I must admit since turning 30 a few years ago I have lost the sense of what is cool and what is not. So here i ask - should i buckle up and wear a belt clip holster or should i conceal my sexy bold ?
    04-29-09 07:16 AM
    I have mine holstered, but then again I'm 38. I'll have to ask my daughter!
    04-29-09 07:20 AM
    Tons of men use a holster even some woman...i've seen a few that actually wear two because they have two phones. its not a matter of being "cool" it is about protecting your phone. i say do it.
    04-29-09 07:32 AM
    I do both. There are times when I put mine in a holster. There are other times I put it in a case. Depends on what I'm wearing and doing throughout my day. Whatever you do make sure it's protected...
    04-29-09 07:37 AM
    No holster... please
    04-29-09 07:59 AM
    Stay with the times old man! lol j/k. I've used a holster for every phone I've owned. It's not a matter of being cool but rather the convenience factor of having it right there instead of having to dig into your pocket to get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:03 AM
    Most of the time, pocket.... But every now and then I use a holster.
    04-29-09 08:05 AM
    I ended up buying a leather holster and a rubber skin. Each one serves a good purpose when you go out. You can have it protected in a case or just put a skin on it and stick it in your pocket (with no change or keys in it..lol)
    04-29-09 08:11 AM
    Not a holster fan at all. I use a invisible skin total body on my BB and either carry it in a pocket or in my hand. Never have had a problem. IMO a holster is more problem that it is worth, its either in the way while sitting or driving or have the fear of it falling out
    04-29-09 08:23 AM
    I always use my holster because I need my pockets for other stuff and I don't want it to scratch my phone. My shirt covers it anyway, I don't even want other people to know I have a berry.
    04-29-09 08:29 AM
    i don't use a holster and i'm still at look at me a have a blackberry...who cares really? i paid enough money to show it off it i feel the need to, but thanks for your input!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-29-09 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Removed quote of deleted post
    04-29-09 08:33 AM
    really, did you holster the phone you had before your blackberry.

Yea I did. There's obvious drawbacks to it, but it's just most convenient for me. Everyone's different, but to use a holster just for looks is pretty ridiculous IMO.
    04-29-09 08:44 AM
    I use a holster when I'm working and one of 2 different snap cases (Body Glove and Sedio) when I'm not.

Just ordered the Black Berry Heavy Duty Leather case that comes with the 8350i for my 8330. I should be able to fit the 8330 in there while using one of the rubber skins at the same time. This will be my new set up for work if it fits nicely.

As far as style goes unless your all business suited up I would stay away from the leather case on your belt but not at the cost of what you feel is the best protection for your BB.

I think no matter what when I see a phone case on someone's hip I can't help but think of being at work.
    Last edited by mkurz12; 04-29-09 at 09:06 AM.
    04-29-09 09:03 AM
    I rock the aircraft aluminum case with clip-in holster. I love it. Protects the phone including the screen, as well as conveniently keeps it out of my pocket. Being the tool-room clerk in my motorpool as well as a mechanic, I just hold far too many keys to attempt the pocket carry, haha
    04-29-09 09:15 AM
    Simply put being "cool", at it's heart, is about not caring what others think and doing what feels right to you.

I use a holster because that is the easiest way for me to access my phone. I'm not trying to show off my BlackBerry, I'm trying to use it

If things are culturally differnt in other lands, I'll be concerend about that should I travel there.
    04-29-09 09:20 AM
    I use to rock holsters a few years ago. I don't think younger people rock them anymore. I kinda knock my wife about her holstering her E-71. Idk, it looks ok for guys, but not on a girl. I like the back pocket look on girls. How it sticks halfway out.

Man them tight *** jeans. lol
    04-29-09 10:54 AM
    I got a holster for mine because the leather cases seemed too bulky on an already big phone. It looks nice good and does the job for me.

04-29-09 11:02 AM
    On a man I don't even think twice about a holster, but I think they look best when you're in business attire. On a woman I think they look goofy on belts, but I do have a leather pouch (Bond Street from Incipio, intended for the Bold but also fits the Storm). I keep it clipped it to purse strap, unless it's raining like it is today and then I put the whole thing into my bag and zip it up in a dry cocoon! lol. I was so soaked even with an umbrella that I had to change clothes, but my Storm was dry...

Re: having no excuse for a holster when you have pockets... I have a purse that I could fit a small child in so it's not a matter of lack of space, it's the fact that as long as the weather is suitable, my phone is safer not plunging to the depths of my purse. So I can't really fault a man for not using an available pocket.
    Last edited by zazzified; 04-29-09 at 11:09 AM.
    04-29-09 11:05 AM
    holster man... so you never the phone.. or misplace it.. after your done with a call slip it back into the holster.. and your good to go
    04-29-09 11:07 AM
    I'm 21 and use a holster most the time. I like putting it holster because there's lint in my pockets.
    04-29-09 11:17 AM
    If you wanna be cool, just buy a skin for the phone.
    04-29-09 11:19 AM
    I think that wearing a holster is much like tryng to pull off the fanny-pack look. Very NOT cool...but then again it can be functional. I personally find that there are other ways to protect one's sacred BlackBerry without resorting to the holster/fanny-pack look, but do whatever makes your bum hum!

04-29-09 11:21 AM
    The snap in holsters are nice. They go face in so it doesn't scratch the screen up
    04-29-09 11:28 AM
    Since this is about carry options and not the BB, per se, I moved
    it here as it is probably more appropriate and should get more attention.
    04-29-09 11:39 AM
    I'm not sure if by "holster" you mean the plastic snap in/out style, or the leather pouch-style holsters. I run a mobility store, and I can tell you that at least 70% of the cases we sell are to men 30+, but almost all the damaged screens are from people that don't use any cases.

I don't know what that says about being cool, but I do know if you want to protect your phone (especially ones with large, exposed screens), use a case of some kind.

If you're using a hoslter or case on your belt, make sure you finished having children with all that radiation around the junk area.

That said, I use a small horizontal pouch (on the belt!) and I don't care who thinks it's cool or not!
    04-29-09 11:40 AM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD