I've been trying all day to get my Storm to connect to my computer but it's not recognizing it. The clock comes up on the device when it is connected but desktop manager does not recognize it. I have Windows Vista. The computer only shows "USB Device Not Recognized" I've also tried it on Windows XP, on XP there is no notification saying that the device hasn't been recognized but the clock on the blackberry comes up. I've searched for answers but all of the threads mentioning this problem are left unanswered. Please help me out. I bought this unlocked BlackBerry Storm and am using it on T-Mobile.. Has anyone tried reinstalling the OS with CrackMem or something?
    04-30-09 04:02 PM
    mine did that this morning after updating to .141, all i did was switch usb ports a couple times and somehow it worked.

try a battery pull?
    04-30-09 04:21 PM
    I've tried battery pull, uninstall and reinstall, rebooting the computer, switching usb ports, switching computers, etc.
    04-30-09 04:25 PM
    So I've been looking around and it seems that to upgrade on the storm you just install the os to your computer and delete the vendor file and open desktop manager.. is that true? Why so different from how you upgrade on other BBs? Any other way to upgrade on the storm? I'm hoping I can upgrade my OS via another program and hopefully after the upgrade it will show up on desktop manager.
    04-30-09 05:27 PM
    yes that sounds correct, just delete the vendor file. i believe that is if you are trying to install an upgrade that is from another carrier.

i dont know of any other way to upgrade the storm, there is desktop manager and apploader. the apploader is around the vendor file area somewhere. thats all i know.
    05-01-09 09:30 AM
    Several other suggestions:

Have you installed the USB drivers?

What options do you have set in Options>Memory? Make sure Media Card Support is "ON", Media Transfer Protocal (MTP) is "on" and Mass Storage Mode Support is "on". Then for Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: set to "Prompt"
    05-01-09 11:57 AM
    jajajjaajjaajja!!!!!!!! guess wat i had same issue and i read so many thing and i try a few the succesful one is jus plug and unplug ur bb from the usb wire a few time its a reboot driver it works
    09-14-10 11:35 PM
    bro m not kidding.......but putiing on n off the port helped me finally. if after connecting it shows 'usb device not recognised" just do it again and again......n it will just get connected one tym....but for this u gotta have lots of patience. i just did this trick on m bold 9000 n finally it got connected n finally i installed the os back 1
    04-23-13 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD