Ok...sorry for the length, but I want to get the best possible responses. I have had TMO for years now, and I recently had the DASH, well I just moved and had ZERO service in my new place so I was on the phone with TMO for over 3 hours saying I wanted a blackberry bc it had WIFI and I was already on my FOURTH DASH!!! Well they said I qualified for an exchange for a diff phone MONTHS ago since I had 4 dashes (that no one told me), well after 3 hours they mailed me a BB Curve 8320-for free. I am in ***LOVE**** with BB now lol, however, I can be on the net/im/twitter/facebook/texting, etc..NO PROBLEMS...the second I go to make a call or my phone rings, I can only be on the phone for no more than 2 mins when the WIFI drops (however, my wifi connection at home is flawless) and never drops when I am on the computer and cell @ the same time. Someone told me the 8900 has kick *** WIFI, but i cannot afford $409 (my upgrade price?) for the phone!! All the problems I had with TMO and I dont know what to do. I cannot upgrade to a new OS (bc I have the latest for this phone according to their website) and have absolutely no clue how to get a cheaper 8900. I am a newbie to BB and want to stay with BB! Its been amazing, but I feel that all of the crap I went through (4 dashes!!!!!) and thats dashes alone..any suggestions on anything here?!?! Thanks everyone! This site has helped me so much since I got my BB!
    04-30-09 11:51 AM
    I just received my 8900 last week. My situation is a bit different. On the website I was offered $409 with a 2 yr extension, pricey but I really wanted to upgrade from my 8320. When I went back to the site about 2 weeks later to get the 8900 I wasn't offered the $409 only the retail $499. Went in store and was told that it would be $499. Called Customer Service and explained that I was not offered the online discount anymore. The rep offered $409 after rebate. Unacceptable because the discount was instant online with a 2 yr extension. Hung up and called again. The 2nd rep asked which color did I want the 8900 in?! Are you serious?! After I explained to him that the 8900 only came in one freakin’ color he told me that it was not able available for me. Again, are you serious? When he finally found the 8900, he said that the website only offers the retail price for me and that there wasn’t anything that he could do. Oh and I forgot to mention that he admitted that there was an error on my online account due to “system upgrades.” Yea right! I asked to speak to a supervisor. After about 10 mins on hold lovely Raven comes on the line. I explain everything to her and magically she is able to see the offer that no longer appears on the website for me. Amazingly, she was able to pull up and an even better offer. Long story short, I paid $208 after rebate and they overnighted it! So I shared all of this to say keep calling until you get what you want! Threaten to cancel. Ask for compensation for your frustrations. Go for it dude!
    04-30-09 12:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply! I called TMO, told them my problem and my past problems and they just ordered me an 8900 for $149 added to my account!
    04-30-09 01:13 PM
    Ok...sorry for the length, but I want to get the best possible responses. I have had TMO for years now, and I recently had the DASH, well I just moved and had ZERO service in my new place so I was on the phone with TMO for over 3 hours saying I wanted a blackberry bc it had WIFI and I was already on my FOURTH DASH!!! Well they said I qualified for an exchange for a diff phone MONTHS ago since I had 4 dashes (that no one told me), well after 3 hours they mailed me a BB Curve 8320-for free. I am in ***LOVE**** with BB now lol, however, I can be on the net/im/twitter/facebook/texting, etc..NO PROBLEMS...the second I go to make a call or my phone rings, I can only be on the phone for no more than 2 mins when the WIFI drops (however, my wifi connection at home is flawless) and never drops when I am on the computer and cell @ the same time. Someone told me the 8900 has kick *** WIFI, but i cannot afford $409 (my upgrade price?) for the phone!! All the problems I had with TMO and I dont know what to do. I cannot upgrade to a new OS (bc I have the latest for this phone according to their website) and have absolutely no clue how to get a cheaper 8900. I am a newbie to BB and want to stay with BB! Its been amazing, but I feel that all of the crap I went through (4 dashes!!!!!) and thats dashes alone..any suggestions on anything here?!?! Thanks everyone! This site has helped me so much since I got my BB!
    About 2 weeks ago, My Dash broke and TMO did sent me new one and TMO said I am quailfy upgrades any phone also 8900, I asked them I want 8900 and returned new Dash unopened box back to warehouse, for 8900 I get 4 month installment payment on my bill $total 140. with 2 yrs contact, I am glad you got 8900 as mine too.

I love 8900 far over than Dash

dg
    04-30-09 01:31 PM
    Welcome to the 8900 club. You will fall madly in love!
    04-30-09 01:34 PM
    after many calls to tmo myself, i got them to give me the 8900 for 129
    04-30-09 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the replies! well yeah, after 4 dashes, i finally found out about their exchange program that the manager told me they do NOT TELL customers this because most will buy a **** phone then exchange it for a great one...however...they should have looked at my account and saw that after FOUR friggin' dash's over the years that i was NOT one of those people lol so it royally pissed me off...so i guess getting at $500 phone for $149 i cannot complain--now, they said that the WIFI on the 8900 is FAR FAR better than the 8320--can anyone vouch for this? bc thats how i am using my cell in my house-using my internet wifi!?
    04-30-09 02:03 PM
    I can vouch that the 8900 is better than the 8320, but I never had a problem with either dropping calls. Have you gone through the wifi set-up guide to double check your setting?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

And here's a guide to set up your router. Both are very good and complete. Good Luck!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/um...+setup+for+uma

Also, T-Mobile has a router setup department if you continue to have problems with dropped calls after going through he guides. Call CS, ask for blackberry smart phone department, then ask for the router people to help with trouble shooting UMA problems.

BTW, good going on getting that price for your 8900. I didn't even get close to that - had to have it before it got to the stores, couldn't wait, nooooo, just had to have it!
    Last edited by exelant; 04-30-09 at 02:40 PM.
    04-30-09 02:35 PM
    I have had really good luck with wi-fi on my phone. I use it at home and it works like a charm.

T-mobile frustrates me to no end sometimes...
    I don't want to switch carriers though because I love my phone and they have great service here are so cheap!
    04-30-09 02:46 PM
    i've never had an issue with the 8320 or the 8900..i have both, and they both work perfectly on wifi

by the way..i think i'm in love with chicblondegeek
    04-30-09 02:54 PM
    by the way..i think i'm in love with chicblondegeek
    lol, you are making me blush!
    04-30-09 02:58 PM
    You're gonna lurve your Curve!

I had probs with G1. It'd been replaced 3 times in a very short time due to software glitches. T-Mo was great and hooked me up with a killer deal to upgrade to the 8900, too. I haven't looked back once. BB is the way to go!
    04-30-09 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD