I've visited 3 different verizon stores in the past week and all of them were running leaked OS's. .113, .123, and .132! I don't think anyone needs to worry about leaked OS's yet alone worry about returning a storm with one on it. Just show them their display phone and laugh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 03:02 AM
    Possibly because the leaked OS's work so much better than the official and stand a greater chance of selling the phone to a prospective customer.
    04-28-09 03:12 AM
    ....and them they are slapped in the face with .75 from the get go...

VZW is smarter than they seem....
    04-28-09 03:38 AM
    Possibly because the leaked OS's work so much better than the official and stand a greater chance of selling the phone to a prospective customer.
    good job mate
    04-28-09 05:13 AM
    This is interesting. Also very misleading for potential customers of the Storm. Actually I think it is very wrong for VZW to do this. Now I need to go to the VZW store near me and check the Storms, just out of curiosity.
    04-28-09 05:47 AM
    At my local store, one was running .75 and one was running .113.
    04-28-09 06:40 AM
    I've visited 3 different verizon stores in the past week and all of them were running leaked OS's. .113, .123, and .132! I don't think anyone needs to worry about leaked OS's yet alone worry about returning a storm with one on it. Just show them their display phone and laugh

If it's on a device at a VZW store it is called a beta not leaked...they are the ones that are supposed to have them.
    04-28-09 07:11 AM
    I have actually seen the same.. about 3 weeks ago i as in my local verizon store and i was looking at the 2 demo models on the floor while waiting with my gf for some technical help for her curve. She was messing with the storm and made her way to the camera where i noticed it had a transparent camera bar! i went to the about and looked at the OS and it was .86. i couldnt believe it. Verizon is actually presenting you with phones that can do more on display than they can actually do right out of the box. I have 2 pics of this (which i took on my storm), i just cannot post picks yet
    04-28-09 08:38 AM
    This sounds like the kind of thing the New York Attorney General LOVES to get involved in!
    04-28-09 08:42 AM
    I had the same expereince in a Verizon Corp Store.
    There were 4 Storms and 2 of them had .75. Then the other 2 had .113.
    I asked about this and the guy showed me his phone running .75 and just said they were showing the incorrect software version.
    I didn't press the matter any further since he lied right off the bat or just didn't realy know. Not that I expected much more but he was pretty rude about it.
    04-28-09 08:53 AM
    Agreed. As a VZW rep, I won't let my customers leave the store until i have installed the latest leak. I refuse to sell headaches and that is exactly what the Storm with .75 is.
    04-28-09 08:55 AM
    Agreed. As a VZW rep, I won't let my customers leave the store until i have installed the latest leak. I refuse to sell headaches and that is exactly what the Storm with .75 is.
    Like it! Do you tell your customers that it's a leak and the official OS sucks?
    04-28-09 09:06 AM
    My girlfriend and I have both returned a total of 3 storms, and all of them were the latest leaked update. Never had any problem with having an unofficial update
    04-28-09 09:31 AM
    Odds are those phones were returned and not flashed back to factory condition before being placed out on the floor...
    04-28-09 09:58 AM
    I was just in my local VZ store, and the display was actually in the middle of receiving the Official OTA upgrade to .141!!!!!!

That's a joke.
    04-28-09 01:36 PM
    Likely a indirect store.

Corp stores don't use used phones as demos and our computers don't allow for a fulldesktop manager experiance/ we have restricted internet

04-28-09 01:49 PM
    Wow, this sounds VERY dangerous.. For you bro... Don't get yourself into trouble...
    04-28-09 02:08 PM
    Lets say that there are these demo phones that have the leaked versions on them and the store rep sells them on it and doesn't tell the customer the difference, isn't that illegal? Like false advertisement or something?
    04-28-09 02:25 PM
    Wow, this sounds VERY dangerous.. For you bro... Don't get yourself into trouble...
    Agreed, not a good idea man. Messing with sensitive policies there.

04-28-09 02:27 PM
    Lets say that there are these demo phones that have the leaked versions on them and the store rep sells them on it and doesn't tell the customer the difference, isn't that illegal? Like false advertisement or something?
    Actually it's called bait and switch.
    04-28-09 02:27 PM
    i have checked all the storms in the many stores around my house and they all have the official .75 on them.
    04-28-09 02:34 PM
    anyone get a picture of these storms running leaked os's? if i saw that in a store i'd be calling them on it!
    04-28-09 02:36 PM
    I would stop this ASAP, as you are breaking guidelines.
    04-28-09 02:43 PM
    Breaking Guide lines or not! I bet he's making his numbers and then some! with little headache
    04-28-09 02:50 PM
    I would stop this ASAP, as you are breaking guidelines.
    LOL - I found that funny.
    04-28-09 02:52 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD