Why do you care soooooo much about an "official" release. I'm with Telus have had 5 diffrent Blackberries and upgraded OS about 15 times (more than half on storm )Not 1, I repeat NOT ONE has been an official Telus OS. If you are in this section you should be smarter than the average blackberry user, yet everyone keeps talking about the verizon release like all of a sudden that's it! the cure has been found and the storm is now perfect! If you upgrade to the verizon Os will you not delete the vendor file? ( I bet you will) will you not upgrade to a new Os the minute it comes out (i bet you will) so please please stop with this magical OS. It will not be that good, it is not worth the hoopla.

PS sorry for the rant but you deserve it and guess what I'm not running the telus .122 os , I'm Running .132 "beta'
    Last edited by Branta; 04-29-09 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Profanity moderated
    04-29-09 03:53 PM
    For people who have Macs and can't upgrade. That's a large reason for everyone wanting the official OS
    04-29-09 03:56 PM
    Well number one, not everyone is on CrackBerry who owns a Storm or any blackberry for that matter. Even those who are on CrackBerry, some don't feel comfortable upgrading to a BETA OS. They'd prefer an "official". And number two this should be in Rants & Raves.

And a side note, not every BETA is flawless, some are expecting the official to better if not the beloved "gold code".
    04-29-09 03:57 PM
    An official release is apparently very important for those hoping to take advantage of BES or something like that.

More than anything though, it shouldn't be the responsibility of individuals kind enough to provide us with information and leaked firmware to support the product we purchased from someone else.
    Last edited by Branta; 04-29-09 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Abusive language in quoted text
    04-29-09 03:58 PM
    yeah all those people who have macs have to use friends pc's to get upgrades so an official would be great as my friend always asks to use my laptop to get his leaks...and youre on telus, i agree with Joel why do you care??
    04-29-09 03:58 PM
    Anyone on CrackBerry should be "smarter than the average bear", and I don't know why they are clamoring for an official either. Now, for the masses that are not members of the CrackBerry family, I would like VZW to release an official because it will improve the performance their Storms and improve the Storms overall image. I'm running .132 and I couldn't be happier.
    04-29-09 04:00 PM
    He is angry because most of the posts concern VZW users. He is also probably a little ornry because the VZW release will be a higher release and Telus shat on him with .122. But at least they gave enough of a shat to get their customers an upgrade.

You all forget that we all are such a small percentage of the Storm using population. You would all also probably be amazed at the number of Storm users out there that have no frigin clue that there has or will be another upgrade.

EDIT: Look at every post in this thread and you will see what I mean about the majority of threads populated by VZW stormers.
    04-29-09 04:02 PM
    In this particular instance, people are excited about a potential VZW official release because there is some speculation that it will be a build that has not already been leaked. If that indeed turns out to be the case, even those of us who update to every leak would have something to look forward to.
    04-29-09 04:08 PM
    PS sorry for the rant but you deserve it and guess what I'm not running the telus .122 os , I'm Running .132 "beta'
    I second all of the valid points already made in this thread and also point out that we have a separate section for rants and raves. If you are in this section you should be smart enough to know that.
    04-29-09 04:08 PM
    Just an example of why people wait. Today I received a desktop manager update over the web on my laptop. I was curious, so I applied it (like an *****). Now I'm on 132 and have no way to backup my device. It no workie.

Before everyone starts giving advice, don't worry ill fix it. But for the poor masses who barely know how to log onto their pc's. This is who VZW is worried about. They s**k BTW.

TheWitness

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by TheWitness; 04-29-09 at 04:50 PM.
    04-29-09 04:10 PM
    I am away at school without any land line. I am not willing to put some random hybrid someone made as onto my only phone. That is why I am waiting for an official.
    04-29-09 04:21 PM
    Because I want try the oTa link.

04-29-09 04:37 PM
    Becaue 90% of the people in my company that have the storm are on .65 or .75. Most aren't comfortable updating or using a beta OS. I'm in IT i have no desire to update however many thousand BB's we have to beta OS'es. When verizon releases an official update we can just email them to do it OTA. Makes mine and their lives alot better.
    04-29-09 04:51 PM
    Dude, not everyone can use the leaked os. Company's don't allow it. So an official release is what they need to correct some issues they are having. And yea, why DO you care what Verizon customers are saying?
    04-29-09 04:51 PM
    We bought four of the Storms, and although I'm comfortable with upgrading my own and my wife's, there's no way I want to take on tech support for a beta OS for my dad, or worse, my mom.
    04-29-09 05:01 PM
    Why aren't you running the 141 java files?
    Last edited by Branta; 04-29-09 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Abusive language in quoted text
    04-29-09 05:02 PM
    Why aren't you running the 141 java files?
    heard bad reviews about it
    04-29-09 05:13 PM
    For people who have Macs and can't upgrade. That's a large reason for everyone wanting the official OS
    You mean for Mac people who either won't purchase a copy of Vista or move an existing copy. Boot camp comes free with Mac, you can run it there or you can purchase VMware and run windows and Mac simultaneously.
    04-29-09 05:17 PM
    An official release is apparently very important for those hoping to take advantage of BES or something like that.

More than anything though, it shouldn't be the responsibility of individuals kind enough to provide us with information and leaked firmware to support the product we purchased from someone else.
    I've seen the reference to BES made a number of times. Forgive my ignorance if this is a stupid question, but what role does BES vs. non-BES play in a user being able to load up a leaked OS? I am in a BES environment with corporate policies enabled, and I have downloaded and installed every leak there has been so far without issue. Once call to the IT Helpdesk for a new Enterprise Activation password, and I am off to the races.
    04-29-09 05:32 PM

Yup..... running a leaked OS in a production BES environment would be akin to running Windows 7 Public Beta as the primary OS on your PC in a Windows Active Directory environment..... Which would LIKELY violate IT policy.
    04-29-09 05:35 PM
    Once call to the IT Helpdesk for a new Enterprise Activation password, and I am off to the races.
    Because depending on where you work, and your IT policy, that call to the IT helpdesk MIGHT raise the question "Why do you need the password?" - and the answer "Because I updated to a leaked OS" COULD very well get you fired.

It'd be like the Windows 7 scenario again. Say one of my users asked to be added to the Domain, and when I said "Why isn't your PC on the domain?" and the user answered "Because I installed Windows 7" that user would PROBABLY end up in trouble.
    04-29-09 05:37 PM
    Yup..... running a leaked OS in a production BES environment would be akin to running Windows 7 Public Beta as the primary OS on your PC in a Windows Active Directory environment..... Which would LIKELY violate IT policy.
    Funny, all of our BES admins who have Storms are running leaks. There is nothing in the policy that appears to be OS specific. My device has behaved the same from an IT policy perspective with every leak I have loaded.
    04-29-09 05:41 PM
    I want an official not because its the second coming of jesus and it will then become the ultimate device. No. I don't think anyone has this in there head. I want to have a good os that will be backed by verizon. Don't wanna worry about downgrading before returning my phone everytime...

04-29-09 05:44 PM
    All participants please keep the discussion civil and compliant with CrackBerry.com Rules and Guidelines.

If the trolling and flame bait continues this thread will be closed and appropriate action may be taken against offenders.

Thank you for your cooperation
    04-29-09 05:45 PM
    Funny, all of our BES admins who have Storms are running leaks. There is nothing in the policy that appears to be OS specific. My device has behaved the same from an IT policy perspective with every leak I have loaded.
    I don't mean policy as in something akin to Group Policy; I mean POLICY as in "the rules" --- alot of corporate IT policies SPECIFICALLY PROHIBIT UNRELEASED/BETA SOFTWARE. Any OS beyond 4.7.0.75 for the Verizon Wireless 9530 Storm IS technically UNRELEASED. Even .122, since that is in now way official for Verizon.

You're stuck on talking about the IT policy where YOU work, alot of places are nowheres near as lax.
    04-29-09 05:46 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD