Please bare with me as this is the first time I have ever wrote a review. Also if a review has been made or if I have posted in the wrong forum, Mods please just move or delete.

I recently purchased a pair of Motorola MotoRokr S9-HD Bluetooth headphones. I had been eyeballing these for a year. Just until now I decided to take the plunge of buying these as I have alot of movies and music on my Storm and just don't want the hassle of having cords to mess with.

Pros:
    -Range was pretty good. I could sit it on my dresser and walk to the bathroom which is about 15 feet away and still have clear playback. (The estimated range is 30 feet.)
    -The sound quality is excellent. I would put them up there with the sound quality of Bose headphones.
    -Pairing was easy, took less than two minutes for my phone to find and pair up.
    -The look of the headphones are neat imo. People I have showed these headphones to have commented on how nice they look.
    -Call quality is also good. I can hear callers just fine and vice versa.
    -Do not know about battery life as of yet. I have only had them for a day now. (Estimates are 6-7 hours of talk time, 6 days of stand by time.) It took about thirty minutes to fully charge after taking it out of the package.
    -They fit comfortably around my head and inside of my ear. They come with three different interchangable earbuds to fit your needs.
    -The buttons are easy to remember and easy to access. You have your play, skip forward/backward buttons on the right side, and the talk, volume up/down buttons on the left.
    -They are very lightweight.
    -If you own a iPod, you can also purchase a Bluetooth adapter for it that will enable you to use these headphones with your iPod.

Cons:
    -The battery is non-replaceable. This is bad considering it is limited to a estimated 400 charges.
    -Reception can sometimes be iffy depending on how you have your phone. I noticed if I had my phone upside down in my pocket I would have no problems, if I have it right side up it would cut in and out sometimes.
    -Going down the road I had problems with people hearing me. I had the window down and the person I was talking to said she could barely understand me. Figured it was just the wind coming into the window.
    -Some reviews I read on Best Buys website was people complaining about the fit. Me personally it fits good which is great considering I have a big head.

I figured I would chime in and let people know how these headphones are. I would give it 4.5 out of 5. Here is a link to Best Buys website for anyone who may be interested in these.

Motorola - S9HD Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headphones - Black - 89307N

And here is a link to Amazon where they have a bundle deal for the headphones and the iPod adapter.

Amazon.com: Motorola S9-HD Headset with D650 iPod Adapter and Carrying Case (Gloss Black): Electronics
    04-27-09 08:05 AM
    I just received the S9HD from Motorola as my old S9's kept crapping out due to moisture from workouts. So far so good with the HD except too much bass for me. I tried to modify the sound on the Storm but it seems to have no effect with this headset. The equalizer feature on the Storm works fine with hardwired earphones but appears not to work with the bluetooth S9HD. Does anyone else have a similar experience?
    06-03-09 02:14 PM
    Glad you like the motorolas...I personally will never buy another pair of them because of the experience I had with them cutting out when just being carried in my holster!! I always thought it was the Storms blue tooth but when my S9's recently died I purchased LG HBS-200 stereo headphones and what a difference they make! I can finally carry my Storm in its holster and the music doesn't cut out. The sound quality isn't as good as it was in the S9's and its not quite as loud..but I will take that over not being able to listen to music while its in my holster any day.
    06-03-09 02:28 PM
    I also have the cut out problem while in the holster, I like the device but cant use it while walking.
    06-03-09 02:30 PM
    My MotoRokr s9-HD's really sounded, fit, and looked great until about six months later when the usb charging port decided to die. I could get it to charge but had to twist it a certain way to make the connection (pain in the b*tt). Then the right speaker suddenly quit working...I'm in the process of contacting Motorola for warrantee repair. If you plan on getting these you have to be really carefull cause they are very fragile.
    06-03-09 02:53 PM
    Your review is very good. I love mine for the most part. I have a problem with them slipping down in back of my head when sweaty (hard not to be in Houston). I fixed that with some velcro on the back of the phones and on the back of my hat. Keeps the phones inplace.
    06-03-09 02:54 PM
    Umm, I ain't getting nekkid with you. Seriously, though, nice review.

Please bare with me...
    06-03-09 03:12 PM
    I agree that they are very fragile. This is my 4th one I have received from Motorola under my one year warranty. I don't even use them that often! Since I do have a working pair of HD's now, does anyone know how to get the Storm equalizer settings to work with them? They have too much bass for my taste and the usual options on my Storm seem to have no effect.
    06-05-09 11:25 AM
    I agree that they are very fragile. This is my 4th one I have received from Motorola under my one year warranty. I don't even use them that often! Since I do have a working pair of HD's now, does anyone know how to get the Storm equalizer settings to work with them? They have too much bass for my taste and the usual options on my Storm seem to have no effect.
    I posted a thread about the lack of Equalizer support on bluetooth headphones, but got no response.

As far as I can tell, the equalizer has no effect on the sound when you are paired to a stereo bluetooth headset (I tried and returned a pair of Sonys) - sound was just too muddy. The menu actually is different when you are on the now playing screen on the Storm when you are using wired vs bluetooth headphones. There is an Equalizer menu under the main "blackberry" menu button when using wired, but it is missing when you are on bluetooth. You can get to the eq settings by going escaping one level back from the now playing screen, and then using the BB menu - Options, there is a pick for the EQ, but it makes no difference in the sound.

This is a major disappointment for me. An EQ could really help make up for sound quality over BT.

So in summary, it appears safe to assume that the Storm has no EQ adjustment capability when using BT headphones (probably ANY BT headphones, since the Moto and Sony both did the same thing).

My next question is whether all cell phones are this way (or at least all Blackberrys)? Anyone out there ever use a different Blackberry with BT headphones, with EQ capability?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    06-08-09 04:05 PM
    Does anyone know of a third party app that has equalizer and bluetooth capability?
    06-08-09 07:13 PM
    It really is frustrating. I want wireless headphones, and I am willing to make some concessions regarding sound quality, but those Sony's just didn't sound good. Wired was a huge improvement, since you can actually use (and easily access) the equalizer.

The Sony model I tried was the DRBT22 (admittedly an inexpensive, older model). I like bright sounding (lots of treble) music with a decent amount of bass, but these just sounded like all midrange.
    06-08-09 08:40 PM
    anyone tried listening to pandora on your headphones? it wont stream to my S9's for some reason.
    06-15-09 02:33 PM
    I accidentally found a fix to this while finding another con not listed. If you change the rubber ear buds the bass sounds different due to the fit. I only found this out because I lost 2 of the buds on separate occasions and had to go to the spares. Other than that I really am happy with these. I am coming off a HORRIBLE experience with the jawbone assassin of my patience and happy I switched.
    06-15-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD