I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere or a stupid question, but I have a bunch of themes that I downloaded from BPlay that if I delete I only get one resend every 6 mths, and I am running out of memory. I thought there was a way to move stuff onto the computer w/out deleting it, but when I tried that w/one of my free themes as a test my computer didn't have it and it wasn't on my phone.
    Is there a way to do this so I don't have to keep all my paid for themes on my phone all the time?
    I would REALLY like to free up the memory.
    Please let me know!
    Thank You
    04-26-09 07:23 PM
    I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere or a stupid question, but I have a bunch of themes that I downloaded from BPlay that if I delete I only get one resend every 6 mths, and I am running out of memory. I thought there was a way to move stuff onto the computer w/out deleting it, but when I tried that w/one of my free themes as a test my computer didn't have it and it wasn't on my phone.
    Is there a way to do this so I don't have to keep all my paid for themes on my phone all the time?
    I would REALLY like to free up the memory.
    Please let me know!
    Thank You
    I put everything I mean every new stuff on a mem card. This case anything happens to my phone I have everything, all my music, themes, ringtones etc. saved.
    04-26-09 07:46 PM
    How do you get all of it on there? From the phone itself or thru desktop manager? I'm just still unsure how to get stuff off my phone.
    04-26-09 08:07 PM
    I would love to know how you do it too. Because you cannot store themes on your memory card!!
    04-26-09 08:16 PM
    I would love to know how you do it too. Because you cannot store themes on your memory card!!
    I have the Zip file on my PC and transfer to a mem card. With OTA u cannot do that.
    04-26-09 08:52 PM
    You can backup 3rd party apps as alx/cod, regardless of what the original install type was.
    04-26-09 09:01 PM
    Do you do that w/the desktop manager? Because I know I've done it in the past w/my Pearl but everytime I remove something w/it for my Bold it just gets deleted
    Can you explain or link to me an explanation of exactly how to back up my 3rd party apps and themes?
    Thank you!
    **UPDATE**
    After searching the forums for 3rd party back up I found this link (http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/) and am wondering if this would include my themes. If so, I'm good to go!
    Last edited by goddessnyki; 04-26-09 at 09:20 PM.
    04-26-09 09:14 PM
    3rd party apps includes themes, so you're good. You can load the .alx file in a text editor and look for the theme names to make sure.
    04-26-09 09:22 PM
    Awesome!
    Thanks for helping me help myself
    and BTW... Blockberry is the best game ever and I've played a LOT of phone games in my day
    04-26-09 09:33 PM
    Yeah I was maybe gonna do a multiplayer battleship clone over BBM but I dunno... It requires signed api's... Also I'd have to mess with sprite animations which I haven't done yet.
    04-26-09 09:40 PM
    oooo... That would be SUPER awesome! I used to play battleship via email at work but we aren't allowed personal emails anymore so it would be crazy awesome to be able to play via BBM. Might be a reason for me to have it heh. I don't know anyone that has a BB except my uncle heh.
    If you need anyone to help you test it... I love bein a test monkey
    04-26-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD