One of my users is traveling and has a weird icon that showed up on his Verizon storm a couple days ago. One of the other travelers took the picture (sorry it's blurry), but he describes it as a red box with a white checkmark in it. Any ideas?
    04-29-09 09:17 AM
    that is a little hard to see...where on the screen - which quadrant?
    04-29-09 09:19 AM
    One of my users is traveling and has a weird icon that showed up on his Verizon storm a couple days ago. One of the other travelers took the picture (sorry it's blurry), but he describes it as a red box with a white checkmark in it. Any ideas?
    its visual voice mail...u can just delete it or sign up for it i think its like 2.99 a month

or do you mean at the top of the screen?
    04-29-09 09:20 AM
    if you install captureit and provide us that screenshot, it would be much easier to see.
    04-29-09 09:20 AM
    that's what I was thinking it was...I personally don't think it's very useful...I deleted it
    04-29-09 09:21 AM
    its visual voice mail...u can just delete it or sign up for it i think its like 2.99 a month
    he's talking about the notifier icon with a "1" next to it at the center top, not the visual voicemail.
    04-29-09 09:21 AM
    i know but i think its the notifier for visual voice mail i could be wrong but i think its a notifier option for that application..
    04-29-09 09:24 AM
    I think that's a calendar entry ( urgent or something ). Tell him to open the calendar and check. I am pretty sure it is either a task, or a calendar reminder.
    04-29-09 09:27 AM
    I have verizons visual voicemail and that's not the notification. I've never seen that one.
    04-29-09 09:28 AM
    i know but i think its the notifier for visual voice mail i could be wrong but i think its a notifier option for that application..
    i'm not sure what it is, but definitely not visual voicemail. my instincts tell me either something to do with their calendar, tasks, or some other third party software they installed that i'm unaware of.
    04-29-09 09:31 AM
    i just looked through all the notifiers listed and that isnt one of them...is it possible its something third party we are not seeing>?
    04-29-09 09:31 AM
    Does he have any third party applications. More likely it's one of them telling him he has a message of some sort. That symbol does not meet any 9530 indicators that are list in the manual that i see.
    04-29-09 09:34 AM
    We have an IT policy in place to prohibit 3rd party installs, and he's not one of the folks i consider tech-savvy enough to provide an exception for. And yes, it's the icon in the top center of the picture with the number 1 next to it. He said he's checked his email, calendar, tasks, and voicemail and everything seems clear. It's possible he got himself signed up for visual voicemail as it was pre-loaded on the Storm we got. I believe he'll be back in the office on Thursday, so in case nobody knows, I'll get it from him and see if I can figure it out and post my results...
    04-29-09 09:37 AM
    it is some kind of 3rd party application wheter installed by him or the IT dept. i have been trying to find a replication of it but cant seem to locate it...need a list of apps he has
    04-29-09 09:42 AM
    Try a batt pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 10:40 AM
    I think what he is talking about is the Vcast. You can pay for it if you want to watch tv shows on your storm. I just hide the icon.
    04-29-09 11:16 AM
    Looks like a "Tasks" icon indicator.
    04-29-09 11:19 AM
    I think what he is talking about is the Vcast. You can pay for it if you want to watch tv shows on your storm. I just hide the icon.
    No he isn't, its the icon next to the number 1 at the top center, he is talking about.
    04-29-09 11:22 AM
    Looks like a "Tasks" icon indicator.
    Yes its a "Task" icon. I've seen this before whenever theres a pending task reminder.
    Last edited by djrams; 04-29-09 at 11:29 AM.
    04-29-09 11:25 AM
    No he isn't, its the icon next to the number 1 at the top center, he is talking about.
    Holly crap you could see that i had to go back and look at the pic again.
    04-29-09 11:28 AM
    Yes its a "Task" icon. I've seen this before whenever theres a pending task reminder.
    I think it a task icon also. If he doesn't have any task reminders, battery pull should fix it.
    04-29-09 01:09 PM
    It's a High Priority Task that's due. I tested it on mine, here's a better screen shot...

He can a) turn off wireless sync to (i'm assuming) outlook
    or b) complete his damn tasks on time!
    Last edited by LoSt180; 04-29-09 at 03:22 PM.
    04-29-09 03:13 PM
    "The case of the anonymous alert."

Kinda has a nice ring to it.

A list of his apps would be helpful.
    04-29-09 05:05 PM
    I got hold of the device and installed capture-it myself and have attached the screenshot. It does appear to be a task reminder (funny that's not in the manual anywhere), however he has no tasks due, and no pending reminders when I checked. So I pulled the battery and it cleared itself. Thanks for the help and insight everyone!
    04-30-09 11:26 AM
    Hi guys. I got a new storm this week and I am trying to get rid of the weird icon on the RIGHT upper corner. Not the icon that the OP was referring to but the other one on the right just below the signal strength indicator that has a circle on a cross with 3 waves in front of it. Anyone know what that is and how I can remove it?
    Last edited by ADberry; 06-06-09 at 03:02 PM.
    06-06-09 02:52 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD