I have a 8330 curve and its telling me i have one new unread message

i have gone through my entire inbox to all of my email acounts and there is not a single message that is unopened. i have tried the "open all prior" option but still no luck, i have even deleted all my accounts and re-added to the phone, but it still thinks i have a new message.
    does anyone know what causes this? and how to fix it?

thanks in advance
    04-28-09 10:36 PM
    Have you checked to see if it's a missed call? It could also be a saved message. If you go to your "messages" folder and hit u that will show any unread messages.
    04-28-09 10:38 PM
    cleared all my calls, and deleted any saved messages

ive gone into my messages folder, and everything has been opened
    but it still says " Messages (1 Unread) " and i have the little icon in the top saying there is a new message

= /
    04-28-09 11:02 PM
    What type of icon is it on this message?
    04-28-09 11:03 PM
    Just go to the top date and do delete prior, it will go away. That is an issue with older generation bb's

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:05 PM
    Deleted all prior messages, there are 0 messages on my phone, but its still saying I have a new message on my home screen

The icon is a little #1 with a un opened envelope beside it

04-28-09 11:10 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull to see if that will delete it?
    04-28-09 11:12 PM
    Next up is always a batt pull. Deleteing all prior usually takes care of it though

04-28-09 11:16 PM
    I experienced this recently, and so did a few others. There is actually another thread dealing with this.

In my case, the only thing that solved it was an actual physical battery pull.

And I never did find out what was causing it!

04-28-09 11:24 PM
    This happened to me, I came to find out that it was a message in my default "messages" folder, you know the folder that all messages go to, the problem was, I had hid that long ago. I was at my wits end when I read another post on here & it reminded me about it, so when I checked it, BINGO, there was an unread message telling me that my handheld had been registered with the wireless network, since then I've had no problems! If you haven't yet, check that folder!
    04-29-09 07:41 AM
    It's in there somewhere. It's probably not a text message. Did you switch themes recently? Some themes change it. I bet it's in a folder somewhere. Go to just your e-mail app and see what's there.

If you did a battery pull and it's still there then you have a message somewhere. Could be a voice mail. I forgot what that icon looks like.
    04-29-09 07:53 AM
    Mine does this for my Gmail app. I have the default messages , my work email and gmail folders in my top 10 ( on my theme) they update first. Then a few mins' later the Gmail app will show a message...same message in the Gmail folder on the top ten. If I read it in the Gmail folder it won't show up as read in the Gmail app until I read it in the app. Sometimes this hangs up and displays the message alert till I read it in Gmail app.

Not sure if that made sense?

J
    04-29-09 11:10 AM
    Yeah it can do that. Sometimes mine won't give me the myspace alert sound or put that I have a new message on top and the red light will still go off because I have a message. I go to messages and don't see it at first because for some reason it's not at the top and I have to scroll down.

I have had text messages where I had to scroll down too they weren't at top like usual.
    04-29-09 02:27 PM
    Just go to the top date and do delete prior, it will go away. That is an issue with older generation bb's

Better yet is going to the top and clicking "Mark Prior Read". This way you don't have to delete your messages, AND it accomplishes the goal of not having "unread" messages.

Also, I think this is caused sometimes by reading a message before the berry is actually ready to tell you that its there. EXAMPLE: The blackberry will not notify you of a facebook message until it downloads the content. So, sometimes, if I open it up before it is downloaded/notifies me, it won't notify me, and a facebook icon without the "new message" indicator stays on top in the banner and I have to mark everything as read so the phone knows.
    04-29-09 02:32 PM
    This happened to me, I came to find out that it was a message in my default "messages" folder, you know the folder that all messages go to, the problem was, I had hid that long ago. I was at my wits end when I read another post on here & it reminded me about it, so when I checked it, BINGO, there was an unread message telling me that my handheld had been registered with the wireless network, since then I've had no problems! If you haven't yet, check that folder!
    This is what solved it for me on my 8900!!!!

Took a while to be able to find the folder (again long ago filed away hidden etc), and in it was an unread message from my carrier telling me that there was a software update available available (So maybe this has been a problem for a few people as t-mo issued/notified me of an 8900 update on 08/27)

Thanks, the unread icon had only been there for a couple of days but was already irritating me more than it should have... :-)
    Last edited by theboywil; 08-28-09 at 10:53 AM.
    08-28-09 10:50 AM
    I have the same thing since the newest 4.5.0.131 was added. Reinstalled op sys and reregistered email accts. Nothing changes it. A one unread email indicator shows up after a day or so. Uninstalling anything seems to remove it, but it comes back. I have not tried to go back to an old op sys.

I might just wait till the 8530 comes to Sprint.
    10-05-09 07:36 AM
    Battery pull worked
    05-03-10 01:18 AM
    FL_Patriot_Fan you are my hero! haha I was trying to figure out HOW to get rid of my two "unchecked" e-mails ... ahhh it was driving me INSANE!!

so thanks you for your help! lol

Cheers,
    FJay
    05-08-10 10:03 AM
    I have an icon on my blackberry curve that says i have 4 unread myspace messages but i've read all my messages already...what does this mean?
    05-21-10 01:09 PM
    Scroll up to highlight the day/date, press left menu button and click on mark prior read.!!:straight-face
    09-21-15 07:49 PM
    And the award for thread resurrector goes to..

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD