Can someone tell me what the differences are between the full version and the lite version?
    I requested an invite months ago and accepted that I'm never getting it. Haha.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 01:08 AM
    Well, I don't know what the differences are b/c I'm in the same boat as you. All I can say is SC Lite is the best Twitter app Ive used to date! I just uninstalled TinyTwitter....
    05-01-09 03:08 AM
    Just made a post on this in another thread. I'd say there were no differences and that it is the same version.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/soc...6/#post2440967
    05-01-09 03:23 AM
    I wish that were true but I just read a review on SC on Engadget & there are definitely more menu options,etc...on the full version.

05-01-09 03:32 AM
    So, I decided to install SC Lite over the "Full" version of SocialScope.

Firstly, SC Lite is ver 0.9.5.23
    The "Full" SC is ver 0.9.3

I only have one thing to say and that is that SC Lite has WAY more features than the current available version of SocialScope "Full". I'm about to blog about it with screenshots of SC Lite.
    05-01-09 06:18 AM
    So, I decided to install SC Lite over the "Full" version of SocialScope.

Firstly, SC Lite is ver 0.9.5.23
    The "Full" SC is ver 0.9.3

I only have one thing to say and that is that SC Lite has WAY more features than the current available version of SocialScope "Full". I'm about to blog about it with screenshots of SC Lite.
    Agreed...for those on SS 9.3 - Lite is an upgrade for sure with more features. I believe there is also a SS 9.5 out there too, so maybe there are differences between that and lite?
    05-01-09 08:30 AM
    I'm led to believe the full version has support for multiple accounts, the ability to save search as tabs and save group tabs on logout.

Last edited by scook94; 05-01-09 at 08:41 AM.
    05-01-09 08:38 AM
    Just tried to download SS & got an error message saying my device was imcompatable....even though they have a drop down menu with "Storm" on it ?
    05-01-09 10:48 AM
    The SocialScope Lite version has waaay more features than the full version. I think this is the one with the multiple Twitter clients, but I can't figure out how to set up the second one.

05-01-09 11:26 AM
    Just tried to download SS & got an error message saying my device was imcompatable....even though they have a drop down menu with "Storm" on it ?
    It still works though. Been using it with my Storm 9530 since last night. It just says may not work properly as a disclaimer but it still works.
    05-01-09 11:30 AM
    It still works though. Been using it with my Storm 9530 since last night. It just says may not work properly as a disclaimer but it still works.
    Ok Thanks will try again
    05-01-09 11:55 AM
    I think they will just be making the transition to a paid version and a free version. I feel like right now they're determining all of the features that the lite version needs
    05-01-09 12:28 PM
    I can't find the sc lite link. I imput my email and got the same alpha testing email I got weeks ago. Is it gone now? :-(

05-01-09 01:54 PM
    I can't find the sc lite link. I imput my email and got the same alpha testing email I got weeks ago. Is it gone now? :-(

It's gone. Apparently their servers got slammed harder than expected so they turned it off for now.

05-01-09 01:57 PM
    Bummer. Anyone have a link to it? Or is it tied to your PIN?

05-01-09 02:19 PM
    The SocialScope Lite version has waaay more features than the full version. I think this is the one with the multiple Twitter clients, but I can't figure out how to set up the second one.

Same here, I'm also trying to figure that out.
    05-01-09 02:28 PM
    This is only a guess but perhaps the "lite" reference is actually a marketing strategy. I would suspect that a popular app like this might move out of beta status and then start charging for it's usage. They might also offer a "lite" version that's also free for people that don't want full functionality (like multiple twitter accounts...etc).

Again, I have no reason to believe this, it's just a guess.
    05-01-09 02:30 PM
    Unbelievable, I missed out again.

05-01-09 05:30 PM
    I really like SocialScope Lite and it will probably be the main client I use because the UI is very nice.
    But in all honestly, sure its a great app but I don't think it is WORLDS apart from Twitterberry, TinyTwitter and UberTwitter.
    I think it was a case of people bragging because it was something they had that others didn't.
    UI is great but UberTwitter has potential to be better IMO.

05-01-09 05:39 PM
    I really like SocialScope Lite and it will probably be the main client I use because the UI is very nice.
    But in all honestly, sure its a great app but I don't think it is WORLDS apart from Twitterberry, TinyTwitter and UberTwitter.
    I think it was a case of people bragging because it was something they had that others didn't.
    UI is great but UberTwitter has potential to be better IMO.

You know what? I am beginning to think the same. I think I actually prefer UberTwitter.
    05-01-09 05:45 PM
    Don't get me wrong it is a really good app. It is SUPER clean but not as feature heavy as other clients.
    I like TinyTwitter a whole lot but had to get rid of it cause browsing timelines on a storm was painful.

05-01-09 06:01 PM
    Interesting reading. I never liked TwitterBerry, UberTwitter was okay but with gimicky features that I wouldn't use, plus features lacking until the next release. I really liked Tiny Twitters ease of use. SS Lite is streets ahead though, UI is awesome. TwitterBerry and UberTwitter have been deleted, but keeping Tiny Twitter as my backup.

05-01-09 06:50 PM
    I just received an email reply from SocialScope. They are changing the naming scheme-the current version of SocialScope is being renamed to SocialScope Lite.

05-02-09 12:03 AM
    I heard that SocialScope never actually intended to make SocialScope Lite publically available, was a mistake on their part and a good thing on our part!
    05-02-09 03:24 AM
    I heard that SocialScope never actually intended to make SocialScope Lite publically available, was a mistake on their part and a good thing on our part!
    I had wondered if they decided to release it because UberTwitter was making such a big noise on the forums?

05-02-09 03:39 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD