Well, it didn't exist, so I created it.

Leave your impressions here...
    05-02-09 04:32 AM
    ...maybe someone else knows something?

Installed .141/5.0HyBriD;
    Everything works great...except 1 thing, only when composing an MMS, when sent...get EDGE vs edge & message does not go thru.
    (email & SMS work perfectly)

looked thru modules and noticed this:

net_rim_bb_email
    net_rim_bb_email_compression
    net_rim_bb_mms
    net_rim_bb_sms
    net_rim_bb_sms_compose

*Should there be a [net_rim_bb_mms_compression] or [net_rim_bb_mms_compose] file??

Or does anyone know what would or could be causing the MMS issue???

Appreciate Assistance...
    ALEX
    05-02-09 05:37 AM
    I just tried sending a MMS with the same results...
    05-02-09 05:45 AM
    Odd
    there is no MMS Compose/Compression files: the only MMS files are:
    net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod (5.0 file in this build)
    and
    net_rim_bb_mms
    You guys could try changing net_rim_bb_email_compression.cod and net_rim_plazmic_mediaengine_smil_mms.cod back to .141 and run Loader to update - not sure if that will work for sure as I don't seem to get the EDGE/edge (or 1xEV/1xev)
    Hopefully we can get a solution to it
    05-02-09 06:52 AM
    I am on verizon running .141/5.0 Hybrid and the MMS and SMS work just fine.
    05-02-09 07:53 AM
    Been on .141/5.0 for three days now and although I haven't used MMS everything is working really nicely. No memory leaks to speak of and keyboard, browser, etc are very fast!

**UPDATE** Just sent two seperate MMS with absolutely no problem (one video and one still pic)... For those that are having MMS issues you may want to check out your upgrade path.
    Last edited by kmss1; 05-02-09 at 10:24 AM.
    05-02-09 08:23 AM
    I'm running the 141/5.0 Hybrid. Just sent an MMS with attached picture to my wife's Storm running 132 and it went through fine.
    05-02-09 09:48 AM
    I'm loving this Hybrid! It works fantastic. No Problems to speak of in the 2 days Ive been using it.
    05-02-09 09:51 AM
    Been on .141/5.0 for three days now and although I haven't used MMS everything is working really nicely. No memory leaks to speak of and keyboard, browser, etc are very fast!
    . . .
    Interesting. I've been running this for about two days now and the memory has dropped from 48 Mb down to 34. I don't have any third-party apps loaded onto the phone.
    05-02-09 09:54 AM
    ...maybe someone else knows something?

Installed .141/5.0HyBriD;
    Everything works great...except 1 thing, only when composing an MMS, when sent...get EDGE vs edge & message does not go thru.
    (email & SMS work perfectly)

looked thru modules and noticed this:

net_rim_bb_email
    net_rim_bb_email_compression
    net_rim_bb_mms
    net_rim_bb_sms
    net_rim_bb_sms_compose

*Should there be a [net_rim_bb_mms_compression] or [net_rim_bb_mms_compose] file??

Or does anyone know what would or could be causing the MMS issue???

Appreciate Assistance...
    ALEX
    I haven't had any issues with MMS either. The only problem I had was the sheobj program didn't remove anything I told it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 09:55 AM
    Compared to .132:

Browser is faster

Noticed some typing lag sometimes.
    Phone reset twice unprompted.
    05-02-09 09:58 AM
    Been running for a little over a day. It runs faster and is much more stable. Overall the os is great. Definitely can hold me over until a 5.0 official. This os finally makes the storm run like a blackberry should. Good job to the creator and a big thank you!

05-02-09 10:05 AM
    What do you get that is different than just having .141? I am curious as to what the 5.0 files bring to the table..

05-02-09 10:10 AM
    Interesting. I've been running this for about two days now and the memory has dropped from 48 Mb down to 34. I don't have any third-party apps loaded onto the phone.
    Cruisin - I have QuickPull scheduled to reboot every morning at 5:00am, but even with that, and with all the apps I've got on it, I still only lose a max of about 2 Mb through a very busy day...
    05-02-09 10:20 AM
    What do you get that is different than just having .141? I am curious as to what the 5.0 files bring to the table..

Primarily a better web browser or at least parts of it.. Faster than the 122/131 for sure.

Everything has been good for me escept...
    memory leaks a LOT!

I've kept it under control with daily virtual battery pulls and the built in memory cleaner.
    05-02-09 10:35 AM
    Less clock spins.
    Memory holds up well, I started at 52 ended day at 43.7
    Faster browser

I found out the radio was the same as .141 but it appeared I was getting a better signal, however maybe I bought into that. Now it appears it's the same.

I really think I'll probably hold this build for a while, even if there are a few more leaks unless the leaks have some added goodies that I may want.
    05-02-09 11:04 AM
    This is the best build by far. Anyone with any reservations about upgrading should upgrade hands down. Awesome work by Lyricidal.
    05-02-09 11:07 AM
    Side by side testing with my wife's phone running 132, the orientation change is just a tad (maybe a tenth of a second or two) slower on the hybrid.
    05-02-09 12:30 PM
    How's the battery?
    05-02-09 12:32 PM
    Has anyone else noticed more "little black clocks"?
    What about when it's in the cradle and the clock wont turn right side up.....

Those are 2 things Im getting......other then that, its all good...
    05-02-09 12:42 PM
    Since .109 my voice activated dialing prompt has always been too loud and crackly (when it said PLEASE SAY YOUR COMMAND you couldn't understand what she said when using Bluetooth), it is finally fixed with 141/5.0

This is the best OS I've tried so far, encountered no problems and memory seems to recover well.
    05-02-09 01:06 PM
    This is the best OS I have been on yet.
    Browser is lightning fast.

Memory is amazing. Before this OS, I would start out around 34MB and end the day at about 17-20. Now I start in the high 30s, hang out most of the day in the 30s and end the day in the low 20s, never once dipping into the teens.

no typing lag at all. It's like typing on a regular keyboard.

No random reboots(haven't had any since .113 anyway)

Only issue I have, and it's not consistent is that randomly my ringtones will change. i.e I have a set ringtone for my dad, sometimes he will call and it will work as normal, and randomly he will call and it will be a different factory installed ring tone. Same goes for text messages. This is far from a deal breaker for me though.
    05-02-09 01:08 PM
    Has anyone else noticed more "little black clocks"?
    What about when it's in the cradle and the clock wont turn right side up.....

Those are 2 things Im getting......other then that, its all good...
    I said at the top of this page I'm getting less clock spin.

Does anybody read previous comments?
    05-02-09 01:15 PM
    I said at the top of this page I'm getting less clock spin.

Does anybody read previous comments?
    no 10chars
    05-02-09 01:39 PM
    ***BUMP***

10 Char
    05-02-09 07:20 PM
111 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD