This morning the worst fear for a phone happened. I forgot my phone was on vibrate and i set it on a slanted counter, soon as it rang my phone fell, face down, into a puddle of water. I was not lucky enough that it decided it would still like to work. It's pretty much done for. A sad sad day.
    04-27-09 11:20 AM
    Sorry to hear that, austin. Is the battery out and are you trying to let it dry?
    04-27-09 11:23 AM
    Sorry to hear that, austin. Is the battery out and are you trying to let it dry?
    yes and yes

I'm hoping against odds, but i doubt it will happen.
    04-27-09 01:39 PM
    Don't forget the rice!!! Good luck-hope it revives for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 01:57 PM
    yes and yes

I'm hoping against odds, but i doubt it will happen.
    Austin...

Although I am saddened that you would allow such a thing to happen to something which is obviously an integral part of your life... I would like to help...

Sit it in a bowl of dry, uncooked rice overnight. This will take away most of the moisture... it will however, never be the same

But hey... this could be an excuse to upgrade?! lol
    04-27-09 01:58 PM
    put it into a sealed container of dry rice, battery and device separately for a few days. many have said this works wonders for drying out bb's that have gone for a swim (the rice wicks away the moisture)
    04-27-09 02:03 PM
    Do the rice trick for a few days. Don't try and rush things and take it out and turn it on early. That'll just screw you over. It'll be too early. Just be patient.

04-27-09 02:13 PM
    Bummer(
    04-27-09 02:20 PM
    Wow, I'm so sorry this happened to you. Try the rice trick, it's not over till it's over!
    04-27-09 02:52 PM
    I hope you have insurance bud
    04-27-09 03:10 PM
    This morning the worst fear for a phone happened. I forgot my phone was on vibrate and i set it on a slanted counter, soon as it rang my phone fell, face down, into a puddle of water. I was not lucky enough that it decided it would still like to work. It's pretty much done for. A sad sad day.
    I am sad for you
    04-27-09 03:30 PM
    If the rice doesn't get you back on track, let us know, I will cue Taps for your BB. Try and have a better day.

04-27-09 03:35 PM
    sorry to hear man, rice brought my last blackberry back to life, hopefully it works for u
    04-27-09 03:41 PM
    Yea, sorry that happened. Be sure to try the suggestions to save your berry and let us know how it works out for you. Good Luck.
    04-27-09 04:06 PM
    I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to ur berry!!! Ugh i am actually sad for you. Something similar happened with my pearl...I had to wound up getting it replaced thru insurance! Hopefully the rice thing will work well for your berry!!!
    04-27-09 04:07 PM
    let us all take a moment out of our day, and direct our thoughts to you.

and the rice trick brought two razrs of mine, one enV, and my Curve to life. So deff try it. Sorry phones! I guess I like you too clean. But seriously, all incidents except one were during cleaning. XD
    04-27-09 06:11 PM
    There was a trick I heard of before. I never tried it, but would if I had to.

Put the device in a bowl of rubbing alcohol and then take it out and let it air dry. Word is, alcohol will evaporate and push the water aside so the circuits don't rust on the board.
    04-27-09 06:38 PM
    That completely sucks. I hope you get it all worked out.

04-27-09 11:24 PM
    Sorry to hear this
    Hopefully it'll still work after it dries.

04-27-09 11:58 PM
    And heed the advice to leave it in and not rush to use it.....doing that cost me my screen, an LED, and having to get a new berry
    04-28-09 12:01 AM
    Sorry to hear that, I hope u get it fix soon. I'm a freak and treat my BB like my baby, I sleep with it

04-28-09 12:27 AM
    its like dropping your baby
    04-28-09 12:33 AM
    geez, and I thought it was bad when I got my first scratch on my Bold's screen today... I feel for you, good luck with it.
    04-28-09 12:48 AM
    That's terrible. I dropped my berry for the first time today. As I was exiting my car to go to work it fell out of my pocket and landed on the cement ground. Luckily, it only scratched the silver bezel which I can/will replace. Try the rice trick.

04-28-09 01:14 AM
    yup i dropped my storm the other day and it barely had a little scratch on the side i almost went in tears bro and wanted to do and ins. claim...it was the worst day ever!!
    04-28-09 01:21 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD