hey guys I got the app error 523 that pops up on my phone while it is booting up after trying to update to the 5.0/.132 hybrid OS

this phone is a replacement that just came in the mail, but was working fine until the update

i cannot seem to wipe the phone to try a fresh install no matter what i do

tried JL_cmder, CrackUtil, and CrackMem and NONE of them will connect to the phone to wipe it

what can i do?

thanks.
    04-28-09 06:18 PM
    double post... both in wrong forum, panic mode huh?!
    04-28-09 06:21 PM
    Try taking out your battery while trying to connect

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 06:22 PM
    Wow way to help out doid....good job

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    nik... he had two posts... i directed him to the correct forum on the other post as i do not know the answer... so yea, i did help

your post helped him quite a bit too, huh?
    04-28-09 06:29 PM
    thank you mods!
    04-28-09 06:33 PM
    Please try to avoid making multiple threads on the same topic. What to do if JL_Cmder will not connect and work:

1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)

2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions in 2a)
    2a)

From C:\ prompt type:

cd Program Files <hit enter>
    cd Common Files <hit enter>
    cd Research In Motion <hit enter>
    cd AppLoader <hit enter>
    3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running

4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC

5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:

loader.exe /nojvm
    Installation
    1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open

2. Click on Next

3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry

4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN

If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
    a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS
    04-28-09 06:33 PM
    Please try to avoid making multiple threads on the same topic. What to do if JL_Cmder will not connect and work:

1. Start a Command Prompt in DOS from the PC (Start >> All Programs >> Accessories >> Command Prompt)

2. Change the directory to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

If you do not know how to navigate to this directory follow instructions in 2a)
    2a)

From C:\ prompt type:

cd Program Files <hit enter>
    cd Common Files <hit enter>
    cd Research In Motion <hit enter>
    cd AppLoader <hit enter>
    3. Make sure Desktop Manager is not running

4. Connect BlackBerry to the PC

5. Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window:

loader.exe /nojvm
    Installation
    1. The Application Loader Wizard window will open

2. Click on Next

3. You will get a drop down list with the COM ports and one USB port entry

4. Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN

If you do not see USB:UNKNOWN or USB:BBPIN, then follow instructions listed in a1-a5:
    a1) Disconnect the device from the PC.

a2) Keep the Application Loader Wizard window open

a3) Remove the battery and put it back

a4) While the red led is on, reconnect the device to the PC. The led will only stay on for a few seconds

a5) When USB:UNKNOWN appears in the drop down list, you need to immediately select Next

5. The loader should now connect to your device and you will be able to reinstall the OS
    wow THANKS SO MUCH

that fixed it, i can now wipe and revert to a working OS

also, sorry for the double post, my wireless got funky and sent it twice i think
    04-28-09 06:55 PM
    wow THANKS SO MUCH

that fixed it, i can now wipe and revert to a working OS

also, sorry for the double post, my wireless got funky and sent it twice i think
    No problem. It happens on WAP all the time. If you need any more help, just post back and we'll take care of it.
    04-28-09 06:57 PM
    Hi Guys,

Just have a quick question that im hoping some of you guys on here will be able to answer.

Basically I need to use the JL_Cmdr to wipe my storm later then install a new OS, whats the deal with things like basic settings like internet, sms settings etc (service books i think?) how do I get these back?
    05-07-09 11:02 PM
    Hi Guys,

Just have a quick question that im hoping some of you guys on here will be able to answer.

Basically I need to use the JL_Cmdr to wipe my storm later then install a new OS, whats the deal with things like basic settings like internet, sms settings etc (service books i think?) how do I get these back?

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    05-08-09 07:29 AM
    i have the same problem and it looks like your solution is easy and step by step but i cannot change the directory in the command prompt. it starts out in C:\Documents and settings and i cannot edit it to go to program files.

can anyone please help?
    05-08-09 09:12 AM
    I have the "App Error 523" problem, but I am not trying to upgrade or change my OS. I always stick with whatever Verizon currently has as its latest update. How do I fix my problem? Do i just do the same thing?
    02-09-10 08:12 AM
    where is 2a) 2a)
    02-16-10 09:16 AM
    I couldn't figure out the command prompt fix but this is what I did that worked. Opened up DM. While the BB was displaying the App error 523 I connected the usb cable. The DM did not come up with my device PIN so I manually selected it. At that point the DM greyed out and wouold not let me select anything. I unplugged the USB and re-connected it and the DM then allowed me to select the application loader. It appeared to initialize like it was starting the reload but it was really just stalled there. Again, un-plug then re-connect the usb and the app loader completed the task. That's how I got my phone back. Good luck!
    02-16-10 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD