon after I get home from working... at Verizon Wireless :-)
    05-03-09 12:25 AM
    If your computer's operating system is 32 bit, use the x86 installer. Use the x64 installer for 64 bit operating systems.
    how do i know. its windws vista home premium thats all i know.
    05-03-09 12:32 AM
    How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
    05-03-09 12:36 AM
    so far the only thing i see that is noticeably better is the memory. the screen lock problem not responding when you touch the screen is actually really annoying me. i am thinking of removing this and putting back in bbcrackman's v3 .114 hybrid.

And to answer the other question,

the point of the hybrid is it uses files from other versions and overites ones being installed. so basically the creator is chosing different components to make the best possible os. What the hybrid installer with this OS does is it automatically overites the files he wanted to put in the OS. Thats all.
    05-03-09 12:36 AM
    ok i found its 64 bit....

the os loaded on my computer when i go

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162

is that what is on my phone???when i click "about" on the phone it shows this:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...disp=inline&zw
    05-03-09 12:41 AM
    ok i found its 64 bit....

the os loaded on my computer when i go

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162

is that what is on my phone???when i click "about" on the phone it shows this:

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik...disp=inline&zw
    in the about, on your phone, the third line should read v4.7.0.132... if you did it at the end it should say .141 instead of .132
    05-03-09 08:14 AM
    I did this yesterday. It was simple, and only a few little problems. nothing to balk at. Follow the idoctor's steps exactly and you should be fine.

Does anyone have anything good or constructive to say? I may try running this tomorrow afternoon after I get home from working... at Verizon Wireless :-)
    05-03-09 09:24 AM
    glad it helped!!!!
    05-03-09 10:32 AM
    How do a force a update if I have 141 and want to add the 5.0 files?

Mel
    05-03-09 10:37 AM
    How do a force a update if I have 141 and want to add the 5.0 files?

Mel
    For this, you can simply copy the Java files that you download from Lyricidal and paste them into the Java folder in here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174

Then run Loader.exe and it will update your phone.
    05-03-09 10:47 AM
    you have to downgrade to .132... and then follow the steps.... remember... you dont need the .141 LEAKED OS
    05-03-09 10:55 AM
    Nice thanks for the tutorial. Very cool app by Lyricidal
    05-03-09 11:10 AM
    you have to downgrade to .132... and then follow the steps.... remember... you dont need the .141 LEAKED OS
    thats incorrect. if your not using the .141 OS. its not a .141/ 50 hybrid. your doing a .132 base with a .141/50 java. then your telling people to install the .141 installer then install .132 on top of it. might wanna redo the tutorial, certain things arent explained properly.
    05-03-09 11:45 AM
    As i stated before, why are you loading .132 onto your phone, checking to see if that worked ok and then install the hybrid? You are just adding more of a chance for something to go wrong (ie lose apps, contacts settings, bricked phone)

Step 2. Plug in your storm to the computer.
    Step 3. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\

DELETE THE VENDOR FILE NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE FOLDER... --> and then run the apploader --Loader.exe

Step 4. Go through the steps and make sure to backup. (you will go through a few steps)
    Step 5. You are at the upgrading screen... it will take about 20 minutes... the device initialization takes the longest so be patient
    Step 6. Ok, its rebooting... now on your blackberry, go to ->options -> About -> Third line should read v4.7.0.132. (if it doesnt, recheck your work and start over)

Step 7. Go to your installer that you downloaded and run the hybrid and click install
    Step 8. Shrink A OS should have popped up
    Step 9. At the top, where it says Select your OS Install Folder:, make sure you choose your .132 folder (it is located C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162)
    Step 10. Go through what you want and what you dont want in the check boxes and shrink it!
    Step 11. When you are done with that, hit the loader.exe next to the shrink button....
    Step 12. REPEAT STEPS 4-6 --- this time at the end, the third line should have .141 instead of .132
    Also, This assumes you are coming from the official .75/.76 OS. If you have have .113 or above, you dont need to download .132 etc

Taken from the original thread
    Don't make things complicated for yourself: Simply change the install location of the hybrid to your most current OS install folder. Find which OS you're coming from and only follow those instrucitons

If you're upgrading from .132 (which is easiest)
    - Install .132 leak. (Skip this step if you already have it)
    - Run the Hybrid Installer and Click Install
    - Update.

If you're upgrading from .122
    - Install .122 leak. (Skip this step if you already have it)
    - Run the Installer and change: 9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 to 9530-v4.7.0.122_P4.0.0.153
    - Update your phone.

If you're upgrading from .113
    - Install .113 leak. (Skip this step if you already have it)
    - Run the Installer and change: 9530-v4.7.0.132_P4.0.0.162 to 9530-v4.7.0.113_P4.0.0.144
    - Update your phone.
    Your steps 1-6 are not needed and since most people doing this have already updated to a leaked OS they will not need the extra work. All you have to do is point the installer to your most current OS install.
    05-03-09 11:59 AM
    What I found in helping people is that they just have a specific question about their particular install and want some reassurance about what they are going to do.

That, and some people want to try the hybrid, but don't know enough about their computer or the OS to actually do it on their own, even with great instructions.
    05-03-09 12:03 PM
    For this, you can simply copy the Java files that you download from Lyricidal and paste them into the Java folder in here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.141_P4.0.0.174

Then run Loader.exe and it will update your phone.

So, if you already loaded the leaked .141, and want the hybrid 141/5.0 this is all you need to do to get it? Copy over some files??? no downgrading/upgrading OS's or anything???

Laying 5.0 files on top of 141 isn't going to give you the fixed hybrid features of the regular 141/5.0 OS download is it?
    Last edited by dappervirgo; 05-03-09 at 01:16 PM.
    05-03-09 01:09 PM
    So, if you already loaded the leaked .141, and want the hybrid 141/5.0 this is all you need to do to get it? Copy over some files??? no downgrading/upgrading OS's or anything???

Laying 5.0 files on top of 141 isn't going to give you the fixed hybrid features of the regular 141/5.0 OS download is it?
    if you have .141 installed on your pc already then take the java folder here:http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/5.0.0.90+.141.rar and put that in c/programfiles/common files/RIM/shared/loader files/.141 . i would delete the java folder already there first.then put the one i posted for you in its palce. after that just run APPLOADER.EXE and complete the install.
    05-03-09 01:20 PM

Correct, you can just copy the Java files you download from lyricidal to the Java folder in your current .141 folder. But you will still have to run Loader.exe to put them on the phone.

You aren't just laying just the 5.0 files, you are putting .141 and .132 files and the fixed files as well. They are all in the .rar I have not spoken to many people going from .141 to the hybrid, but it is possible it will not fix the quicklaunch bug, but if you don't have the program, it doesn't matter.
    05-03-09 01:22 PM
    Correct, you can just copy the Java files you download from lyricidal to the Java folder in your current .141 folder. But you will still have to run Loader.exe to put them on the phone.

You aren't just laying just the 5.0 files, you are putting .141 and .132 files and the fixed files as well. They are all in the .rar I have not spoken to many people going from .141 to the hybrid, but it is possible it will not fix the quicklaunch bug, but if you don't have the program, it doesn't matter.
    quicklaunch is fixed.
    05-03-09 01:24 PM
150 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD