It has now been confirmed that OS 5 for all the 83xx models will be revealed on May 4 at WES. Who else is pumped?
    04-28-09 12:44 AM
    It has now been confirmed that OS 5 for all the 83xx models will be revealed on May 4 at WES. Who else is pumped?
    Confirmed by who?
    04-28-09 12:51 AM
    BES 5.0 is suppose to be the story of WES so I wouldnt doubt if its true.
    04-28-09 12:54 AM
    i dont know about that
    04-28-09 01:01 AM
    It's 100 percent confirmed. It was listed as one of the things viewable at their hands on labs at the WES site for several hours before disappearing for some reason. A lot of people think it was to keep up anticipation for the event.

However tons of people took screencaps.
    04-28-09 01:20 AM
    It's 100 percent confirmed. It was listed as one of the things viewable at their hands on labs at the WES site for several hours before disappearing for some reason. A lot of people think it was to keep up anticipation for the event.

However tons of people took screencaps.
    huh thats crazy i dont have the curve but i did before the storm im sure the bold is next to be official...
    04-28-09 01:35 AM
    Here.

yfrog.com/enwes50revealedj

There. I actually took the effort to find the screencap so you can see exactly what it says. Don't believe it? Look around a bit. Unless like all the dozen or so people who took caps faked it exactly the same way, this is real and I truly hope to god it is.
    04-28-09 01:47 AM
    RIM always said that they would support OS 5 on the 83xx platform. It looks like its true.
    04-28-09 02:11 AM
    Does anyone know if os 5 for 83xx will look like and work like os 5 for the bold, 8900 etc?
    04-28-09 04:15 AM
    Just keep in mind that is the key word. It won't be released on May 4th, (if the rumour is true) it will just be announced. The thread title is a little misleading as it makes it sound like it will be released on the 4th.
    04-28-09 08:14 AM
    i dont know about that
    Believe that. That's the big thing at WES this year, BES 5.0 and OS 5.0. Not any good device announcents to hold your breath about this year.
    04-28-09 08:59 AM
    Just keep in mind that is the key word. It won't be released on May 4th, (if the rumour is true) it will just be announced. The thread title is a little misleading as it makes it sound like it will be released on the 4th.
    The OP never said it would be released on the 4th.
    04-28-09 09:00 AM
    Heard last nite from a tmobile person who works on phones. Its the middle of may for all phones. So we just have to wait and see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 09:09 AM
    i cant Wait!!!
    04-28-09 09:12 AM
    Well, since a working version of os 5 for 83xx will be shown to attendees there's a very good chance that a beta will appear for us very soon after. And at least we know for sure now that all of us with older devices will e kept "in the loop" and won't have to upgrade to a new device if we don't want to (or in my case can't afford to).
    04-28-09 10:32 AM
    The OP never said it would be released on the 4th.
    OS 5 for 83xx Confirmed for May 4
    The thread title eludes to a release date more than an annoucement. I think most people coming into this thread would make that assumption too.
    04-28-09 10:58 AM
    The thread title eludes to a release date more than an annoucement. I think most people coming into this thread would make that assumption too.

Revealed and released are two totally different things.
    04-28-09 11:02 AM
    Revealed and released are two totally different things.
    Lol yes, thats exactly what I said in my post on the first page of this thread. I was just pointing out that some people might assume from the thread title that it will be released on the 4th.
    04-28-09 11:09 AM
    Haha. I was wondering if I was the only one who caught that on the Labs list. And yep, it's gone now. lol. But I have said all along, there will be 5.0 for the 83xx.
    04-28-09 11:23 AM
    hopefully they will reveal it for all the devices
    04-28-09 01:54 PM
    Okay everybody, I apologise for not wording the thread better. I did not intened it to sound misleading, however as an owner of an 8310 I find this news to be essentially just as good. If they have 5.0 for 83xx ready enough to show the world at WES it's pretty certain the a beta will be floating around the internet in no time. Plus, it's exciting to know for 100 percent sure it's coming. They had hinted before that it would come, but now it's sure deal and I'm hella excited.
    04-28-09 03:23 PM
    Doesn't seem many of those here follow the cb podcasts but the last one that featured a BB dev rep blatently pointed to the 5.0 release that would be backward compatible with all the trackball models. It was also very strongly hinted that the sdram was going to be used for app installation even if it was still not going to be usable for the actual executable memory as we had hoped. This was part of the reason for the re-structuring of RIM R+D into a centrally combined division instead of keeping each model division seperate as had been the case in the past. Keep the faith baby.
    04-28-09 03:55 PM
    I am so stoked for this... I have been checking everywhere daily just to see if there is new info regarding the upgrade.
    04-29-09 12:01 PM
    This is awesome news! I can't wait for it to come out! I'm glad that I don't have to "upgrade" my phone to get OS 5.0.
    04-29-09 04:24 PM
    So, I guess my 8320 will be happier in a short time!
    04-29-09 05:46 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD