Does anybody know if its possible to run a nes emulator on bb storm? if it is......how ???

thanks
    04-30-09 07:45 PM
    I don't think anyone has, but I would be all for it, well if someone could design a control scheme for it that would work. I'm not a big fan of compatibility mode. That's my only complaint about all touchscreen phones is there's no way to know where your fingers are on the screen. If you build it they will come...
    04-30-09 10:33 PM
    I don't think anyone has, but I would be all for it, well if someone could design a control scheme for it that would work. I'm not a big fan of compatibility mode. That's my only complaint about all touchscreen phones is there's no way to know where your fingers are on the screen. If you build it they will come...
    I thought it was possible to use pocket nester on other BBs? oh well....
    05-01-09 05:29 PM
    Question: Can other BB's recognize two seperate button presses at the same time?

I'm asking because even if you could use another BB's PocketNester in compatibility mode, wouldn't you be hindered without multitouch?
    05-01-09 06:00 PM
    Question: Can other BB's recognize two seperate button presses at the same time?

I'm asking because even if you could use another BB's PocketNester in compatibility mode, wouldn't you be hindered without multitouch?
    i'm sure there is a way to solve that problem.
    05-03-09 07:52 AM
    Both nester and Vnes work with most BB's including the storm with some slight modifications. However the gameplay on them suck at this point since niether are really made for the storm/etc and most of what Ive seen is that the average fps is around sub 20.
    05-03-09 09:46 AM
    Both nester and Vnes work with most BB's including the storm with some slight modifications. However the gameplay on them suck at this point since niether are really made for the storm/etc and most of what Ive seen is that the average fps is around sub 20.
    I still am not sure how to go about getting it to my storm? Any ideas?
    05-03-09 08:48 PM
    I would like to also know how to get this to work on the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 09:08 PM
    VNes is allready offered in a mobile java format and works in compatiability mode according to other users on NES forums, Vampent :: vNes (NES emu) for the mobile version; however be warned its a pain in the rear to get working, and is extremly buggy and slow since its not made specifically for BB. I am working on a Storm emu, but it is slow work because its not just a slap together and port someone elses work project. That and my experiance with J2me is pretty limited coming from C and .asm.

Edit: Theres also one called BerryNes which is a "hacked" version of Vnes Free Smartphone Downloads - Games & Multimedia - PinStack.com

Eitherway GL

Last edited by Kaus; 05-29-09 at 09:50 PM.
    05-29-09 08:37 PM
    @Kaus that would be amazing if you could that emu workin!
    05-31-09 08:23 PM
    @Kaus that would be amazing if you could that emu workin!
    The above Emu's allready work on the storm in compatability mode, the pictures I posted are current and are of the VNES project.. The emu I'm working on is pretty much from the ground up and is a long way if ever away. At this point it's more of a project to have fun with as this is the second nes emu I have worked on except this time I'm going at it alone :-)
    Last edited by Kaus; 06-01-09 at 04:43 PM.
    06-01-09 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the help! I will try them out and look forward to trying a emu that you have made kaus!!!
    06-08-09 09:10 PM
    Which version do i need to download from VNES?? I'd love to have these on my phone
    06-08-09 09:37 PM
    Any update Kaus?
    11-19-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD