I've several movies I made with Handbrake that worked fine 'til yesterday. While playing one I stopped and took a call. Then when I went back to the movie I got a reboot. Tried a battery pull; still a reboot when trying to play. Thought it was the movie so I tried another and got another reboot. It appears a file needed to play the movies is missing. After the first battery pull I got several messages about missing files on the first reboot and I had to click ok to keep the reboot going. Anyone got any ideas on how to get the movies to play again or what files might be missing?
    04-27-09 06:28 AM
    Did you save the movies to a mem card or the device?
    04-27-09 07:37 AM
    They're on the memory card. However, they played yesterday but quit after I stopped a movie in mid stream. Now they won't play at all. I also discovered other videos, like those sent online, won't play either. Seems like I corrupted something.
    04-27-09 03:22 PM
    I talked with ATT chat today and they've suggested reloading the operating system. I've dowloaded the original ( I don't want to upgrade until the warranty is up) and tried to download. However, the I get a message saying the OS doesn't need upgrading. Do I have to remove the old OS before I can reinstall?

I see in the video tutorial advice to remove the vendor.xml file from the operating system download before upgrading. What does that file do.
    04-27-09 08:39 PM
    Nothing important. Just identifies which carrier that OS is for.
    04-27-09 09:05 PM
    i just review an app for youtube videos, xenozu, its free from the blackberry app world
    04-27-09 09:11 PM
    I've several movies I made with Handbrake that worked fine 'til yesterday. While playing one I stopped and took a call. Then when I went back to the movie I got a reboot. Tried a battery pull; still a reboot when trying to play. Thought it was the movie so I tried another and got another reboot. It appears a file needed to play the movies is missing. After the first battery pull I got several messages about missing files on the first reboot and I had to click ok to keep the reboot going. Anyone got any ideas on how to get the movies to play again or what files might be missing?
    its a problem with the stock .167 os. i've got the same issue. i've seen both good and bad comments that a newer os will fix the issue. i can get about 5 or 6 minutes into a movie or fast forward, and it reboots my bold. the only fix i found to stop it was to delete the movie or video, and put it back on the card again. i think i remember reading that if you save it to the bolds internal memory this doesnt happen, i havent tried that yet so i couldnt say. i just quit watching videos on the bold
    04-27-09 11:38 PM
    im using the stock os and havent had the reboot problem yet. You might try different formats when using handbrake. Also make sure your file extension matches the compression type.
    04-28-09 12:00 AM
    Cobra, Webpmp,
    So you think I do not need to reinstall the operating system?
    04-28-09 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD