Anyone have experience with this case? It is real cheap on Amazon...

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    04-27-09 11:00 AM
    My girlfriend has the pink version. It is really thin, but it doesn't fit as tight as I would like. For $10 i would atleast try it. At the verizon store it cost $15.
    04-27-09 11:08 AM
    its depends on if you like the silicone material or not. hate it because all it does is collect dust and makes it hard to get out of pockets and whatnot. Plus its not good protection for the phone. You get what you pay for in cases IMO
    04-27-09 11:10 AM
    yea i have the clear one that they show in the store in the storm display...it is different from the one you are seeing on amazon, i do not think they sell the one i have anymore. i got it the first day i got my phone so.
    04-27-09 11:21 AM
    it does what it does, but i find the rubber attracts a LOT of lint and stuff from pockets...the phone will also not fit in the holster this way. I've switched to just using the stock holster
    04-27-09 11:37 AM
    I have two. They are good for the grippy feel, but they collect lint a bit and are difficult to pull out of pockets. They also get a bit looser over time. I went with the Incipio Feather after using the OEM skins for a couple months, and the Feather is pricier but it has the rubberized feel without getting stuck in pockets or collecting lint or loosening.
    04-27-09 11:38 AM
    I bought my silicone skin from a Verizon store (purple). I like it.

The skin somewhat attracts lint (I learned when I put the phone in my pant's pocket), making lint stuck on the skin. This lint-attracting behavior seems to lessen over time (probaby as the skin gets a bit more.. um.. greasy with use).

I store the phone+skin in a generic-leather-belt-clip-cheapo holster and it goes in+out fine.

It's thin enough to not add much bulk but thick enough to take a few inches of fall (actually, my wife had dropped hers from 3 feet and the phone+skin was unscratched).

It's easy to put on/remove from the phone (good for the occasional phone freezes).

If there's anything I dislike is that the skin covers the side buttons, requiring you to press a bit more for the buttons to register (due to the additional cushion from the skin).

(The one I bought looks slightly different than pictured on the shopblackberry site. My skin's holes for the camera and speaker cover just the areas needing to be exposed, no more. Looks like this).
    04-27-09 11:39 AM
    I have one and like it for the most part. All of the above comments are true regarding the lint, the grippy effect when using it in pockets and what not. The one real problem I finally had with mine is it's now starting to tear at the top where the big cut-out for the camera is. It started tearing from there to the headphone jack hole. All in all, it's $10 and it's good for what it is. Personally I would spend a bit more and get something that will hold up better and maybe not grab as much. Good luck.
    04-27-09 12:27 PM
    it does what it does, but i find the rubber attracts a LOT of lint and stuff from pockets...the phone will also not fit in the holster this way. I've switched to just using the stock holster
    Agreed...used this for a few days but it attracted too much lint and dust from my pockets
    04-27-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD