Hey all,

My Blackberry Bold came with Sample Photos that are "padlocked". Is there a way to unlock them so I can delete them ?

Thanks
    04-27-09 09:37 PM
    No way to unlock them, but if you get BBFileScout which is like a file explorer for Blackberry devices, you can delete them when using that. You can get it off my site at Applications - Hooked on Tronyx!. There is an OTA link you can type into the browser on your Bold or you can download it and install it with DM.

Chris
    04-27-09 11:16 PM
    Wow ! That's great ! Thanks !
    04-27-09 11:19 PM
    Wow ! That's great ! Thanks !
    Not a problem. It's really great to be able to delete all the stock stuff that you're never going to use. The MMS gif files, the cr*p ton of ringtones and alerts that you'll never touch, etc.

Chris
    04-27-09 11:29 PM
    You can also use CrackMem, when upgrading the OS, to delete the sample music / videos / pictures, VVM, vendor.xml file, without manually searching for the files ....
    04-28-09 05:50 AM
    Not a problem. It's really great to be able to delete all the stock stuff that you're never going to use. The MMS gif files, the cr*p ton of ringtones and alerts that you'll never touch, etc.

Chris
    Chris, is it okay to delete the stock ringtones? I have read conflicting opinions and want to make sure I am not going to screw up my phone.

Thanks!
    04-28-09 10:53 AM
    I've deleted a lot of ringtones with BBFileScout. I haven't had any issues.
    04-28-09 11:04 AM
    I've deleted a lot of ringtones with BBFileScout. I haven't had any issues.
    Sweet. I'll be deleting me some ringtones now. Thanks for the quick response.

BTW...BBFileScout is a great program.
    04-28-09 11:11 AM
    No way to unlock them, but if you get BBFileScout which is like a file explorer for Blackberry devices, you can delete them when using that. You can get it off my site at Applications - Hooked on Tronyx!. There is an OTA link you can type into the browser on your Bold or you can download it and install it with DM.

Chris
    Over the air link is broken, just gives you DM file. Can't see OTA link.
    04-28-09 11:19 AM
    I just used Tronyx's link to his site, and the OTA worked fine for me. Took about 8-10 seconds to DL. Havent run the program yet though. BTW, thanks Tronyx for the nice collection of apps. Some I have, some I didnt, but will try in the future.
    Last edited by joonbugg; 04-28-09 at 02:16 PM.
    04-28-09 02:08 PM
    OTA seems to be working fine for me as well. You need to hover your mouse over it on your computer to see the link and then type it into your browser on your Blackberry.

Thanks for the compliments joonbugg.

Chris
    04-28-09 11:06 PM
    I downloaded BBfileScout and it wouldn't delete anything! Any suggestions? REALLY want to get rid of these F%$*ing "sample" photos.
    03-13-10 05:20 PM
    I downloaded BBfileScout and it wouldn't delete anything! Any suggestions? REALLY want to get rid of these F%$*ing "sample" photos.
    It will not work on OS 5.0. Your only option is to remove them with BBSAK or Shrink-OS prior to installing the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 06:25 PM
    How would someone remove them with BBSAK I don't want these sample files either.
    03-13-10 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD