I did a search but have found too much pertaining to reminders but nothing specific to my problem.

My reminders work for everything except for recurring events. All my birthday reminders just do not remind me.

It worked fine before I upgraded to 247 from 162.

I also sync with outlook.

Any ideas or anyone else with the same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 08:07 AM
    Anybody?

04-30-09 06:04 PM
    I had the same problem. Had to change birthdays from an all day event to a timed event.
    04-30-09 06:06 PM
    You got to be kidding me.

I have 1500 contacts and they are synched with my outlook address book which holds the birthdays in the birthday field. I cant change them, I just want a simple reminder!

It was working on 162 and now nothing on 247. I wonder if I upgrade to 266 if it will work again.
    04-30-09 06:16 PM
    Can't answer that question for you. Just know after updating to 4.5 on my curve I had to make the stated changes. I perform the change as the birthday pops up.
    04-30-09 08:55 PM
    I did a search but have found too much pertaining to reminders but nothing specific to my problem.

My reminders work for everything except for recurring events. All my birthday reminders just do not remind me.

It worked fine before I upgraded to 247 from 162.

I also sync with outlook.

Any ideas or anyone else with the same issue?

Had this issue as well when I upgraded to 247, but when i upgraded to 266 from 247(which was yesterday) all my recurring events came back and they are all back to normal, the only issue now is that I have double recurring events because I had entered them again while I was on 247 and will have to delete one of each occurrence(should not take me too long).

All I can think of is that the 247 upgrade had some glitches with the calendar app and that 266 does not have those same problems.

maybe someone else has some more insight on the issue.
    04-30-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD