So this is my White Storm 9530... Took me about 4 hours and $20... Thought about colorware but 2-3 weeks and $120 did not appeal to me... Only thing I couldnt do is leave the LED clear... I did coat it lightly and it still shines through...

05-02-09 07:18 PM
    Nice, looks pretty sleek
    nice savings too.
    Smart move, might do mine red or blue
    05-02-09 07:21 PM
    Wow that is really cute. I wouldve picked pink tho lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 07:21 PM
    that's bada$$ =)
    05-02-09 07:22 PM
    How well does the LED show through? Even though you said it does it seems like it'd be really hard to see!
    05-02-09 07:22 PM
    Wow, dunno what to say, but that looks pretty cool. The first image looks like it has some bumps or something on the case/phone though... could just be a camera thing
    05-02-09 07:24 PM
    Thanks...

The LED shines through fairly well... The Red does look pink and the blue looks baby blue... But, its a small price to pay for a different color storm...

Also, the phone is glossy smooth all the way around... Looks like a Finish you would get on a mercedes benz My Isight camera sucks for taking pictures... Ill take some better pics with a Digital Camera later...
    05-02-09 07:28 PM
    I think the bumpiness he is talking about is the masking tape is all.
    05-02-09 07:30 PM
    I think the bumpiness he is talking about is the masking tape is all.
    Yeah, the masking tape is covering the SIM card slot and Micro SD card slot...
    05-02-09 07:35 PM
    very nice storm. way to save money.
    05-02-09 07:45 PM
    I... Ummm.... Wow...
    Momma told me if I ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say nuttin' @ all...
    05-02-09 07:56 PM
    Question, how'd you paint it? Just spray paint over the original? What kind of paint and what prep did you do?

I have almost no experience painting things..and I'm completely clueless when it comes to plastic..so I'm just a bit curious since it turned out so amazing!
    05-02-09 08:17 PM
    Like the white, but now it kinda looks like a iphone...:-(

05-02-09 08:21 PM
    Question, how'd you paint it? Just spray paint over the original? What kind of paint and what prep did you do?

I have almost no experience painting things..and I'm completely clueless when it comes to plastic..so I'm just a bit curious since it turned out so amazing!
    Took the phone apart, taped off the Speaker,buttons,sim card slot and MSD card slot. Then cleaned it VERY GOOD with dish soap. Sprayed Plastic Primer x2, Sprayed Color x2, Wet Sanded color coat very lightly, Sprayed Color Again x1 then Cleared x2... Baked in an oven at about 105 degrees for about an hour...

Used Automotive Primer, Color and Paint... It doesn't build up thick like some other paints so the pieces fit back together nicely... Considering the amount of coats that the phone took of everything, the gaps still look the same so it fit back together easy
    Like the white, but now it kinda looks like a iphone...:-(

Only thing white on an Iphone is the back...
    Last edited by chevydudesixty9; 05-02-09 at 08:30 PM.
    05-02-09 08:26 PM
    dude thats FREAKING AWESOME.

i wish i had the patience, or wasn't scared to do this. I would totally do this.

05-02-09 08:30 PM
    Took the phone apart, taped off the Speaker,buttons,sim card slot and MSD card slot. Then cleaned it VERY GOOD with dish soap. Sprayed Plastic Primer x2, Sprayed Color x2, Wet Sanded very lightly color coat, Sprayed Color Again x1 then Cleared x2... Baked in an oven at about 105 degrees for about an hour...

Used Automotive Primer, Color and Paint... It doesn't build up thick like some other paints so the pieces fit back together nicely....

Only thing white on an Iphone is the back...
    Putting masking tape on the LED woulda been PRICELESS...
    05-02-09 08:30 PM
    dude thats FREAKING AWESOME.

i wish i had the patience, or wasn't scared to do this. I would totally do this.

It's the sticking it in the oven part that scares me...

I realize 105 degrees isn't all that hot but still.
    05-02-09 08:31 PM
    Why not the buttons? Ooh I can see a wee project coming on lol

05-02-09 08:33 PM
    Putting masking tape on the LED woulda been PRICELESS...
    Yea, tried it and it didnt work...

Whats so scary about putting plastic pieces in an oven at 105? My phone has been with me out in the desert at 100+ with no problems...
    05-02-09 08:35 PM

Thought the same when I separate the lights on the motorcycles...

220 for 20 min...

It's fine...
    05-02-09 08:35 PM
    Nice!

I'll probably try something like this with old dumbphone handsets I've got lying around Then maybe later try my beloved storm

So much for ColorWare!
    05-02-09 08:37 PM
    Nice!

I'll probably try something like this with old dumbphone handsets I've got lying around Then maybe later try my beloved storm

So much for ColorWare!
    THIN COATS !
    and perfect prep is key.
    and PLEASE take the ten seconds and cover the LED hole...
    05-02-09 08:38 PM
    Thought the same when I separate the lights on the motorcycles...

220 for 20 min...

It's fine...
    Word... You can bake it at a lower temp or not bake it at all... Its 70 out right now and it was taking too long...
    05-02-09 08:38 PM
    One thing I did do guys is buy a complete shell on Ebay for about $30 just in case... Ofcourse now I can paint that one and make money
    05-02-09 08:40 PM
    Yea, tried it and it didnt work...

Whats so scary about putting plastic pieces in an oven at 105? My phone has been with me out in the desert at 100+ with no problems...

Next time try contact paper...
    Or... a dot of Elmers white water soluble glue...
    When the paint dries, wash it off...
    05-02-09 08:43 PM
84 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD