Well, it's a nasty rainy day in Atlanta. I get up to my office and start to try to dry off, when I notice that my blackberry is no longer on my belt. Unfortunately... I KNOW that it was on my belt when I got out of my car. Well, I trudge back down to the parking lot. Mind you, I always park in the last spot because I'm a paranoid *****. 50 feet away I see it.... in the pouring rain on the downside of a hill as runoff goes by. I thought for sure I would be arranging services for my two week old curve. But no - the two piece leather holster kept the whole thing dry. I had a couple of drops on my screen but that's it!
    I feel like I dodged a bullet. Anyway, thought I'd share.
    have a good one!
    03-04-08 10:01 AM
    Very fortunate.. Cases and/or holsters are a must IMO.
    03-04-08 10:05 AM
    The blackberry guardian angel was looking after the berry that day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 10:12 AM
    Go buy a lottery ticket...this is your lucky day!!!
    03-04-08 10:29 AM
    spread some of that luck my way! i've been having a rough couple of weeks!

im glad your bberry is safe and sound, although it may have some minor mental damages from when you left it on the ground to fend for itself
    03-04-08 10:32 AM
    spread some of that luck my way! i've been having a rough couple of weeks!

im glad your bberry is safe and sound, although it may have some minor mental damages from when you left it on the ground to fend for itself
    it could have abandonment issues lol
    03-04-08 10:34 AM
    That was a close one!!! Now buy your Berry a drink after what you put it through =]
    03-04-08 10:35 AM
    eeeks, congrats that you found it. not often does something hit the ground in Atlanta and not find its way to a new owner soon after.

I should know, I unfortunately lost a Dash a couple of months back. Some kid found it before I got back to it and either the speaker no longer worked or he played an excellent round of charades. He would answer each time I called, but couldn't hear me. I offered $150 cash and a lesser model phone for its return.
    03-04-08 10:40 AM
    nice save...

glad for you.

blackberry negligence is a serious offense around here....

-db
    03-04-08 10:45 AM
    I probably would have added a few tears to the screen...I am clutch for dropping my phone and as others have pointed out a leather case has been my angel on more then one occasion!
    03-04-08 10:45 AM
    you have to develop the foot catch method...

you extend your foot with a slight up curve at the ankle and sort of "cup" the berry before impact...

think soccer (ok football adlen..) or hacky-sack...

you probably wont catch it...but you WILL minimize the damage if executed properly...

-db

how do i KNOW???

nevermind.
    03-04-08 10:48 AM
    nice daddybear when you posted that I had to laugh because I have almost perfected the foot bounce method of not hurting the berry!
    03-04-08 11:55 AM
    congrats on not messing up the berry.

what case are you using?
    03-04-08 11:59 AM
    I have been a fan of the foot bounce for years. Unfortunately, it has become habit to do that for EVERYTHING I drop...including knives at work. NOT GOOD lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-08 12:06 PM
    Y'all are craaaaaazy! I am a new Curve owner as of last night. God love em, AT&T jacked up not only my internet/email but also my text plan. GOOD JOB! Did talk to a lovely man from Canada tho!
    How safe are all the software suggestions on here?
    Thanks!
    03-04-08 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD