Hey just out of curiousity, has anyone realized that on just about any sw version the storm seems to run faster and us much snappier when using the stock theme vs using an aftermarket theme. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 07:12 PM
    Aftermarket themes that use the original icons work good as well.

But those with custom icons often times are "heavier" due too the graphics used when creating them, just look at the size of the custom made themes they are almost always larger then stock themes.

So yes, I've noticed it on many occasions usually when I do a review for the Blogs on a Storm theme I'll make note if it's a heavy feeling theme.

BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com
    04-27-09 07:14 PM
    Yeah, it really depends on how "heavy" a theme is when developed. There are a lot of aftermarket themes out there that run just as well as the stock theme.
    04-27-09 07:16 PM
    Yeah, it really depends on how "heavy" a theme is when developed. There are a lot of aftermarket themes out there that run just as well as the stock theme.
    Exactly, if icons/graphics are compressed correctly you can see little to no difference in quality...but you can feel it in the way the theme works, cause it will work almost like a stock theme.
    04-27-09 07:18 PM
    Hey just out of curiousity, has anyone realized that on just about any sw version the storm seems to run faster and us much snappier when using the stock theme vs using an aftermarket theme. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I totally agree. I upgraded to .132 and was using the iVista2 theme and I was like wtf? doesnt seem that much faster to me. I went back to the standard theme and noticed a big difference.
    04-27-09 07:36 PM
    haha thanks for the info so far. Ok, so what're some of the "lighter"themes that some people here use on your storm that you barely notice a difference b/w that one and the stock theme? can anyone recommend to me a nice "light" theme that looks decent enough for the storm?

Thanks again. also are there any themes out there with no memory leak? hahah i was at work today and while trying to call my manager back, my storm kept on the hour glass thing for liek 2 min and kept on freezing up. Now, considering i always close out all ofmy apps and runt he stock memroy cleaner, i'm usually at about 27 mb of free app memory down from 37. from fresh start up. today when trying to use my phone, the reason it kept on freezing up was because i soon realized i only had like 7 mb of free app memory and I have no idea how it got soo low which frustrated me.

Another thing, I've properly downloaded the new .132 exe file for the sw version for my storm. right now i'm currently running the .122 bell mobile sw version. the download went through fine on my laptop BUT when i try to sync my phone up through DM, i go to application loader, update software, after about 20 sec or so of reading my phone, it says that there is no addtitional sw to update and that i'm already updated and this is with my .132 exe sw file on my laptop. Now, i've tried numerous times to uninstall the sw on my laptop, re-install it, re-sync my storm up with my laptop numerous times and nothing! it's also very frustrating! If anyone can help me out with this i'd reallllly appreciate it. Other than that of course, my phone is running perfectly fine!
    04-27-09 07:46 PM
    carfanatic: you should break your inquiries and create new threads, in the appropriate sub-forums.

Themes
    OS Discussions

You may find people having already asked the same questions you did. Cheers.
    04-27-09 08:58 PM
    haha yesh i do realize this but i figured i'd post it here anyways. so, could someonhe please help me out here so i don't have to re post it? Thank you.
    04-27-09 09:01 PM
    Just like the apps .... bigger and more detail = slower device.
    04-27-09 09:09 PM
    true true. which themes are the more recommended themes? and could anyone please try to help me with the sw that i did download on my laptop please? Thank you.
    04-27-09 09:11 PM
    I rock with the ninja theme
    04-27-09 09:12 PM
    the ninja theme eh? is tha theme pretty fast?
    04-27-09 09:13 PM
    Well I need help with finding the free themes......friend has one and it is a crown royal bottle.....I don't know where to find it! Can anyone help?? Please!
    04-27-09 09:20 PM
    I totally agree. I upgraded to .132 and was using the iVista2 theme and I was like wtf? doesnt seem that much faster to me. I went back to the standard theme and noticed a big difference.
    i'm running .132 and loving it. my theme of choice is custom theme dark which is very user friendly and i love the layout.
    Last edited by jake2172; 04-27-09 at 09:25 PM.
    04-27-09 09:22 PM
    custom dark theme eh? i have a red and black theme on my phone now along with the travis barker green theme which works pretty well. I'm just looking for more interesting and creative themes to choose from that's all.
    04-27-09 09:24 PM
    custom dark theme eh? i have a red and black theme on my phone now along with the travis barker green theme which works pretty well. I'm just looking for more interesting and creative themes to choose from that's all.
    heres the link to all the free themes alot of good ones....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/al...s-here-163223/
    04-28-09 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD