I know i read about this issue in a post a while back, but damn if I can find it now. So I apologize in advance.

Recently I've noticed that most emails (about 75%) I send from my BB do not show up in my sent folder in Gmail like they used to. I rely on this feature because I'm often sending emails from both my BB and PC and I liked the fact that no matter where the message originated, it would appear in my sent folder regardless. Oddly a few will still randomly show up in the sent folder. I've done several battery pulls as well but the problem still exists.

Also just to clarify, this is if i send an email from the BB messages folder. If I send it from the Gmail app, then it appears in my sent folder but I generally prefer to use the BB messages app. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-27-09 09:24 PM
    I'm experiencing this as well. Just started a couple days ago.
    04-28-09 12:17 PM
    I use comcast and I have never had an email sent from my bb show up in my sent mail folder on the pc.
    04-28-09 12:19 PM
    Same here have that problem
    04-28-09 01:55 PM
    I use comcast and I have never had an email sent from my bb show up in my sent mail folder on the pc.
    I'm asking specifically about Gmail since I'm not sure how other email providers handle their sent messages. But I know up until a few days ago 100% of my emails sent from the BB would appear in my Gmail sent folder. Since a few of them still do, I'm at a loss for how to troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully someone here has the answer.
    04-28-09 02:12 PM
    I have the same problem with Gmail. Don't know why this is happening.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:59 PM
    Thanks kashio. I've resent my service books and will report back.

04-28-09 05:14 PM
    Resending service books didn't work. I am a little wary of removing my email account because outside of emails not appearing in my sent folder, everything else works. With my luck, I will screw up 10 other things trying to get 1 thing to work. I'll have to think about it and get back to you.

Is there any explanation as to why this suddenly started happening?
    04-28-09 09:24 PM
    I'm going to try removing my email account and I'll let you know if it works for me. I'm having the problem specifically in gmail and it worked for over a year and now is suddenly not. But also my phone is having other problems (signal drops, ringer stopped working) so my problem could be related to that.
    05-01-09 07:34 AM
    Thanks, Geibers. I look forward to your report!

05-01-09 09:01 AM
    My 8900 died over the weekend and I was sent a replacement. Does that technically count as having removed my email account and re-adding it? If so, it didn't fix the problem. Still hit or miss whether or not a sent message will appear in my gmail sent folder.
    05-06-09 11:21 AM
    Sounds like a change on the Gmail side.....
    05-06-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD